September 1st, 2012

Saturday's live events

The Republicans have had their say, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:50 am ET - Romney in Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Ohio, where he'll participate in a rally in Cincinnati.

2:20 pm ET - Obama visits Iowa - President Obama spends his day in Iowa, beginning with a campaign event in Urbandale.  He'll then travel to Sioux City for an appearance at Morningside College at 7:05 pm ET.

4:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan will get together in Jacksonville, Florida, for a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Old Driller

Little Port Aransas...TEXAS you old ninny. And I was pitting Chicago welfare vs. Port Aransas fishing industry. You only think it's about you. sheesh.

September 1, 2012 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I haven't any clue as to what you're talking about.
      Again.

September 1, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kenney

@bobcat thanks now i wont be able to sleep tonight , lmao

September 1, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Old Driller

And @Hamsta...building materials? How about all of CITGO gasoline and diesel fuel, along with about 10% of the oil imported by US. (venezuelan oil owned by venezuelan citizens, not government or oily men in politics like here)
    Maybe building materials after Venezuela is bombed and being nation built, but for now, it's oil.

September 1, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

You trolls really are stupid, oil is a raw material and yes the port of new orleans is one of the smaller ports but we still move more raw materials( steel, wood, concrete, pottery clay, ammonium nitrate, just about anything you can think of) and food(frozen meat, rice , corn, grains, seafood, vegetable oil, just about anything other than a tv dinner) than any other port in the United States. To sum it up if what you bought was made in America chances are the materials came through the port of New Orleans, if ot was made in china chances are it was in a container that was unloaded in California or New York.

September 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Steller's Sea Cow

"Louisiana contributes much, as do all the BIGGER ( meaning bigger than Louisiana) ports in America do."
    Anyhow brown cow... gn

September 1, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You may read it that way, I suppose; you would, of course, be wrong...but whatever.
      As I am the author of the post, I am the one most qualified to say that
      I believe the person I wrote it to interpreted it correctly, as it was intended.

September 1, 2012 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Saturday funnie: What should i do? yelled a panicked client 2 the receptionist @ our vets office. My dog just ate a bag of unpopped popcorn. Clearly not as alarmed as the worried pet owner, she responded *well lst thing is to keep him out of the sun!*

September 1, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@chrissy:
      Not a mess I would care to clean up after, if you get my meaning.

September 1, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Old Driller

I honestly believe that Canada is where New Orleans should move. Think about it. It would ease Arizona, California, AND Texas' illegal worker programs whereby citizens of other nations flock here by the 10s of thousands monthy...just to mow your yard or clean-up that filthy mess you make of Hotel rooms.
    The Mardi Gras stays, but is leased to Mexicans for 99 years. (then they have to give US back the 8% of the Colorado River traded to keep Hitlers flying saucers off of Mexican military bases)

September 1, 2012 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Sounds as though someone is trying to cause a problem hamsta, between you and banasy and it ISNT banasy! Its the same someone who cant stand when others get along. He should perhaps join WWF or something.

September 1, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@Hamsta:
    Have you ever read the author James Lee Burke?

September 1, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

No I haven't, but I have heard of him. Is there a book you wanted to suggest I read? I haven't read a book in some time.@Dazzle I know what you mean about seaming forever since the Aol chat rooms, that's why I haven't read a book in a long time. I do all my reading on the internet nowadays. By the way i'm sorry to hear about your son, I sincerely hope your fears about plaquemines don't ring true. My thougjts and prayers are with you.@ Chrissy I already figured that out, but thanks for the heads up.

September 2, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@Hamsta:
      Any one of his Dave Robicheaux novels are absolutely spectacular; they are set in New Iberia and NO, and gives me great insight as to what you are talking about in terms of the absolute corruption there...and what spirit the people have to survive these dealings.
      You won't be sorry if you read one.
      His prose is beautiful...he is a master artist with words.
      I'm reading his latest, "Creole Belle"; his characters resonate.

September 2, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Actually, Hamsta, every single one of his books are excellent; he has serveral different series, but Dave Robicheaux is in Louisiana, so that is why I recommend those...JLB really understands characterizations and nuances.
      You won't be sorry!

September 2, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kenney

@Phillip your such a deck!!

September 1, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lmao @ hamsta, it isnt a troll darlin, its philip with all his various u/n! One day you will be able to notice him EVERY time, since he talks the same in all of them. The king of haters. Ok gn to all my friends, which is all here except that pink elephant

September 2, 2012 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Sunday mornings all to myself.
    Wondering if JIF is snoring.
    Saywhat is usually MIA.
    If you would like to have your name deleted from this list...:)
    Old Driller? Why? Because I can and because I am. Hardly hiding behind a screenname. More like bragging or something. sheesh
    Did anyone notice my DO NOT FEED THE ANIMALS comment above? Well, there's a Zoo story on the boards this morning. Let's go see if I can trash it.
    "I like thoohthze"-Dandy Seroquel

September 2, 2012 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

Inderviderals, err...vicerals. 🙂
    @dazzle circle c...huh. You recall AOLs Hometown Community eh? You did "it" back in the mid-90s? Do the AOL s/n's Mr. Triglyceride, philipedouglas, or OriginalWife ring a bell? All three of us were very active for many years, clear-up till the end. (not long after congress declared war on the Iraqi peoples)
    And tell these folks how much better the scrolling format for newsblogs is vs. these little postey boxes, would ya?
    Your son. I missed that story. Pls. tell it again. ty

September 2, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Gm thuperman. 🙂 The price of gasoline? Roughly the same as the food we waste. 5% of our crude oil is used to make gasoline for our cars, 4% is used to produce food we waste.
    What was your guess? Three ninety-five per gallon? he he

September 2, 2012 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

No. Most "masons" are jugheads totally unaware of the Illuminati judges of Israel's Supreme Court and the BIS Headquarters of the world's federal reserves/central banks.
    Just a bunch of good ol' boys networking the hick way are your avg. freemasons. Like greedy jews without the kosher. 🙂

September 2, 2012 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

Yes. I will be posting "I told you so" when Geroge W. Bush and the Dick Cheney are dragged through our streets and hung in our public squares just as all peoples do to corporate fascists, eventually. (citation: Mussolini vs. his own peoples)

September 2, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |