September 11th, 2012

Construction to resume on national 9/11 museum, Bloomberg and Cuomo say

The budgetary dispute that has delayed the opening of the National September 11 Memorial Museum has been resolved, according to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg and New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

The museum was scheduled to open on the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terror attacks, but disagreements over funding, financing and oversight of the museum between the 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey have halted construction. The foundation controls the memorial and museum; the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey owns the World Trade Center site.

Late Monday, all parties entered into a "memorandum of understanding," an agreement that allows them to restart construction on the stalled museum project.

"My goal during this period has been to get construction on the museum restarted," said Bloomberg, who is chairman of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum Foundation. "This agreement ensures that it will be restarted very soon and will not stop until the museum is completed."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Politics • U.S.
  1. banasy©

Seriously, CNN?
    You won't let me post?

September 11, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Do not underestimate my knowledge because I don't have access to a computer at home; that is irrevevant.
    I have access to the finest research librarians in my state, and also have access to knowledge that isn't generally available.
    Make a theory about that, but please do not ever dismiss my intelligence at some things that the general public is unaware of.
    I have had enough of that to last a lifetime on these blogs; therefore, I keep silent.

September 11, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Now I am done.

September 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

@banasy

you are one of the finest bloggers and one with highest of regards. An asset for those who care and have the utmost regards for human life and humanity as a whole. One who always speaks not only from heart but knowledge.
    my intent never was and never will be to under estimate your knowledge.
    it is just that you had once asked about a site I had quoted, to access from your phone and I being one with no claim to even basics of technology couldn't come up with an answer.
    My sincere apologies if I offended you in any manner.
    You will always be loved.

September 11, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Dearest saywhat, you did nothing to offend me, and I highly doubt you ever would.
      Peace.

September 11, 2012 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dazzle ©

Good Afternoon Bloggers. On this anniversary of the atrocity on American soil, I had the honor of meeting with my
    Tuesday group of veterans and they brought an additional person with them who was a first responder on the scene at The Towers. I was prepared to start the group with a solemn reflection but they turned it around on me. I was asked if I thought if the number of 12 of them was unusual. My response, "you are an even dozen." Wrong answer dazzle! The guys wanted to reflect on how we as a nation felt on 9/12/01 where it appeared that we were all a "band of brothers and true patriots.." Then the discussion continued on whether or not we felt we kept that feeling or not. IMHO, I think we as a nation are more divided than ever but when I looked into the faces of those who fought for this country whether on foreign soil or in the streets of NYC and saw joy and love in spite of the psychic pain they have, I realized I need to change my tune.

September 11, 2012 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

You are correct dazzle. It is a very sobering experience when you meet people who have been humbled by experiences like this, you see a completely different soul, for they have a new view of life and death. You are never the same, in the sense the world is a different place now. You've seen the good. You've seen the bad. And at times that line becomes blurred. I have a very deep respect for these soldiers and first responders. We have all seen the same thing in one way or another.
    I salute each and every one of you as a brother veteran / responder.

September 11, 2012 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dazzle ©

@bobcat (in a hat)©, hello to you my friend and AMEN. This is what makes my work so rewarding for me and I learn so much. Even though my troll makes fun of my degree, it has no idea what or why I do what I do. It's for purely selfish reasons. You have my highest respect.

September 11, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle ©

It's always rewarding when one is able to render a service that helps another individual through a crisis of mind or soul. Your troll, I would surmise what it means to help a fellow human. I admire you for what you do to reach out to others. Don't ever let anyone deter you.

September 11, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dazzle ©

Oh no, I said the magic word and look whose appeared. There is plenty of all of the above in NYC.

September 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kenney

@@@saywhat,,,,put a lid on it buddy you are one of those that will never and i mean never let this go you remind me of our little friend PHILLIP that never let the dead rest your ideas of this 9/11 day is more than likely false imformation,,,,the US gov only lets us know what WE want to hear,,,,,,not what we need to know ,,,,and thats what you are doing feeding on a lot if lies !!!! Which there is an inkeling of truth that has been given to us americans so please let the family members of the lost mourn there lost loved ones good bye idiot

September 12, 2012 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kenney

@@@dazzle,,,,what you do is not for selfish reasons,,,,for you it is clearly a passion what ever it is,,,im the same way i do a lot of things and they are all passions if you were not passionate about them then you would not do those things

September 12, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

@@@dazzle,,,@ 4:42 ,,,,,that was really an eye ipener for me what you said ,,,,,ive made it a habit to always thank a veteran and on duty soldiers for what they have done or are doing,,,,as a father i have an 18 yr old daughter that is preparing to inlist in the army,,,, she witnessed 9/11 on the tv that morning and made her mind up that instant that she will inlist and 11 yrs later she will do it these people have served in a priceless arena for all of us!!! And thank you very much for sharing that

September 12, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse |
  13. sholom eichler

should be very nice ( in a weird and sad way )

September 12, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

my response to@Kenney did not go thru.
    Will try again.
    In short. I did not put forth any of my ideas. I reported what is already on record. The 9/11 Commission. Statements of those US officials I named. Foreign officials, all for any one to check and verify.
    But you wouldn't want to know, of course.

September 12, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

@Kenney
    calling me idiot wouldn't make the facts go away, man. get a grip on yourself.
    The victims of 9/11 their families and tens of thousands that died in the aftermath. Very reason it should be told. The world knows it, is we who are in denial.

September 12, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |