Ahead of the curve: The next 7 days
Police in Pakistan determined Rimsha Masih, 14, is innocent after being framed by an imam for desecrating the Quran.
September 30th, 2012

Ahead of the curve: The next 7 days

Here is a look at some of the stories that CNN plans to follow this week:

Obama, Romney square off in Colorado

The first debate between President Barack Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney happens Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET, and the economy is expected to be the topic for about half of the 90 minutes.

Though the topics could change because of news developments, the other half is expected to focus on health care, the role of government, and governing, according to the organizers of the debate at the University of Denver.

iReport.com: What questions would you like to ask the candidates?

Debate preview: Both sides trying to manage expectations

Last Thursday's CNN Poll of Polls, an average of five national polls of likely voters conducted over a week and a half, showed Obama with a 49% to 45% lead over Romney.

Blasphemy case against Pakistani teen could be nearing end

A juvenile court in Pakistan on Monday is expected to consider a police investigators' determination that a 14-year-old girl is innocent of allegations that she desecrated the Quran.

Pakistani police told CNN their investigation concluded Rimsha Masih is innocent and was framed by an imam. The girl faced life in prison on allegations that she burned pages of the Quran to use as cooking fuel. But Rimsha's lawyers said the accuser wanted to settle a personal score with the girl because the two didn't get along.

The teen's case sparked international outcry against the Pakistani government, some saying that its blasphemy laws are used to settle scores and persecute religious minorities.

Will Pennsylvania voter ID law stand?

A Pennsylvania judge is expected to rule by Tuesday on whether the state's new voter identification law disenfranchises voters.

The judge upheld the law earlier this year, but the state's Supreme Court sent it back to him to reassess whether alternative forms of identification are sufficiently available. The law requires that most voters show photo identification before casting ballots.

The law's opponents said the measure undermines the ability of registered voters to vote and that it was passed without sufficient evidence of prior identity fraud. Its backers argue the law strengthens voting procedures and protects against fraud.

Ex-Cub getting long-delayed major-league at-bat

Seven years after Adam Greenberg was hit in the head by a pitch in his first Major League Baseball plate appearance, he's finally going to get a chance to get a complete MLB at-bat.

Greenberg, who hasn't been to the majors since that injury with the Cubs in 2005, is expected to take an at-bat for the Miami Marlins on Tuesday night, during their game against the visiting New York Mets.

The Marlins - the very team that knocked him out of his July 2005 game - signed him to a one-day contract last week so that he could bat in Tuesday's game, the penultimate match of the regular season. A filmmaker's campaign, including an online petition, helped persuade the Marlins to give Greenberg the chance.

Greenberg, 31, last played professionally for Bridgeport in the independent Atlantic League in 2011, but has been working out and served as a reserve outfielder for Team Israel in World Baseball Classic qualifying games this month.

Who wants James Bond's 2008 Aston Martin?

Friday marks the 50th anniversary of the release of the first James Bond film "Dr. No." What better to celebrate than to buy Bond's 2008 Aston Martin 6 Litre V12 DBS two-door coupe?

The car, used by actor Daniel Craig in "Quantum of Solace," is expected to attract up to £150,000 at an auction at Christie’s action house in London on Friday. Friday's event will sell the car and nine other items relating to the films. Forty other items are being auctioned online through October 8.

Post by:
Filed under: Ahead of the curve
  1. Dandy Seroquel

I wear Made in China boxer shorts but they are always black to hide the stains.

September 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

I'm not grumpy, but you're wasted, and looking mighty foolish for someone who has a messiah complex going.
    What would Jesus do?

September 30, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Not me @ 10:39. Obviously.
    As it is nobody's business but my husband's what color my panties are, and as I know Dandy Serephil hasn't actually *seen* a pair of actual women's panties in person in a decade, I can only surmise that he is getting a cheap thrill by asking about them...so keep on keeping on.
    It is what it is, and he is what he is.
    How uttely sad to have to wake up everyday and be him.

September 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. dazzle ©

A new thread and a cast of troll characters. Has the obsession with pizza gone to women's intimates? I am certain that banasy did not make the red panty post.

September 30, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Of course I didn't, dazzle.
      Only a very diseased mind would talk about a woman he doeesn't know in such a way.

September 30, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kenney

@@@mary,,,,one last here before i leave,,,it goes to show we are no different than a 3rd world country are we now ? If it is rigged then fix the problem,,,DONT VOTE!!! Let it all fall apart hec we dont care do we ? I do

September 30, 2012 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kenney

Ill share my panties with PHILDO,,, but wait,,, he might like them bye all ill be in touch,,,,chrissy,,,banasy ,,,bobcat iah have a good one,,,and remember be tough,,,

September 30, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Dearest Kenney, be careful in whatever endeavor you are embarking on, and you know me...I'm tougher than anyone can ever guess, or gives me credit for, except the people who know me best.
      Never underestimate a woman merely because she IS a woman; but I don't have to tell YOU that!

October 1, 2012 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Philip:
    You go right ahead and post that link; the link to the sight you had to join to get access to my posts.
    And while you're at it, go back to that site and try to figure out my husband's username on that site.
    Go right ahead; I have never done anything online to be ashamed of...bring it on.

September 30, 2012 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And while your at it, Philip, ask yourself why one would go through such great lengths to join a web site, look me up by googling my username, checking the status of a photobucket account (which wasn't even me) and pretend to know anything about an ebay account...ask yourself why one would go through such great length to do that.
      All this because I don't agree with your every pontification?
      I say this sincerely: grow up.
      Your past abuse, which I acknowledge, isn't going to work as an excuse anymore.
      For somebody who complains that people focus on you so much, you sure focused on ME tonight, for no other reason that I can see except the same rules you expect others to follow you clearly feel you don't have to follow yourself.
      If you don't like my opinions, tough.
      I'm going to voice them anyway.
      You say you won't be silenced?
      Neither will I.
      Deal with it.

October 1, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy, it is creepy indeed that he is such a malevolent stalker. Only a crazy mind would attempt to do such stuff. We know not to believe a word it utters. Remember you have friends here who love you. Good Nite! XOXO

October 1, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kenney

@@@phillip when you take yuour meds do you seem to walk through anothger demension and trn to look back to see nothing but a fog ? If this is you,,, then you obviously have a problem,,,you have entered the twilight zone phildo its ok now yiu are just like others but cant out down unless you see your own broken ways ,,,those meds only help you deal with the truth of your ways

October 1, 2012 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. Im not done,,,oh well ,,,good nite all

Kenney ,,,,

October 1, 2012 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Goodnight, dearest Kenney...you'd better *not* be done...
      It's after 11 for me, and I need to get some sleep...
      You have a place in my heart.
      Whatever your journey is, come back to us...we'll be waiting.
      Safe passage, darlin'.

October 1, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
    • jbob

where is this aston martin?

October 1, 2012 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Kenney

@@@bansay i have 5 sisters so i know to not pick fights and to treat you girls with respect ok ? Unlike others

October 1, 2012 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kenney

@@@phillio to you dear,,,have a nice trip!!!!

October 1, 2012 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kenney

Thats supperman above phillip im still here

October 1, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. the 1 prophet

First of all America is the most violent country in the world more people die here from crime related woundes. The education system, the infrastruture, and quality of life is ranked 25 or less in the world. Americans still pay heavy burdensome property taxes fior what? Americans are gullible and a predictable crowed, So either Romney or Obama they both suck as leaders for America. Don't vote, when no government is elected the people will rule and congress and the federal government will be put out of business for good.

October 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. the 1 prophet

Governments ichallenge the right of GOD to exist

October 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the 1 prophet

Governments challenge the right of GOD to exist, no one is higher the GOD.

October 3, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • the 1 prophet

I just peed all over my robes, now I have to wipe it up with my turban.

October 3, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |