Apple announces likely iPhone 5 event on Sept. 12
Apple sent this media invite to its September 12 event, widely expected to be the launch of the next iPhone. Note the "5" in the shadow.
September 4th, 2012

Apple announces likely iPhone 5 event on Sept. 12

Apple announced Tuesday that it has scheduled an event for Sept. 12, at which it is widely expected to introduce a new iPhone.

The highly anticipated event will likely feature the long-awaited unveiling of the iPhone 5. The invitation sent to the press features a prominent "5" as the shadow cast by the "12," signifying the event's date.

The new iPhone is expected to have an elongated screen, 4G network speeds, a faster processor and some other structural and internal changes. Still, it's worth noting that even the most widely circulated iPhone-related rumors often turn out to becompletely unfounded. Apple notoriously holds its secrets very close to its chest.

Last year at this time, rumors circulated that Apple was working on an "iPhone 5" with a larger screen, 4G capabilities and no home button. Instead, it delivered the iPhone 4S, an incrementally updated smartphone cut from the same mold as its predecessor, the iPhone 4. The biggest change was the addition of the voice-activated assistant Siri.

READ FULL CNNMONEY.COM STORY
  1. Tigerrrr

Oh! I can't wait! I'm Siri ous! No, actually I don't really care.

September 4, 2012 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Alexander54

This is awesome! I can't wait until the iPhone runs at 4G speed !

September 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lets be fair to the children

Ooh, now in purple. Quite frankly they're losing market share to Android. But hey, keep milking the cow if it's still producing milk.

September 4, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • DREAM15

The iPhone is mostly assembled here in the US, buying American is enough of a reason to purchase another iPhone!!!

September 5, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rotten Apple Zombie

Almost missed this article! I was busy texting, updating my status, playing a game, and ignoring the people and the natural world around me. I've also forgotten how to carry on a face to face conversation. Ahhh smartphones...if only Dr. Frankenstein were around to see the zombies.

September 5, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. mike swanson

This is all republicans fault. If they allow companies to keep sueing over patents. With obama we have a chance to come back and with this war with big business. We will prevail. We must unite and destroy big business. None of this will trickle down.

September 5, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Before you make a statement do some research!!! The judicial system is not run by republicans. Supreme Court justices aren't classified by political party, but by ideology (variations on conservatism, centrism, and liberalism). Could you please enlighten me to the name of the republican panel that decides who is allowed to sue who? Uneducated statement making idiots make my blood boil. Big businesses have the right to sue over a patent, just as small businesses do. If not, then what the hell is the use of a patent?

September 5, 2012 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |