September 10th, 2012

Detainee dies at Guantanamo Bay

A detainee at the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, died over the weekend, U.S. Southern Command announced Monday.

The detainee was found unresponsive Saturday afternoon during a routine check, Southern Command said in a news release.

Medical personnel were summoned and provided emergency treatment before taking the detainee to Naval Hospital Guantanamo.

"After extensive lifesaving measures had been performed, the detainee was pronounced dead by a physician," the Southern Command statement said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Cuba • Guantanamo • U.S.
  1. IT Tech Guru

Who ever you are Jeff, has this list been sanctioned by CNN. Do all of these individuals have a CNN profile, with a real IP registered that can be tracked to an address provided, have you or CNN personnel vetted them to make sure they are who they really say they are. If none of these very basic measures are in place, then your list is bogus and riddled with what you call trolls. Any one of them can say they are whatever they say they are and you have no proof. You are leaving the door open for liability regardless of what the TOS says.

September 10, 2012 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. @little mister

Then list who recommended you. I am not fighting with you, I am challenging you.

September 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. IT Tech Guru

This is my screen name little mister and I am not on your bogus list. Once again, who recommended you?

September 10, 2012 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. IT Tech Guru

I have concrete proof of your activity little mister. Unlike you with your internet download equipment, my system is much more complex. Then again, you think you have knowledge that you don't.

September 10, 2012 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@little mister:
    How is it that *you* know so much about these things?

September 10, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BOMBO ©

One big fat yawn. I was hoping for interesting or amusing discussion. Instead, there is another soap opera.

September 10, 2012 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jake

Stay on point, except you go away, troublemaker Little Mister who is involved in devious computer practices. There is a dead Al Qaeda at Guantanamo, decomposing at this very moment! My inquiry is, where is he buried? I want to poop upon him, so over time my foul molecules defile his martyr corpse and he enjoys the hereafter a little less.

September 10, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. talkic.com

can we consider this a good start?

September 10, 2012 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Badlands

Be gone, little mister. Voted off the island! Banished! Shunned! You are a spy, hacker, hijacker, and all around bad apple. I should have known when you agreed with banasy and saywhat so much that you were one of them. Your opinion is tainted permanently and your credibility impugned, so take your brand of rottenness to some other place.

September 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kenny Rogers

I agree that little mister should be banished and taken off the list. I happen to like banasy and saywhat.

September 10, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Hiiiiii, lie mister.
    Of course it's not a crime to be a simpleton and enjoy the blogs.
    Me?
    Not enjoying them so much anymore, and I am far from being a simpleton.

September 10, 2012 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |