September 4th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

The Republicans have had their day, and now it's time for the Democrats to hold their national convention.  Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - CNN Election Roundtable - Join Wolf Blitzer and the CNN political team as they discuss the DNC and issues affecting this year's presidential election.

12:20 pm ET - Ryan on the road - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan has a busy day today.  He attends a rally at a recreation center in Westlake, Ohio, then travels to Iowa for a 5:10 pm ET event at a community college in Cedar Rapids.

12:35 pm ET - Obama back to school - Two days before he addresses the DNC, President Obama will speak to supporters on the campus of Norfolk State University in Norfolk, Virginia.

5:00 pm ET - Democratic National Convention - The first full day of business at the DNC gets under way in Charlotte, North Carolina.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. chrissy

Lol know what happens when you over think something!

September 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

@chrissy:
      Ya think?

September 4, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That's what I thought too. But I was thinking that a response to banasys thought process was overdue, so I thought I would let her know what I think as well on the previous page. You think that was the right thing to do ? I thought so.

September 4, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I think that the thought process you used is a very thoughtful one to use; I further think you thought I didn't see what you thought on the previous page: think again.
      I did.
      It was very thoughtful of you to repost what you thought I didn't see; I think you're swell.

September 4, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That's exactly what I thought. But I think that those that think otherwise probably thought the thought process of pure thought would leave a thinker thinking about what they thought.

September 4, 2012 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I think this thread is hysterical.
      Your thoughts?

September 4, 2012 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Victoria

Hugs right back to all of you; @banasy, @chrissy, @bobcat, and @saywhat. You too @Hamsta.

September 4, 2012 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Victoria, what's this? No hugs for mom. That's okay, I got the real thing this morning when we met you at the airport. I am thankful that you are home. We are all so proud of you even though we didn't see your beautiful face and professional demeanor on camera. I love you!!

September 4, 2012 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Victoria

@bobcat, you are live and almost in person. How have you been?

September 4, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Victoria

I am doing well. I understand you got to rub elbows the big wigs down there in Tampa. Oooooh, touch you girl. I glad to hear you are doing well with your chosen field. I really look forward to see you going national. It's going sooner than you think.

September 4, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Let me finish that sentence. It's going to happen sooner than think.

September 4, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Michael Dubin

Wold it have killed someone to post a list of speakers and the time they are supposed to speak?

September 4, 2012 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Victoria

@bobcat;, I really appreciate your support. Most of the big names were in hiding. I did get to meet Ron Paul at a rally on Sunday night which energized me with his message. Tonight I have a class if I can get myself moving and back to my own place. I'm glad all is well in your world.

September 4, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

@ Hamsta, i did not pull the race card, i was questioning YOUR text where YOU said that. I was shocked that you would say that.

September 4, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Isaac hit only a week ago...want to give it a chance?
      And when Obama was there, you STILL accuse him of being absent?
      With all due respect, you can't have it both ways...dis the administration for not doing anything and the refusing help when offered?
      Huh?

September 4, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ok, Hamsta, whatever you say.
      Sure thing.
      Have a great evening.

September 4, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

@ bobcat (in a hat)©, Being berated for explaining what the anti-christ is about... wow! Did those people speak out about the subject or just your person only?

September 4, 2012 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

lol @ bobcat, say that l0 times fast!

September 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Oh, I'm sorry.
    Romney's not campaigning at all, you're right.
    Good night.