September 26th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate October 3 from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

8:30 am ET - Romney in Ohio - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is getting a celebrity boost while campaigning in Ohio.  First, he'll be joined by golf legend Jack Nicklaus in Westerville.  Later, TV host Mike Rowe will assist Romney at a manufacturing roundtable in Bedford Heights.

11:15 am ET (estimated) - Ahmadinejad speaks at UN - Controversial Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad addresses diplomats at the United Nations General Assembly in New York.  Other world leaders scheduled to speak at the UN today include Egyptian President Mohammed Morsy, British Prime Minister David Cameron and Haitian President Michel Martelly.

1:05 pm ET - Obama's college tour - President Obama is also campaigning in Ohio today, but his tour has a college focus in mind.  First, he speaks to supporters at Bowling Green State University.  He'll follow that with a 5:30 pm ET appearance at Kent State University.

2:00 pm ET - Ryan town hall - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan is spending the day in Colorado, beginning with a town hall-style meeting in Fort Collins.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • United Nations
  1. Obama Mama

Also I misspelled Sybel Edwards name at the beginning, please excuse.

September 26, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Hello @ obama mama, good to see you back. Weve missed you!

September 26, 2012 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name s kel

Hello Chrissy,Banasy, Obama Mama

September 26, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

S Kel, hello, my friend!

September 26, 2012 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Obama Mama

I do have withdrawl's. lol Been so busy with life lately. I miss all of you also. What is the deal with CNN and the blog. I blog something and it does not print? And you know how long winded I can be. lol

September 26, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Lmao @ mama, THAT seems to be the million dollar question lately! And i know what you mean about blog withdrawals, sad aint it? Lol

September 26, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO ©

S KEL !!! How the heck have you been?

September 26, 2012 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BOMBO ©

Dig a little deeper raven, this man has repeatedly refused to conduct scientifically designed clinical trials for years and has refused to submit all relevant data for any of the badly designed trials that have been conducted. He charges enormous sums of money from desperate people and his success rate is debatable at best. Add to that the fact that thugs in his employ routinely threaten impartial bloggers and investgators who question his clinic's claims. If I had used my real name here, I might recieve a threat.

September 26, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

After doing a bit of research, I must say that I would never knowingly see this doctor if I, or anyone I loved, had cancer.
      There is a reason he cannot get patients for his Phase III clinical trials, or why he doesn't want to release the results of some of his other trials.
      Sorry, raven love, but that must have been one heck of a docu mentary with one heck of a spin on it...
      I'll look a little further, but from what I can tell, although he may *believe* in something, the evidence thus far shows his methodology isn't working.

September 26, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dazzle ©

Cnn, what's your deal now with comments that don't post that are on topic, no inappropriate language, that disappear. I also think the social networking icons are a waste of time and slow down the connectivity in mobile view.

September 27, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. raven

Well, I recorded it so I will watch it again. But, the way I interpreted it, before the Fda stole his patents out from under him, slandered him and tried to discredit him,he couldn't GET anyone to run his trials. And the fda has way more resources to fight than he did. And if I was terminal,I would rather visit a doctor who could possibly cure my cancer without using a carcinogen, than a hospital prolonging my lifespan by a few painful months with chemo and radiation. I've had chemo and it was horrible.

September 27, 2012 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  9. kelly jones

Guess they havent learned, you dont fix what aint broke, still?
    Washer and Dryer repair