September 28th, 2012

Friday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate October 3 from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the debate.

Today's programming highlights...

12:00 pm ET - Biden in Florida - Vice President Joe Biden spends his day campaigning in Florida, starting with an event in Boca Raton.  He'll then travel to Tamarac for a 3:00 pm ET campaign stop.

12:05 pm ET - Romney's academy rally - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney will speak at a so-called "victory rally" at a military academy in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. blindvoices

"Victory Rally" huh? Didn't Mitt Romney just throw up the white flag for the first debate?

September 28, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. Name s kel

Go Romney in 2012

September 28, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name s kel

Wow that beer was powerful. I didnt finish. I ment to write Go Romney 2012...Go Away!

September 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

S kel, I nearly choked on my coffee when I saw your first post...lol...

September 28, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name s kel

lmao, thats the reaction I wanted, lol

September 28, 2012 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You succeeded admirably...I nearly had to catch a plane and hunt you down...lol.

Oh, but the debates are going to be fun!

September 28, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

I have meetings that night of the debates. Dang. Hello s kel, nice one. Hello banasy.

September 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Random clean joke, Another random joke

Finishing up our work at a trade show in San Diego, my co- worker Maureen and I decided to go sightseeing across the border in Tijuana, Mexico. While there, we went shopping and bought a few pieces of clay kitchenware. As we crossed back into the United States, a customs official asked if we had anything of value to report. "Not really," Maureen replied, digging in her bag for the bean crock she had purchased. Everyone around us froze as she continued, "I only bought a little pot."

September 28, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

🙂
      Good afternoon, Rawr.

September 28, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello banasy
      How are you doing on this fine friday afternoon ?

September 28, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I am generally groovy, bciah.
      Wonderful fall-like weather, and I am in a fantastic mood...all is well I banasyland. (Knocks wood)
      How are you, my dear friend?

September 28, 2012 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

I"m doing fair to midlin. I've been very envious of the weather ya'll habeen having up there. We've swung back into our summer weather down here. Hot and humid. I'm looking forward to my trip to the mountains next month. Weater should be fabulous and the fall colors ought to be in full swing. Time to get back to my photography.

September 28, 2012 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Habeen, lol.
      Great use of wordage!
      The leaves haven't really started to turn yet, but I smell that autumn tint in the air.

September 28, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Chinese guy is sitting next to a Jewish guy on an airplane. Out of the blue, the Jewish guy slaps the Chinese guy so hard that his head reverberates. The Chinese guy asks, 'What did you do that for?' The Jewish guy says, 'That was for Pearl Harbour.' The Chinese guy says, 'But Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japa nese.' The Jewish guy says, 'Japanese, Chinese, Korean, it's all the same to me.' A few minutes of silence pass when out of the blue the Chinese guy slaps the Jewish guy so hard that HIS head reverberates. The Jewish guy asks 'What did you do that for?' The Chinese guy says, 'That was for the Titanic.' The Jewish guy says, 'But the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg.' The Chinese guy says, 'Steinberg, Goldberg, Iceberg, it's all the same to me.'

September 28, 2012 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Chinese guy is sitting next to a Jewish guy on an airplane. Out of the blue, the Jewish guy slaps the Chinese guy so hard that his head reverberates. The Chinese guy asks, 'What did you do that for?' The Jewish guy says, 'That was for Pearl Harbour.' The Chinese guy says, 'But Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Ja pa nese.' The Jewish guy says, 'Ja panese, Chinese, Korean, it's all the same to me.' A few minutes of silence pass when out of the blue the Chinese guy slaps the Jewish guy so hard that HIS head reverberates. The Jewish guy asks 'What did you do that for?' The Chinese guy says, 'That was for the Titanic.' The Jewish guy says, 'But the Titanic was sunk by an iceberg.' The Chinese guy says, 'Steinberg, Goldberg, Iceberg, it's all the same to me.'

September 28, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

I had the toughest time of my life. First, I got angina pectoris and then arteriosclerosis. Just as I was recovering from these, I got tuberculosis, double pneumonia and phthisis. Then they gave me hypodermics. Appendicitis was followed by tonsillectomy. These gave way to aphasia and hypertrophic cirrhosis. I completely lost my memory for a while. I know I had diabetes and acute ingestion, besides gastritis,rheumatism, lumbago and neuritis. I don't know how I pulled through it. It was the hardest spelling test I've ever had.

September 28, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

An attractive woman from New York was driving through a remote part of Texas when her car broke down.
    An Indian on horseback came along and offered her a ride to a nearby town.
    She climbed up behind him on the horse and they rode off.
    The ride was uneventful except that every few minutes the Indian would let out a whoop so loud that it would echo from the surrounding hills.
    When they arrived in town, the Indian let her off at the local service station, yelled one final 'yahoo' and rode off.
    'What did you do to get that Indian so excited?' asked the service station attendant.
    'Nothing,' shrugged the woman, 'I merely sat behind him on the horse, put my arms around his waist, and held onto his saddle horn so I wouldn't fall off.'
    'Lady,' the attendant said, 'Indians ride bareback...'

September 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Fac-e-palm...

Now for my daily kvetch:
      CNN, please remove the share icons from the mobile site.
      There is no reason to have them twice, and it makes my pages load slower and makes the text display wonky.
      Thank you.

September 28, 2012 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat) don't you injure your pretty chin. I will definitely give her the hug from papa bobcat and I'm feeling the giant one too my friend. Thankfully she's okay with the benefit of morphine and lots of love. I'm fine except for the wall of jet lag that hits now and then. It's been forever how are you?

September 28, 2012 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

I'm doing pretty good right now. Life has been throwing a lot of curves lately, but I still keep hitting them out of the ballpark. I'm glad to hear that you are okay. That jet lag can really be a bugger. It's been a long time since I've talked to you. I'll try not to be so anti-social in the future
      Oh and BTW, all but two of my students maxed the final. Those two did 94% and 96%. I was really proud of that class.

September 28, 2012 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat(in a hat) Keep hitting those curve balls out of the park. I hope it isn't too many challenging things for you. You have friends here that love you and care about you. You have to be really proud of the class and kudos to an excellent mentor. The 94% and 96% students are still A's, so job well done.

September 28, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name s kel

Lmao, lol, awwww man now that was funny.

September 28, 2012 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ banasy
      How long has that been going on now ? What is this, their new and improved version ?

@ s kel

How the heck are you doing man ? Hardly see you here anymore.

September 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Hi, there, Obama Mama.

@Rawr:
    It started Monday.
    Our good blooger dazzle noticed it too, but she thought it was because she was in France.
    Nope.
    It's because they added 10 "share" icons.
    I'd like to "share" how annoying it is that they've made my phone 2-3 times slower to display!

September 28, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And it also makes my batter drain 2-3 times faster.
      Thanks, CNN.

September 28, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Soooooooooo Cnn has not fixed that yet? I know one of the last times I was on, you phone users were talking about it.
      Helllllloooooooo, CNN phone users having problems, testing testing 123, anyone at CNN out there. hellllllllooooooooooo.

September 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Cnn obviously doesn't pay much attention, which is why I will post my daily kvetch daily, lol.
      And I meant good *blogger* dazzle...

Howdy, chrissy!

September 28, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Yeah that is what I thought. If we keep on making long blogs maybe they will have to tune in to what all the Hub-bub is about. lol CNN people are having problems with their phones. lol See banasy above, lol.

September 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Awww hello to 4 of my favoritist peeps in the world! What a long a55 day this has been, lover your jokes @ bobcat!

September 28, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello chrissy

How are you doing ? It's been so few and far between that I've been on here lately that I don't even know what's going on.
      I see they took down my best joke so far. UMBRAGE takers of the far right must have conspired against me.

September 28, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Oops meant *love* lol

September 28, 2012 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Obama Mama

Hello chrissy. smiley face here.

September 28, 2012 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello Obama Mama

And how the heck are you doing ? It's been a good while since we've talked. I am so looking forward to those debates. The jaw dropping looks on Romneys face are going to be pricesless.
      I just read an article on the main page where Romneys handlers are already conceding defeat to President Obama in the debates. This ought to be hilarious.

September 28, 2012 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

And I might have to miss the fun. I think they are lowering expectations on Romney. They say he has been practicing for weeks. I think Saturday night live will have alot of fun with it. I also think the ratings will be high. I think all Obama has to do is be honest as a politician can, and then make staying points on what sets him apart from Romney. Can you tell I like marketing?

September 28, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Yes Mama, your interest in marketing is showing very clearly. And as far as the presidents honesty, that honestly goes without saying. He has got to be the most straight forward, laid back people I have ever seen. Especially in politics.

September 28, 2012 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

I think Romney will have Schweaty palms.

September 28, 2012 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

OMG, Obama Mama, that cracked me UP!
      Better than having Sweady Balls...

September 28, 2012 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Hello @ mama, sorry you have to work on the 3rd. 🙁

September 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

Meeting with local government, chrissy. Fighting the mayor.lol

September 28, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

I hope CNN will play it in it's entirety after the original airtime, I hate, Hate Hate missing it. I do not want to miss it.

September 28, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

You're fighting with the mayor, OM?
      Does he know what he is in for?
      My money's on *you*, hands down!

September 28, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

He has been busted, all over but him crying.

September 28, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. small minds

"Small minds have confused love of country with love of government."-Scaevola
    Is your mind big or small?

September 28, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Big Brain

I think that in the near future, modern science will prove Obama and Romney's "Satan and a burning hell" to be a totally fabricated myth, and that finally we will have a candidate who does NOT believe in this sp-called "wolf god" of yours.

September 28, 2012 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Hey banasy, and sorry bobcat and mama, i took a nap. Been up since 4am. Im too old for all this i guess, stress i mean lmao.

September 28, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Obama Mama

I also was up at 4:00am. I will not last long tonight. As soon as the granddaughter is out, so am I. lol

September 28, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |