October 4th, 2012

Thursday's live events

The first presidential debate has come and gone, and now it's the running mates' turn to take the stage.  Vice President Biden and GOP nominee Rep. Paul Ryan will hold their only debate October 11, and CNN.com Live is your home for all the action from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky.

Today's programming highlights...

8:30 am ET - Casey Anthony defamation hearing - Casey Anthony's attorneys are expected to ask a judge to keep out any references to her murder trial when she goes on trial in Zenaida Gonzalez's defamation lawsuit against her.

12:00 pm ET - Live chat with CNN's John King - CNN's John King returns post-presidential debate with a pair of live chats about all things political!  In addition to the noon chat, John will host a special tailored to international viewers at 2:00 pm ET.   Send your questions via Twitter @JohnKing CNN.

12:20 pm ET - Obama campaigns - President Obama returns to the campaign trail with a campaign event in Denver.  He then heads to Madison, Wisconsin, for a college campus appearance at 4:20 pm ET.

6:45 pm ET - GOP ticket rally - Following strong reviews for his debate performance, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney joins running mate Rep. Paul Ryan at a rally in Fisherville, Virginia.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Casey Anthony • Crime • Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. Philip

Dibs on first post. 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sal

Brilliant performance by our leader, the historic first black president Barack Obama! Romney revealed himself as a mean-spirited cold capitalist. If you want the greedy rich taxed to pay their fair share and achieve social justice, FORWARD Obama/Biden! We tried capitalism – it doesn't work. Let's let Obama finish what he started!

October 4, 2012 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • obama voter

Hi! My name is Blake, and I graduated from University of New Hampshire with a psychology degree, and I'll be your waiter the next twenty years...

October 4, 2012 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

(on the Casey Anthony) Well, it is rediculous how our system of justice allows convicted fradsters to prevail in civil cases yet allows fradsters who won the criminal case against them but lose the same case in civil court.
    Justice is one, not two. In the near future, our civil and criminal courts will be combined. Millions of suspected criminals will have been arrested for crimes mentioned during civil hearings.
    Our justice system will be streamlined...oftentimes, delayed justice means no justice. Justice will be swift, not slow like now. (for more on this, refer to my latests posts on the Hamas blog) ty

October 4, 2012 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  4. Philip

...there won't be any more 'O.J. Simpsons of America' winning criminal cases and loseing the same case in civil court.
    There won't be any more civil judges saying that criminal activity cannot be mentioned in his courtroom. That's OUR courtroom, your honor. And we are sick and tired of having to look through bars on the windows of our own homes and paying for extra home security. Sorry, but we will be taking over your courtroom and using it to help end domestic terrorism. This WILL occur.

October 4, 2012 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

@Sal. Thanks, but your opinion has already been given-out by TV talking heads all accross America. You sound like a parakeet. 🙂

October 4, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

You cannot find me even one TV talking head, radio broadcaster, or internet website that espouses what I just posted, and my latests comments on the hamas Blog. Not one source can you find that speaks or prints these things.
    I base my understanding on what I KNOW to be true, and I can do this because I ALWAYS have recieved plenty of REM sleep, the sleep phase where truth is seperated from lies, and filed for future reference. (many medications inhibit REM, many more stay-up late at night)
    I do not derive this opinion of mine from "Area 51 websites". There's no one that has my opinion and broadcasts it. Your opinions on these matters are all well known and broadcast even on TV.

October 4, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Philip

And so Yes, in spite of what you have been taught, there are people who remain truly unique.
    Not all of the trout fish in Colorado are mixed-up hybrids. We just found a school of native greenback cutthroat trout 2 miles from downtown Colorado Springs. (our state Fish we thought extimct)
    My views are truly unique, and I oftentimes cite websites and books NOT to show you where I got this info, but where YOU can find it today. I've known of these things for going-on 40 years now. (I'm 53. By the time i was 15, i had become fully aware. The rest are just details to me.

October 4, 2012 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

On last night's debate.
    Romney was the more aggressive and argumentative of the two. Pushing the falsehoods on Wall Street reforms, Obamacare , taxes with the brashness of one who is an expert in such tactics. The President on the other hand looked subdued and out of a debate mode. That is a mistake.
    The fact check and analysis come later what people want to see during is the candidate they are rooting for dominant.
    I sure hope Presidential advisers take a cue.

October 4, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

good morning @Philip

October 4, 2012 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

@Blake. Hang on, buddy. The next president after President Obama serves US another four years will be a man who doesn't fall for Romney and Obama's fairytale wolf god and a burning hell.
    He will be a man not beholding to the fairytale of defending "gods people israel". He will turn the CIA loose on domestic terrorists and fradsters.
    There will be near zero unemployment when jobs occupied by frauds become available, with fradsters all working their ass off for US and for free @one of our 160 illustrious Homeland security Prisons, built for the workshy and the crook, NOT the international "terrorists", obviously.

October 4, 2012 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. phunk

Does anyone understand a word of Phillips posts?

October 4, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

@Philip does have points to make and I often cross check when he makes statements reg one issue or another on facts. Sometimes though he gets carried away with his perspective.
    What he says about future leaders here I would say that includes Romney and their subservience "gods people Israel" is not that off the mark. We have seen that in the current election campaign. So also on domestic surveillance and ever increasing number of 'agencies' spying on Americans. If you research its all out there and not even classified.

October 4, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Lol @ Phunk, nope, but as you noticed it was pointed out to @ Sal, HIS is the only opinion that matters. A legend he is, in his own mind anyway!

October 4, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. Old Driller w/no TV

I recall travelling the world backin in the 1970s, 80s, and even into the early 90s...everywhere I went, people practically worshiped me! Really. Americans were the strongest, smartest, and cleanest people on earth. We really stood-out overseas. We really really did.
    That all began to change after the Carlyle Group of bush's and Bin laden'sforming in the late 1980s. The two family dynasies had already been close family friends for many years prior.
    The way in which the US Military was turned-loose on other peoples (even under the guise 'NATO') with HUGE profits being reported by war profiteers like Carlyle group investors. Americans began wearing and eating the cheapest crap we could find. And we began doing a lot of drugs and we began to become obese. Our own reality changed the world's view of US. I experienced this change and saw it happening around the world with my own eyes. It even became dangerous to my life to travel back to Yemen!
    America will become even a better role model for the world than b4.

October 4, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Old Driller w/no TV

Yep. My fair Lady America used to be such a hot babe, everywhere I travelled, people thought that I was her some to say 'Howdy'! And then they started throwing rocks at US. (like @saywhat's Palastinian boy throwing rocks at an Israeli battle tank that cost uS taxpers 50 million dollars illustration yesterday)
    AND NOW LOOK AT HER! Holy Cow! Even literally a Holy Cow.
    Both the Holy and the Cow will be fixed, as described above and on the hamas Blog.
    I'll be too old to go-back overseas drilling when US is fixed up. But I'll smile to myself knowing that there's a young American man overseas enjoying the goodness of America's reputation once again.

October 4, 2012 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |