October 2nd, 2012

Tuesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate Wednesday from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

10:10 am ET - Ryan in Iowa - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan spends his day campaigning g in Iowa, starting with a courthouse stop in Clinton.  He'll later visit a coffee house in Muscatine at 1:30pm ET, then drop by a campaign office in Burlington at 3:45 pm ET.

11:10 am ET - Biden stumps in North Carolina -  Vice President Biden is opting for a North Carolina campaign swing today.  He'll start his day with a speech in Charlotte, then travel to Asheville for college campus remarks at 3:30 pm ET.

4:50 pm ET - Ann Romney speaks in Colorado - While GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney continues preparing for Wednesday's debate, his wife will be on the campaign trail.  She'll speak at an event in Littleton, Colorado.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. francois2012

OK

October 2, 2012 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. DaNdy sEroQueL

AnNe roMneY iS coMinG tO LIttleTon coLorAdo! y yay!
    i waSdeD iN a HosPitAL tHerE laSt yeAr. At tHe 'heaLth aNd WeLLnEss' ceNteR wHerE i LivDed, I saiD "NO" tO seRoqUel anDs o thEy puT mE iN a WhiTe Van anD took mE tO hoSpiTaL uNtiLL i sAY "ok", anD toP-oFF w/AbiLify "oK" tOO. (shrug).

October 2, 2012 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. DaNdy sEroQueL (D-CO) psyChoTic FrinGe

Yes. The "Dandy Seroquels" of America are also registered voters.
    They are allowed to vote, but not allowed to sit on a jury. Figure that one out.

October 2, 2012 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. craigslistMUSICnews

Italy's economy is tanking – we know, we're selling their building equipment
    Jonnie and Derek Keys run their vehicle auction company from the Irish village where they grew up – but it has a global reach

October 2, 2012 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Now for my daily kvetch:
    CNN, please remove the share icons from the mobile site.
    There is no reason to have them twice, and it makes my pages load slower and makes the text display wonky.
    Thank you.

Oh, and I cannot wait for the debates tomorrow.
    Hetting the Kettle ready, lol.

October 2, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. She actually said something!

It's not often that a partisan microblogger actually speaks-out of her own innitiative. (usually, ya gotta prod 'em as if cow)
    YourGo Girl !!! Word? (in italian)

October 2, 2012 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  7. Well

It's about that time. (listed reg's arriving right on time) Do all of you live on the West coast? 🙂
    Well. What do you think of people who are deemed unfit to decide simple law cases as jury members, but are by the same token deemed fit to decide who shall lead. (anything or anyone)

October 2, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bravisimo philipe12

En garde, though. he he

October 2, 2012 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

@ She actually said something
    Is that you @Philip?? Lets have your read on the events not on bloggers.
    Good morning @banasy
    hope CNN gets to your request.

October 2, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Good morning@saywhat.
      Yes, that was Philip.
      And yes, I'm still having problems, hence the "daily kvetch"

I say a lot on my own initiative; sometimes people just don't like what I have to say.
      No matter.

I eagerly await these debates.
      Like I previously stated, I have the kettle waiting, lol.

October 2, 2012 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. Hollywood

I hope that these candidates actually have something to say in these debates. I can dream can't I?

October 2, 2012 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. Philip

As if she has never commented on me, @saywhat.
    And, let's have YOUR view.
    Should a person deemed unfit to serve on a jury be allowed to vote? Why or why not?

October 2, 2012 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Fun w/History

Was it before or after Church and State were seperated that polling booths were relocated to churches?

October 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@Philip:
    May I ask where the information that it is against the law to serve on a jury when one is taking SSRI's came from?
    I know there is a law in England saying one can't, but I cannot find any evidence of any such law in any of the States.
    Is it a Federal jury law?

October 2, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@banasy, I'lll step in on that one about jury duty. The UK is trying to lift the ban of folks that take SSRI's not being able to serve on a jury. The US has no such law. Many people are prescribed SSRI's for a variety of reasons and they are not "mentally ill." 70 percent of people that are prescribed SSRI's in the states are female and 30 percent male. Clinical research proves that males in general feel more stigmatized and tend to find solace in alcohol. I will be watching the debate tomorrow with a group of friends both Republicans and Democrats. If screaming and shouting occurs, I'm out of the debate party. I refuse to get all worked up over Politics and religion.

October 2, 2012 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Fun w/History

Is it wise to have busloads of mental health patients taken from their 'Health and Wellness' living center communes down to church to vote? These folks need reminded to take their meds! Do you REALLY want people under the influence of drugs to decide who should even walk the dogs today?
    Our electoral process is just a show...an opportunity for millions to 'prove' they are US CITIZENS. by voting. And voting for men they hardly know, and/or men they know are crooks and womanizers.

October 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Spongebob Squarepants

How much will you pay me to kill Patrick?

October 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |