September 27th, 2012

Thursday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate October 3 from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - UN General Assembly debate resumes - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas are among the speakers scheduled to address today's session of the UN General Assembly.

11:50 am ET - Romney talks to vets - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Springfield, Virginia, where he'll address military veterans at an American Legion post.

11:50 am ET - Obama campaigns in Virginia - President Obama will also be on the campaign trail in Virginia.  He'll speak to supporters at a concert venue in Virginia Beach.

2:00 pm ET - Mars Curiosity briefing - NASA will update the public on the latest scientific findings from the Curiosity rover's mission to Mars' Gale Crater.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • United Nations • World
  1. BOMBO ©

I wonder if I'll have time to sit around and read and comment on this blog on my next job. Time will tell.

September 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

Sit around? I'm currently helping my third customer of the day. My 2nd customer was a young man from Liberia! Very interesting fellow too.
    The ones who "sit around and blog" are the unemployed who should be doing something else, and those who would rather not work but still eat.

September 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gilligan Zylund

Are you and Mary the same person, or do you just have her brainwashed?

September 27, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Philip. you are fortunate that you are having a prosperous day. Kindly do not cast aspersions on others who blog. I have returned from vacation and have 4 more days off. Nor do I sit around and eat. As for the upcoming debate, SIGH.

September 27, 2012 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

Whoah there, curb the paranoia. I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone but myself. It is slow here at work (the company is dying a slow death, which I predicted) and they gave me advanced notice that I'm being phased out in a few months. I was just hoping that my next job will be busier.

September 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Malarky

They sound like the same person to me!

September 27, 2012 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Old Driller w/no TV

Rather than address what, she addresses who. This is a common form of advanced backpeddaling used by Desperate Housewives of Atlanta on TV. (was told and have observed)

September 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paranoia

syndrome strikes again along with mouse in pocket syndrome.

September 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

When Governments such as the US, Israel, and Turkish officials are allowed to supply the nuclear black market and no one is willing to listen, it is a sad day for the passive public. Really! What makes anyone think that those officials do not represent gangsters on a global scale.

September 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

@dazzle, I was taking issue with BOMBO imputing false motive...as if productive citizens aren't daily bloggers.
    (though i did use the opportunity to mention other groups known for being bored at home)
    God bless Sibel D. Edmonds, and RIP all those imprisoned or slain who have defied governemnt gag orders over the centuries.

September 27, 2012 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • TDM

He explained he wasn't talking about you. Where's the apology or are you not man enough to admit when you're wrong??

September 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Paranoid? Sure. Those who are afraid of knowing who financed 9/11. Acourse even *that* would really be paranoia for these partisan microbloggers. More like an embarrassment for them. Wait. No. Being DEAD wrong about joyfully jumping on Bush's 9/11 Iraqi WMD war wagon DIDN'T EVEN EMBARRASS YA'LL.
    yep. paranoia it must be.

September 27, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

* Can atheists get insurance for acts of God?

* If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it FedUP?

* Does fuzzy logic tickle?

* If they arrested the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery?

* I believe five out of four people have trouble with fractions.

* Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

* Doing a job RIGHT the first time gets the job done. Doing the job WRONG fourteen times gives you job security

* Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

* A person who smiles in the face of adversity... probably has a scapegoat.

* If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos... then you probably haven't completely understood the situation.

September 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey! Rawr!
      How the heck are you today?

Fuzzy logic tickles.

September 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ Philip, you blog just as much, if not MORE, than the rest of us, what did you call us? unproductive citizens, so can the crap! Just cuz you change your name with every post dont mean diddley!

September 27, 2012 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Please remove the share icons, or at lease remove half of them...no need to have them at the top AND bottom of the page...it makes the mobile version display in an unstable manner and makes the pages load MUCH more slowly.
    Thank you.

September 27, 2012 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Phew.
    I don't think there are enough words to express how glad I am that I dodged *that* bullet.

September 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BOMBO ©

If I had known that sharing something about my professional life would set Philip off like that – I probably would have done it much sooner.

September 27, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@Bombo, thanks for that laugh.

September 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah, BOMBO, you're funny!

September 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

Ummm. That's not me after being "set off". Let me tell you the story of this 30 something feller from Phx. did to set me off. (He stalked my little girl online and i caught him. Caught him online and caught him at home alone.) he he
    But now I'm the gentle blogger from Colorady. The skinniest state in these here United States of America. (depressed native Coloradans don't eat much. Many of the corn fed who relocate here do though. There's an all-you-can-eat on every block) Mississippi won the fattest award for the 6th straight year. The city of Philadephia trimmed-down the most. Congrats Philly! Home of Bell crack. 🙂

September 27, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ronvan

Is there ANY COMMENT here that relates to the topic? Nothing more than opinions that cannot even focus on the subject!

September 27, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hey, I already said that the debates will be interesting and I can't wait...but the short answer to your question is no.

September 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

For the record, as I drove from Colorado Springs to Phx., I listened to the same song over and over again. Chuck Loeb's "Sarao". (if you Youtube, listen to the second one down) What was I thinking of? What would you be thinking of?

September 27, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |