September 1st, 2012

Saturday's live events

The Republicans have had their say, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:50 am ET - Romney in Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Ohio, where he'll participate in a rally in Cincinnati.

2:20 pm ET - Obama visits Iowa - President Obama spends his day in Iowa, beginning with a campaign event in Urbandale.  He'll then travel to Sioux City for an appearance at Morningside College at 7:05 pm ET.

4:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan will get together in Jacksonville, Florida, for a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. *Port Authority* by Old Driller gone fishin'

Post something worth responding to. Banasy's "little productive Louisianna port' story yanked my chain a tad. he he
    What would you like to hear this evening. How AIDS was first found in 1956, or the latest on Cheyenne Mtn. still using enough electricity to light a city of 250,000?

September 1, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Read much?

The conversation was about Louisiana ports and how much as it contributes, in addition to the bigger ports in America. We ALL get that you friggin hate banasy, but jeez, you take complete sentences out of frigging context and make it obvious that you can't stand her. Louisiana's Port isn't even in the top ten busiest in the nation, for god's sake.

September 1, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Figures

Pssssssst. Your obsession is showing again.

September 1, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Obviously you are one of those people that think they know what they are talking about. True California and New york might move the most containers, but the port of New Orleans moves the most raw materials and food. And if you were thinking that was me you were responding to you were wrong about that to.

September 1, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I never said anything about Lousisana being a little port, and to attribute that to me is erroneous.

September 1, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steller's Sea Cow

Banasy's reply to hamsta on the previous page... " Louisiana contributes much, as do all of the bigger ports in America do."
      So one must assume from that statement that you mean Louisiana IS a smaller port.

September 1, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I was responding to whoever Read Much is, Probably atroll, and no Banasy I don't hate you.

September 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Is a smaller port than some?
      Certainly.
      What part of that didn't you understand?
      It *is* a smaller port than some, as Hamsta even mentioned; I said nothing about being less productive, though, did I?
      Nope.

September 1, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steller's Sea Cow

You did use the words "little port"

September 1, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And, taking it one step further...I said, "Louisiana contributes much, as do all of the BIGGER ports in America do".
      The implication, for those that are challenged by reading comprehension, that Louisiana's, is indeed, one of the bigger ones.
      Louisiana's is one of the most productive in the US, and why someone is trying to paint it in a different light than what I stated is just completely beyond me.

Hamsta, I know it isn't you that dislikes me very intensely here.
      I had never thought that, not once.

September 1, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sho thang cuz

Meet me in the alley behind where the fat lady was handing out beads back in '82. 🙂

September 1, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Figures

You'd have to pay for it. 🙂

September 1, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hamsta

Don't know, but I could use one of your jokes right now. I'm steamed at Entergy right now, I just saw one of their corporate bureacrats on tv talking about how they are having delays because they are deciding who's responsibilty it is to cut the trees off of power lines. Not only would Cleco just do it and worry about that later, but have you ever seen the commercials that tell you not to monkey with power lines. The commercial says call Cleco and let them worry about that. I could swear Entergy has the same commercial. I wonder if this moron knows they tell you not to monkey with power lines for a reason. maybe he should stick his finger in a light socket and figure it out because I cab't go to work until electricity is restored at my job.

September 1, 2012 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

From this thread to Gods ears! sheesh. Boggles my mind how one man can hate one woman (who hes never met) so intensely, but it is really getting mundane!

September 1, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SheriffBob9/11

They'll be no plain clothed citizens bossing anyone around here. Dress in some nice username duds...pick a name for something that you know more about than most others. Speak with some authority of some kind and in some way. ty
    "Get out of here." sceary. he he

September 1, 2012 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Hamsta:
    I don't know why that would be a problem; our local utility company cuts back trees all the time, so they are fully capable of doing it.
    Same thing when there are downed powerlines due to tree damage after our tornados...
    One would think that they would have figured all of that out during the last hurricane, no?
    In any case, I hope power is quickly restored; this seems to be such a *dumb* thing to delay restoration over.

I agree.
    We need a bobcat joke!

September 1, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Im with hamsta, i would much rather hear one of your jokes bobcat, plz, plz, plz! And @ kenny rogers, get em shredder lmao!

September 1, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

I'm trying my best to get one of my jokes on here, but their either being moderated or flat out refused. I've gone back and checked for words they deem inappropriate and have found nothing. They're also blocking a lot of my regular posts tonight. Think they're trying to tell me something ?

September 1, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kenney

@bobcat iah ,,,the hech with them just be patient they cant watch you forever if it does take a while then thats the more funnies you have right?

September 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@Rawr:
    Nah, just being reticent as usual...just stay on here and chat, would you?

September 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

And sherriff bob, you are out of your jurisdiction, however your village just called. They are missing you HE HE (fake laugh) anyway cartoonland needs you pronto!

September 1, 2012 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kenney

Bobcat bobcat bobcat bobcat go get em iah!

September 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

A young walked into her school library and asked the librarian for a particular book. Are you sure you want that book ? she asked. It's pretty scary. I'm not afraid of anything said the girl. I've seen my grandmother naked.

September 1, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

A young girl

September 1, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Kenney

@phillip have you an answer to the deepest drilling site in the nation the answer is,,,,,---- have you now figured it out the answer ?your lies are are the answer to who you really are ,good night!

September 1, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |