September 1st, 2012

Saturday's live events

The Republicans have had their say, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

10:50 am ET - Romney in Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Ohio, where he'll participate in a rally in Cincinnati.

2:20 pm ET - Obama visits Iowa - President Obama spends his day in Iowa, beginning with a campaign event in Urbandale.  He'll then travel to Sioux City for an appearance at Morningside College at 7:05 pm ET.

4:30 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Romney and running mate Rep. Paul Ryan will get together in Jacksonville, Florida, for a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. chrissy

lmao so philip, you SAY you never hijack anyones personal u/n, but yet here it is! And @ hamsta, youre just figuring that out? Lol hes as nutty as they come!

September 2, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Good morning Chrissy, I have noticed that a while ago. I check out a lot of conspiracy stuff, some of it is believable some of it is way to far out there. For instance noone truly knows what's behind area51 but maybe aliens is just a cover story because everyone knows you don't need thousands of machine guns to guard a weather ballon.

September 2, 2012 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Hey philip, next time one of those flying saucers lands near you, ask em if you can hitch a ride. Then go straight to the mothership and let em know you are in dire need of some re-programming cuz you have some major malfunctions!

September 2, 2012 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Good morning to you also @ hamsta. Yea some of it is believable, but not the wierd twists he puts on things. Im rather certain they are NOT guarding NAZIs or a BAYER manufacturing facility!

September 2, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kenney

@hamsta ,,,,my uncle lives i slidell and sat this one out but he has damage to the first floor maybe i will have some work to do in louisiana again for him. Its a shame that you people have to suffer so much down there some day maybe you folks can relax a little bit

September 2, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Thanks for your consideration. It just seems like one thing after another, we can't seem to get a break. You can't fully recover from one situation before the next pops up. I'm just glad I have been more fortunate than some others. Maybe it's that thing about bad things coming in threes, I don't know. Then again maybe its just some bad voodoo my evil ex girlfriend put on us. I don't know the reason, but I won't ever give up.

September 2, 2012 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hamsta

Now my comments are awaiting moderation? Must have struck a nerve telling CNN to get their info right, huh? I haven't said anything offensive, but some other people have said some pretty offensive things about me, my state and the way of life here, including CNN. Once again Pearl River is nowhere near Nola, most people don't even know what a lock is, and I can show you how far Pearl River lock no.2 is from New Orleans on a map of the entire United States or even a globe. Are you really that offended that I pointed out that you can't get your info right? I have a good solution, hire better journalists.

September 2, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kenney

@kenny rogers if its not for you then dont worry ok this is between me and phillip and a few of the family and if they dont like it they would say something so dont bother

September 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kenney

If its not your war dont fight it kennyrogers phillip is for us to deal with and we are and will continue to do so

September 2, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kenney

Plus when he answers the question then i will stand down , if he does not then i will continue to pick him apart ! If he learns to play nice then i will stop , if he does not then i will continue , its a 2 way street i do not lay down

September 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hymn #365
    A southern Baptist minister was completing a temperance sermon.

With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."With even greater emphasis he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."

Sermon complete, he then sat down.

The song leader stood very cautiously and announced with a smile, "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, Shall We Gather at the River."

September 2, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Rawr:
      Guess they should have coordinated better with the pastor beforehand...lol!

And, good morning to all.

September 2, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LDS @ Kenney

4 times this has been posted: LDS leaders, like Mitt Romney, teach that the old jewish temple will be rebuilt in N. America. The "name and location" are those given by LDS leaders: N. America.
    As far as I know, they don't name a state or city. They'll probably have to feel around to find it like they did for Salt Lake City since their leaders are still only guessing.
    and is your google broken or what?

September 2, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. "Good Morning" @1:08PM

Good one. Like Good Morning Viet Nam with morning breath.
    Why is it that native Asians had to be buried right away, but US soldiers killed in Viet Nam didn't? (hint: has to do with diet)
    Camp Douglas, Chitown.

September 2, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yawn.
      Taking even a simple salutation...
      Yawn.
      Pfft.

September 2, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I was eight minutes off on the "good morning" scale.
      Someone's head exploded at the injustice of it all.

September 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

The answer is the state of missouri ,,,,,the location is adam om diomon,,,,,and yes the lds church had decided that location many , many years ago,,,,ive visited this site and it is considered to be the future garden of eden of the lds church,,,,,,,,through of course revelation so there you have it ! So where else would god and christ reside?

September 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kenney

@kenny rogers ,,,,im so sorry,,,,,,but take my advice on that commiting blog ,,,,,,,no hospital will take me in!!!!! And no bullet can cure it either

September 2, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Kenney:
      There is absolutely nothing wrong with you is any shape, way, or form.
      Nothing whatsoever.

September 2, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. one of GODs messengers

@ Philip, read Mathew 5:22, Mathew 7:12-7:l4 and Mathew 7:2l-23. Then act accordingly and people MAY begin to take you seriously!

September 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

We are family....Lol. And we love you just the way you are! And thank you for your diligent defense of us!

September 2, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |