September 25th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate October 3 from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - UN General Assembly debate begins - It's that time of the year where world leaders, diplomats and dignitaries gather to let a global audience know what they think about pretty much anything and everything.  It's the annual debate of the United Nations General Assembly, and President Obama will address the world body for a fourth time during the 10am ET hour.  Later speakers include the presidents of France and Afghanistan, as well as the Spanish prime minister.

9:00 am ET - Candidates address Clinton Global Initiative - President Obama and GOP rival Mitt Romney will both speak on the final day of the Clinton Global Initiative in New York.  Romney addresses attendees at 9:00 am ET, while Obama does the same during the noon hour.

10:45 am ET - Biden in Virginia - The vice presidential candidates won't be in New York today, but both will be on the campaign trail.  Vice President Biden spends his morning in Chesterfield, Virginia, for a campaign event.

11:30 am ET - Ryan town hall - As for GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan, he starts his day in Cincinnati, Ohio, for a town hall-style meeting.  He'll later join Mitt Romney and Sen. Rand Paul for a 3:30 pm ET rally in Vandalia, Ohio.

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King is back for his weekly chat on all things politics!  Send him your questions via Twitter @JohnKingCNN and he may answer them today!

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • United Nations • World
  1. banasy©

Since adding all the "share" icons to your mobile site, it takes twice as long for my phone to load...and this is the MOBILE version!
    It displays horribly now.
    Thanks a lot.

September 25, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  2. BOMBO ©

How many of those icons did you use to share your frustration, B?

I only use my phone to access this site via WIFI at home. I don't have a data plan. But I always use the classic view, not the mobile.

Also, I have an office mate who is blasting out the "80's wuss rock classics CD" right next to me. So that's my frustration. I didn't care about the neun-und-neunzig luftballons when I was in High School, why would I care now.

September 25, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Are you not getting what I am saying, BOMBO?
      Since they added those icons *yesterday*, you know, share on facebook, google, tweet, inshare, et all, it takes twice as long to load on mobile version, and up to five minutes to load a single page on regular version.
      (My phone doesn't do the regular version well.)
      I didn't use any of those stupid icons to vent my frustration, but guess what? I'm pist anyway.
      If it takes me that long to READ a bloody story, I'll go elswhere and find a more mobile-friendly site to blog on.
      Not that it makes any difference whether I'm here or not, it is an "improvement" that isn't an improvement at all.

September 25, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And if I had an idiot blasting that stupid song about 99 red balloons next to me *anywhere*, I would heave a brick at whatever device is playing it.
      I hate that song!!

September 25, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. BOMBO ©

Well, hang in there, we'd miss you if you were gone. And if enough people complain, they may revert.

September 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

It's incredibly frustrating, and the page also moves when I scroll to read the story.
      I hope they do *something*.

September 25, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

I have only one question to ask. Is it a real-life or an electronic cycle. If the latter, I'll be laying lower around here for a few days.

September 25, 2012 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

It's the same cycle men get on when they complain.

September 25, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

Here's a neato story in today's paper...looks as if Colorado's State Fish isn't extinct after all. (I have long commented here on disease more than decimating Colorado's wild game pop incl. our native cutthroat trout)
    Our only native trout was put on the nedangered speicies list back in about 1972. (i caught and et a few hundy myself) All of our trout are all mixed up hybrids now.
    750 Colorado native greenback cutthroat trout have been counted in Bear Creek...about a mile and a half from downtown Colorado Springs! LMAO
    I've told the story of our done and gone cutthroat while strolling along the path next to that creek! And there they were the entire time. (it's always been posted "no fishing" from since I was a kid)

September 25, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Not *pig*. Trout. 🙂

September 25, 2012 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

Here's a funny story in todays paper as well. You are all familiar with TVs Bill Nye, "The Science Guy" talking head, no doubt.
    "The earth is not 6,000 or 10,000 years old." he says in response to the bible's silence concerning earths age. The bible describes God spending a few of HIS size days preparing the earth for man to inhabit AFTER the earth had been made.
    He always did strike me as *goofy*. I don't know who or what Nye Guy is trying to refute, but I know one thing, it isn't the bible.

September 25, 2012 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

Here's how old the bible say's the earth is: "In the beginning, God created the...earth." Figure-out when "the beginning" was, and you'll know how old the heavens and the earth are, approx."
    I say God created the earth and it is about 4.5 billion years old.

September 25, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bokonan

God made mud. God got lonesome. So God said to some of the mud, "Sit up! See all I've made", said God, "the hills, the sea, the sky, the stars."

September 25, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

See? For every person that brings God up there are ten that will make fun of him. And these same 10 are outraged over a video poking fun at Islam!
    10 are ass backwards US citizens, in other words. (maybe green cards)

September 25, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

Now yer comparing superbikes with Vespas. he he. (a play on the 'which is worse-boy raype or the rarely reported girl raype'. The BSA busted for having 400 files on know boy raypers. The Girl Scouts have nor need such files...lesser problem. Hundreds of Nuns NOT reported rayping girls. When was the last time a priest rayped something besides a boys ass? (not counting closet bestiality among holy men)

September 25, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Whatever.
      Stupidest comment EVER, and I highly doubt that the millions of girls/women would agree with those ridiculous notion that a male being ra ped is ever so much worse than a female being ra ped.
      Because it happens more often to women, that's somehow okay?
      Absurd, but typical.
      If there's one good thing that will come out of this, it's that I won't have to read such bs that a male's orifices are so much more sacred than a female's.
      Just. Freaking. Absurd.

September 25, 2012 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

...but that Bill Nye sience guy thinking he was proving the bibles record wrong by saying the earth isn't 6 or 10 thousand years old. Isn't THAT something? That he is THAT ignorant of the bible, yet still attacks it? (albiet from as silly an angle as i've seen yet)

September 25, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dr. phil

Have you tried adjusting your meds? Many have had to do just that.
    In fact, since Oprah Winfrey recruited millions of women to Prozac in 1993 (s show featuring a doctor who had "cured" 800 "problem children" with SSRI antidepressants) the use of antipsychotic drugs on children has risen 800%, says Dr. Anne Blake Tracy Phd. Author of "Prozac: Panacea or Pandora. Americas seorotonin nightmare."
    Perhaps add Abilfy?

September 25, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dr. phil

After that particular Oprah Winfrey Show, millions of women ran to their doctors wanting some of what Oprah's friend was peddling...prozac for their kids.
    Free-up some Jenny Craig time. Drug your kids.
    Many foster children are forced to take very powerful mind altering drugs. 75% of those who take SSRIs suffer from loss of brain. Within four days of taking these drugs, brain cells begin to shrink and look like corkscrews.
    CURRENTLY, THERE IS A BILL ON THE FLOOR OF Iowah's state senate whereby youngsters on SSRIs will no longer be tried as adults for the crimes committed during daytime nightmares brought-on by presciption drugs. After it passes in Iowa, next stop: US Senate floor.
    Already pharmaceutical giants are paying BILLIONS in government fines and disgruntled customers lawsuits.
    It's not about guns. It's about prescription drugs with a gun handy.

September 25, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dr. phil

In short, the demand for SSRI anti-depressants created a market for today's anti-pshycotic drugs. (since 1993s Oprah Show, kids who used to only "need" anti-depressants have been experiencing so many pshychotic episodes, anti-psychotic drug prescritions written for children have skyrocketed 800%. (200% among adults, children having the weaker minds easily altered)

September 25, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |