September 25th, 2012

Tuesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate October 3 from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - UN General Assembly debate begins - It's that time of the year where world leaders, diplomats and dignitaries gather to let a global audience know what they think about pretty much anything and everything.  It's the annual debate of the United Nations General Assembly, and President Obama will address the world body for a fourth time during the 10am ET hour.  Later speakers include the presidents of France and Afghanistan, as well as the Spanish prime minister.

9:00 am ET - Candidates address Clinton Global Initiative - President Obama and GOP rival Mitt Romney will both speak on the final day of the Clinton Global Initiative in New York.  Romney addresses attendees at 9:00 am ET, while Obama does the same during the noon hour.

10:45 am ET - Biden in Virginia - The vice presidential candidates won't be in New York today, but both will be on the campaign trail.  Vice President Biden spends his morning in Chesterfield, Virginia, for a campaign event.

11:30 am ET - Ryan town hall - As for GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan, he starts his day in Cincinnati, Ohio, for a town hall-style meeting.  He'll later join Mitt Romney and Sen. Rand Paul for a 3:30 pm ET rally in Vandalia, Ohio.

12:00 pm ET - John King live chat - CNN's John King is back for his weekly chat on all things politics!  Send him your questions via Twitter @JohnKingCNN and he may answer them today!

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • United Nations • World
  1. Replacement Ref

Philip makes perfect sense to me.

September 25, 2012 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ILOVEjoiningthingsYOUSHOULDALSO !!!

I have forwarded your contact information the Captain Jesse Leavenworth chapter officers who will be contacting you shortly. They will help you with your questions and the process of joining the DAR!

September 25, 2012 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ILOVEjoiningthingsYOUSHOULDALSO !!!

Hello Rober,

That is an interesting name, I have never seen it before and I sure hope it is correct!

That said, thank you for your interest in joining the largest women’s organization in the world.

September 25, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. TheLARGESTLIEINTHEWORLDTODAY

DAR inquiry > it is truly American to join those who claim to be cute Americans and to represent it for more special interest dollars

September 25, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

Most-all girl raypes go unreported to police. Even after girls who were rayped when too young to have the power to alert police, even when they reach that age they keep it a secret.
    Men, on the otherhand, crow like roosters about it. Many only coming to grips with it after many hours of arduous therapy...painful memories to be sure. But HUNDREDS of fond childhood memories dredged-up too. I regret my abusive upbringing not one bit. The abuse I suffered is my own and can only be shared with true victims. Volunteers and enablers have always rubbed me the wrong way and always will.

September 25, 2012 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BOMBO ©

To quote Sam Roberts, where have all the good people gone? I suppose I could chat with Philip for a while, but I just had some dental work done and I'm not up for a similar experience.

September 25, 2012 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Seems someone has forgotten about a little bit of history about me, so I'll just leave it at that...
    That being said, as one who loves to tell people about google, google THESE keywords: priest abusing girls.
    Then one cannot say "when was the last time someone heard about a priest ra ping a girl?" as is it never happens.
    The word VICTIM is gender neutral.
    I do not know of ONE person, ever, who has volunteered to be ra ped, but if that is how one wants to look at it to help themselves heal, that's all right by me, however wrong it is in that rationalization.
    As for those who enable another to be victimized: take that up with whoever enabled that to happen; and NOT the victims.
    That's almost as disgusting as the act of ra pe itself.

September 25, 2012 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kenney

All victims should be left out of here its said,,, people do not to be reminded of the abuse that they have endured at the hands of another

September 25, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kenney

@@@ the baboon,,, leave the subject alone mouth!!! You dont have to continuosly bring up the subject of such a violent act . You are affixed on negativity ,,, and seem to have forgotten that there is a britter side to each day ! Get over it baboon,,, people cant see you here only they read your mind,,,

September 25, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Helloooo @ kenney, & youre so right, only a self centered person feels the need 2 remind someone continuously about a personal tragic experience that way! I know its something i dont care 2 be reminded of daily when ive spent most of my life tryin 2 4get!

September 25, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

And again lmao @ BOMBO, comparing that to dental work sounds pretty appropriate. And yes @ Philip, its a pretty sure bet that we could all testify that you have repeatedly crowed about it like a rooster! I would think you would have a sore throat by now!

September 26, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ne real @banasy

While a 12 yr. old girl might not have the moxy to report her uncle or her holy man for raypeing her, by the age of 24 she might. But even then it goes without the police ever knowing. (do not look for loopholes in the law to get around this, you will only look desperate)
    The fact is, most females hide their raypes and most men tell of them, even if just eventually. I reported mine to the police when I was 15. (my parents were dead-set on having doctors drug me)
    I'm not putting females down as you hope. I'm pointing out that nothing good ever came of boy raype. Girl raype can produce a president.

September 26, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Desperate?

When you extrapoliate on something as grim as ra pe and you minimalize one half of the segment of people who are ra ped (that's the female half, in case you were not aware that's what you're doing) you are dehumanizing them. To say "hey, they can have a kid" as a reason that it's not as bad is really, really flawed reasoning, and if you do not get that you logic is flawed, you are not getting the help to see that every person who is ra ped is deserving of dignity, grace, and understanding. I feel sorry for you as a human. Ra pe isn't a competi tive sport. The victims will never win, and stop with the "boys have it so much worse" garbage. This has got to be the worst series of posts I have ever seen from you, and I have seen plenty. Just stop it. You appear devoid of any sort of sympathy except for yourself.

September 26, 2012 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

You have the MOST ridiculous rational that is humanly possible! I wonder how you would feel if it were ever your daughter that this happened too? Youre probably one of those stupid oafs that would say it was her fault arent ya? Stunted mentality!

September 26, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kenney

@@@chrissy,,,good job @ 12:14 am

September 26, 2012 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@ kenney, he DOES have a daughter ya know. I was being serious about that.And unfortunately many ppl, men in particular say when it happens to a girl its her fault. I know this to be true, and its just stunted mentality!

September 26, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |