September 1st, 2012

Saturday's live events

The Republicans have had their say, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:50 am ET - Romney in Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Ohio, where he'll participate in a rally in Cincinnati.

2:20 pm ET - Obama visits Iowa - President Obama spends his day in Iowa, beginning with a campaign event in Urbandale.  He'll then travel to Sioux City for an appearance at Morningside College at 7:05 pm ET.

4:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan will get together in Jacksonville, Florida, for a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Kenney

@ phillip,,,,,beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep,,,,your answer is wrong ! Where did you do your research at ? The school of stupid you need to try again . Where is it that the lds church believes that the second coming will occur ? Please give state and location ! Second coming as in where will christ take his seat in this country?

September 1, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. The Political Beast

Unborn human life is no longer precious, dipstick. And getaclue.

September 1, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

.....ænd then you woke up.

September 1, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. The Political Beast

No matter if it has a small donkey head or a big Elephant head, it's still the same mentally challenged overly-obese 12 yr. old carrying a loaded shotgun. (and wearing a platic "world police" badge made in China)
    D or R is not a choice, in other words. (other than voting for a man you think will give you what you want, backfire)

September 1, 2012 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Rule of Thumb

No work, no eat. (with few exceptions)

September 1, 2012 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Hamsta

I find it hilarious that liberal left wingers don't have a problem giving my money to shanika so she can spit out yet another illegitimate child so she can have yet another steak and lobster dinner with julio the mexican drug dealer while her child eats a hot dog wearing a two day old diaper, but they do have a problem with me spending my own hard earned tax dollars to recover from the third disaster in 7 years while I work my knuckles to the bone to make sure the rest of the nation has.energy to keep their lights on at night, shoes on their feet, and a dinner plate on thei their table. All the nasty comments that were directed at me, my state,y people and our way of life yet you don't realize that it is thanks to louisiana and her people that you are able to live your comfortable life. So what has shanika done for you other than turning a trick? Some of you people have your wrong head in the wrong hole if your not to stupid to know what that means.

September 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Disagreeing with you doesn't mean one is stupid, Hamsta, it merely means one doesn't agree with you, that's all.
      Louisiana contributes much, as do all of the bigger ports in America do.
      I have seen nobody of any value that has denigrated you or your state on this blog, other than obvious trolls.

September 1, 2012 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

None of that was directed at you Banasy, or Chrissy or Dazzle Bobcat, Phillip or any of my other blogging friends that I have discussions, disagreements or even agree with. Though you rarely agree with me you at least try to be and almost always are respectful towards me as well as all my other blogging friends. I was just blowing some steam and those people know who they are.

September 1, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

Wow, it looks like I've been missing all kinds of crap here. Hello dazzle, banasy, Kenny. When I left out of here earlier were on that speech by Romney. Now we are covering the position of the second coming, aids and everything else. So is this just a pot pourie (sp) now ?

Well in that case, I think the world is round, in an ovalish kind of way.

September 1, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

You just got to love the weekends on the blogs. So how are you tonite ?

September 1, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy

Yeah, I saw it changing early on today. So I guess I already knew what i would run into at this time of the evening. And to make matters worse, I think we're in a full moon phase.
      Oh, and has that Issac rain started hitting your area yet ?

September 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@bciah:
      Yes, we're getting some rain.
      It's been pretty steady, nothing too bad yet.
      I don't think (knocks wood) that we're going to get the horrible downpours that were predicted.
      Thankfully.

September 1, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Good day to you Bobcat, if I remember correctly I think you told me you are a retired fireman or about to retire. I just talked to my dad's neighbor. He's a cop and he was telling me about the relief effort. Wjen I finished the conversation I went inside and thought about some things I have been through and have seen others go through. Don't get me wrong Slidell police are very professional and my dad's neighbor is a good guy, but through my experience not all policeman and departments are good people. The point is I have never met a bad fireman, they never are out to harm you in any way, their job is completely about keeping you safe. I was watching one t

September 1, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Good evening Bobcat, if i'm not mistaken I think you told me you were a retired fireman or you are close to retiring. My brother is a veteran and he says one of the biggest problems with America is that noone appreciates anything anymore, they never say thank you. I was just talking to my dads neighbor, he's a cop. He was telling me about the relief effort and I remembered what my brother said. I made sure to tell him thank you and shook his hand. I would also like to extend that thanks to you for all your years of service in rescuing people and keeping us all safe, I wish I could shake your hand also. Your joles also put a smile on my face, I would like to thank you for that to.

September 1, 2012 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

OSorry about the double post, I was editing some things out because some of the things I have been through aren't easy to explain and my connection is acting crazy right now so rather than concentrate on that I just want to thank you

September 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Hamsta

Well thank you very much for that. It's not often that we ever got any thanks. But that's not the reason we do it. I'm semi-retired now and am training recruits in medical first response. My second love.
      Maybe the next time I get over there to New Orleans we can get together and have a beer or sumpin.

September 1, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Banazi

They don't starve unborn humans to death. They poke holes in their heads and suck the brains out (partial birth abort), but no *wholesale starving* occurs. That would be uncivilized.

September 1, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah, I see that someone who has admitted that he will pervert the spelling of my u/n to "highlight" a characteristic of mine, has finally made good on his promise to do so.
      I was referring to the abominable post by the poster calling himself "The Human Condition", espousing starvation of people.

I do not know what perverting my u/n has to do with anything, or what gratification one would get from doing so; and as I've been told that I possess more character and moral integrity than most people, especially one who embraces Hitleresque tactics, I shall leave the childish trolling to those who do it the very best.

September 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Aha. There's that word again. Abominable – The snowman that lives in the himalayas.
      Sorry banasy, I just couldn't resist.

September 1, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr:
      But you finally got it right!

September 1, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Whoops, I said that wrong. I meant indomitable. I got ahead of myself that time. You know, that is kind of a crazy statement since you are a single person. I mean, I hear people say, "I was beside myself" or I got ahead of myself or some other such statement. How can that be possible when one is just that ? One. I mean have the laws of physics been breached where one can be a multiple of one ?

September 1, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

Yes I am very much relaxed now. Our first evening back together after being apart for almost week was, well let me just say, special.

September 1, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@Rawr:
      You said:
      "How can that be possible when one is just that ? One. I mean have the laws of physics been breached where one can be a multiple of one ?"
      You've read this thread and *still* ask that question, lol??

September 1, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Bciah:
      I thought that what you said yesterday, that it felt like you and your wife had been apart for a month, was one of the sweetest things I have ever read...awwwwwwww....

September 1, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Banazi

Low life trailer t r a s h jerk. Lay of the ladies, mmmmkay?

September 1, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lmao @ bobcat, the conversation always gets disgusting when you know who happens on the scene. I dont think hes ever been happy a damn day in his life, and would like to make everyone else as miserable as he. A poster child for abortion.

September 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lol bobcat, there are 2 people on this thread that are *multiples of one!*

September 1, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

There you are. Iwondered when you were going to jump in. I've got room to talk. I just got back myself. It's just crazy how quickly the conversation gets changed. And a lot of the time you don't even realize it until you're having heated words.

September 1, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Well, I for one am tired of having my name twisted to make a point about something I don't even personally believe in.
      It's distasteful on disrespectful to the extreme.

Hey, chrissy.
      Feeling better?

September 1, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hamsta

Now I know why everyone likes Cleco so much more than Entergy. Not only does Entergy charge twice as much for half the service, but I was watching the news and was highly offended when some corporate bureacrat said on tv that they were having delays restoring peoples power because they are trying to decide who's responsibilty it is to remove trees from the power line. Not only would Cleco just cut the tree out of the way and worry about that later, they even have commercials telling you not to monkey with power lines, call them and let them worry about it.

September 1, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

Ahhhhh some real people are back ! Nice to see you all on here and you all know who you are . hello to you!!! Yes the world is round in sort of an oval way but then again my little bit of faith tells me it is although ive never seen it from outside our atmosphere

September 1, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Kenny Rogers

Nice that you shared your meal with him, loser.

September 1, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. *Port Authority* by Old Driller gone fishin'

I disctinctly recall thinking...as I was reeling-in a shark bigger than the boat I was on...just how much more productive teeny little Port Aransas is than big old fat Chicowel Agofare. That goes for you too, Welago Chicofare.

September 1, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. *Port Authority* by Old Driller gone fishin'

...and that some States couldn't afford to purchase even one weeks worth of civil war weaponry shipped to Port Aden, let alone Chicagoland. (citation: camp Douglas, Chitown South uniformed black POWs shot at the gate, all)

September 1, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

Notice to Perado Colorvert:
    You are not nearly as clever as you imagine yourself to be.

September 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |