October 3rd, 2012

Wednesday's live events

President Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney hold their first debate tonight from the campus of the University of Denver.  Watch CNN.com Live for all the latest coverage from the election.

Today's programming highlights...

10:30 am ET - Pentagon briefing on Afghanistan - The deputy commander of the International Security Assistance Force will brief reporters on the current situation in Afghanistan.

12:00 pm ET - Clinton campaigns for Obama - While President Obama prepares for tonight's debate, former president Bill Clinton will be on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, stumping for Obama in Durham.

12:00 pm ET - Rubio stumps for Romney - Like Obama, GOP candidate Mitt Romney will avoid any campaigning the day of the debate.  Sen. Marco Rubio will campaign for Romney in Denver.

5:00 pm ET - 'DebateFest' - Before, during and after the debate, students, faculty and others will gather at the University of Denver for a free festival and debate watch party.

9:00 pm ET - Presidential debate - It's what you've been waiting for.  President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney will discuss and debate domestic issues from the campus of the University of Denver.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Afghanistan • Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics • World
  1. Guest

Been meaning to ask: what is ty? Thank you? A person writes a lengthy post, and then ends it with ty?

October 3, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That has been his customary way of closing his comments. Why ? I don't know.

October 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Seems to be a strange way to close, after taking the time to write out a long post, but ok.

October 3, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

That has been his cu stomary way of closing his comments. Why ? I don't know.

October 3, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Guest 2

Not when using the names to deliberately malign someone, which IS how they were used.

October 3, 2012 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

@breaking news alert
    The video of a cruise type missile striking Pentagon on 9/11 is in possession of Gordon Duff, the decorated 'Nam vet and editor of the Military and Foreign Affairs magazine Veterans Today. He showed it to the media in a press conference. The media wouldn't of course air it.
    hello @Philip and@banasy.

October 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

On tonite's debate.
    Though odds favor Obama but its going to be tricky. Both have weak points President Obama vulnerable on Libyan assassination of the ambassador and jobs outlook. Romney on the whole gamut of foreign policyand specifics.

October 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Good afternoon, saywhat.
      I look forward to tonight's debate; as I have joked all week, I've got the kettle ready to make popcorn.
      I hope they are not constantly interrupted for commercial breaks, though.
      While I understand television is a business, the interruptions exasperate me, lol.

October 3, 2012 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

I like taco pizza.

October 3, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. BILLY BANANA

@ bobcat (in a hat)©,
    A little song – a little dance – a little seltzer down your pants!

October 3, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

@Philip and fellow bloggers.

Read an interesting article by Dennis Kucinich on Iraq on Common Dreams.com " Ten Years, a Million lives and Trillions of Dollars later".
    Relevant.

October 3, 2012 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • BILLY BANANA

You got it dude!

October 3, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • BILLY BANANA

@ saywhat, If this were JUST the U.S. whom invaded Iraq I would agree. This is NOT as I see it though, The UN is very much apart of the propaganda of war over 11 years ago.
      Why would the FBI ignore Grahams request to look into the link between Afghanistan and the US. In other words, the money trial from the "Riggs Bank".
      Why is there ONLY 1 person charged with the crime of 911
      Why did Obama say that WE went after Osama for 911 in his UN address speech when Osama was never charged!
      Why would the UN keep so silent of the US's shady dealings.
      Why is it that after 10 yrs in the ME that we NOW have a wave of protests or is it the D A M N burst from our presence there.

October 3, 2012 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 9/11 Pentagon firemen all have DU illness

Howdy @saywhat. Good to see you, as always. Sorry about gettin' a little huffy w/you the other day. (when you criticised me for using one of my veritable plethora of personnas...most-all taken from my happy place as a child. Severely abused kids pretend like they are someone else when the abuse is happening ya know. We are the ones lie detector tests cannot detect. We simply become someone else, and everything we say registers as 'truth' on the machine. Sad, but true)
    Men both foreign and domestic financed 9/11. The FBI tracked them down. Soon, all will know the truth about 9/11.

October 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

good afternoon @bobcat @Portland tony.

I too have had the occasion to try keeping @Philip from needling our friend @banasy. Apparently he somehow cannot resist this unsavory habit. Is that right @Philip?
    I would rather get some insight from you on the events and issues. Be a good feller now.

October 3, 2012 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

I would hope that our fellow friend s kel will not suffer any ill effects from being one of the first responders at the Pentagon...what he saw haunts his every waking moment, the poor man.

October 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dr. Judy Wood Phd Naked 9/11 Jumpers

Every time I expose enablers like the "Mrs Sanduskys" of America, banasy attacks my person, and then "mysteriously" my name gets hijacked eating pizza and whatnot.
    This used to happen with Joey IF whenever I would post Bayer USA actually being Nazi Bayer AG. Joey would make fun of me, and never have a meaningful discussion about the evidence. It was always about me. And now, Poof! Joey is gone.

October 3, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Philip, I most certainly do not, attack you every time you post about whatever it is you post about.
      We all get pizza trolled, and you are well aware of that, also.
      Although I DO want to know what Dottie knows, I DO NOT condone the use of torture.
      While I am unsure of what exactly I am getting accused of this time, I post exclusively under banasy©, and if you choose not to believe it, that is on you.
      You brought this up, and I am defending myself yet again; this is not focusing on you, but instead a calling out of the aspersions you constantly cast about me and my character: indeed, if someone defends me, the abuse gets worse...
      I am asking you to leave me alone.
      I would also implore you to get a computer of a phone to enable you to see who is talking to whom; it would make it so much easier to ascertain exactly WHO *is* responding to you.
      Thank you.

October 3, 2012 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

It seems to me that a person should expect comments to what they post, good or bad. If an ego is too fragile to take it, the simple answer would be not to post.

October 3, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Rationale

is that Philip is an idiot.

October 3, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Guest

Thank you for the link.

October 3, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Hollywood

I dont take much stock in these debates. Both candidates are just regurgitating what their handlers are feeding them.

October 3, 2012 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • BILLY BANANA

Moreover, it is the "dog and pony" show to distract the public from the real show that started well over 11 yrs ago... master mind? Bush/house of Saud!

October 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

yw. Let us know what you find. K?

October 3, 2012 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |