September 7th, 2012

Friday's live events

The conventions have come to a close, and the candidates are back on the campaign trail.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the presidential election.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - The best of the conventions - Check out the best speeches from the Republican and Democratic National Conventions.  The special will also air 12:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm ET and 6:00 pm ET.

12:20 pm ET - Obamas, Bidens rally - After wrapping up the DNC, President Obama, Vice President Biden and their wives will travel to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, for a rally at a museum.  The four will hold a similar event in Iowa City, Iowa, at 6:20 pm ET.

1:00 pm ET - Romney back to school - Not to be outdone, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney travels to Orange City, Iowa, for a campaign event at a local school.  He'll then travel to Nashua, New Hampshire, for a 7:10 pm ET rally.

2:45 pm ET - Ryan in Nevada - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan spends part of his day in Sparks, Nevada, where he'll speak at a campaign event.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. saywhat

Its the Netanyahu regime which is getting isolated by the day. People in his own admn, ex-premier, spy chiefs now openly warn him on his stance on Iran.

September 7, 2012 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

Western countries including our allies and Russia openly oppose any strike on Iran. netanyahu is considered " master of deception" and a 'liar" by the int.community.
    as for the House of Saud, they traditionally toe our line and are told to say and do as per our diktats.

September 7, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

In a very recent meeting with US envoy Netanyahu is reported to have thrown a tantrum when asked to lay off of war mongering. Unfortunately for Americans , the only place he finds refuge is in the lap of dual loyalty members of our Congress.

September 7, 2012 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

good day all.See you perhaps somewhat later in the day.

September 7, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Good Evening to my fellow bloggers, @saywhat I will take a look and thanks for posting. @bobcat(in a hat) you gave me an evening laugh. I was a proud Arizonan when I saw Gabby Giffords lead the pledge of allegiance. Remarkable woman who is making an extraordinary recovery.

September 7, 2012 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

good evening @chrissie and hi again folks.
    My regrets if my response to@Bombo may sound a tad snappy.
    Thing is that I work with great peace loving Jewish orgs like JStreet and JVP and try keeping abreast of what is happening in the occupied territories thru news orgs other than our own MS media.

September 7, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

Think nothing of it. Debate is a contact sport.

September 7, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Americans here don't know even a portion of the high handedness of Israeli regime lobbies and the tactics they use to stifle Jewish voices critical of their policies.
    Be it Jews wanting to join Gaza Peace Flotilla from Europe or wanting to come to Israel to join protests, the diplomatic missions would resort to all means to stop them.
    to the extent that there have been efforts to get American Jewish orgs like those I mention outlawed.
    So at times I get carried away against propaganda that has consumed our thought process.

September 7, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

A very good evening to you too@dazzle. I happen to be an admirer of Chomsky and listen to what he has to say.

September 7, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@saywhat, your posts are always intellectually stimulating, so please keep it up. Many of us in the states are unaware of these facts and this person appreciates knowing about such things. Several years ago, I had a hotel guest who said she was Noam's daughter, I had no reason to doubt she was who she said. Unlike many hotel guests she was gracious and kind to my staff.

September 7, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  9. BOMBO ©

I've had my say, I'm not going to pick through point by point what you've said, saywhat. My main point is that Iran refuses to play by the same rules regarding diplomacy that the rest of the world has played by for centuries. The Revolutionaries have invaded three embassies so far, something that no other country has ever done, most famously the hostage crisis at the US embassy, but shorter lived incursions at the Soviet embassy in 1979 and a few months ago at the British embassy. Now we have learned that goons have been threatening Iranian Canadians and their Iranian families under cover of diplomatic immunity. That was my single point and I stand by it.

September 7, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

Good evening and thanks @Bombo
    Your point is taken.

September 7, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. saywhat

Your point is taken and thanks@Bombo
    Allow me to mention that Israeli shenanigans abroad including murdering scientists, training and financing dissident groups etc are well known too.
    good night all.

September 7, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

good morning every one.
    John Mundy ex-canadian Ambassador to Iran and a seasoned diplomat has questioned and criticised canadian action. terming it a "grave mistake", a'misstep which seriously undermines Canada's role as an international player", "and least needed. And rightly so.

However PM Harper's affection for netanyahu is well known. And some analysts see this move as a precaution for a military strike against Iran.

September 8, 2012 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

Harper's personal tilt towards netanyahu has come under severe criticism from circles in Canada, which has unbalanced canad's policy in the M.East. Starkly in contrast with other Western leaders who do not court the regime. Their alliance on sanctions is solely driven by US clout.

September 8, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |