Poll of Polls: Dead heat for Obama, Romney
Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama will face off for a final time Monday night.
October 22nd, 2012

Poll of Polls: Dead heat for Obama, Romney

It's a dead heat for President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney heading into Monday night's final debate.

The latest CNN Poll of Polls - an average of five nonpartisan national surveys of likely voters over the past week - finds each of the two candidates has the support of 47% of likely voters.

For details and all the latest political news, follow the CNN Political Ticker.

Post by:
Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. FAU Research Survey

Take the survey FAU is doing on leadership with the election http://www.formstack.com/forms/?1308061-xyNeobPbiX

October 22, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Deborah

The President knows what he is doing about keeping our country safe. He is not attacking Rumey, he is just stating the fact.

October 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. cavedave65

Reelect President Obama:

Screw the Rich, The Wealthy, The Well To Do and everyone else with more money than me. Every time a proposal is made to cut spending some union, special interest group, environmental action committee, community action council, or partisan organization spends millions of dollars vilifying those attempting to cut funding to the government. These are the people who are winning the argument. The media fawns over the public sector unions, reporting how unfair it is that they have to pay for part of their healthcare and retirement benefits. And God forbid we actually ask them to prove their value with any sort of test of their competency or effectiveness; why we are told that is downright Un-American. How many ads are aired daily decrying all of the poor folks who will be starving, uneducated, sickly, cold and homeless; creatures living in a world of pollution, crime, and danger unless we fund every last government program imagined by politicians and those who suck at the teat of a perceived bottomless treasury. Want to pay these folks everything they demand; fine then soak the rich, raise taxes on those making more than $100,000. Bleed the money grubbing creeps, I don’t care…but, I WANT MINE!

I used to buy into all that conservative crap about personal responsibility, but after almost 65 years on this planet, I know I will never be even moderately well off. My wife and I spent years sacrificing for our family, ran our own business, worked two and three jobs, scrimped, saved, sent our kids to parochial school, volunteered in our community, gave to our church and numerous charities… then and watched our savings, 401K, and home values plummet; while having to take jobs that paid well below our value. Now, I DEMAND MINE.

In the meantime I hear about how much the rich need a tax break; while some sports team owner spends $93,000 on a celebratory bottle of Champagne, and I see more Porches, Mercedes and Bentleys on the road than ever. Now, GIVE ME MINE.

I quit trying to be a good, honest, and productive citizen. Don’t tell me you are cutting Social Security and Medicare. Hell I’m not happy with what I have. I am writing the president, my senator, my congressional representatives, the newspapers, and anyone else who will listen. I want an increase in my benefits, and not just a pittance. I want big increases, 20 – 30 – 50 percent. If I rob a rich person I will go to jail, but there is nothing to prevent me from voting for and electing a politician who will get it for me legally. I will only support and vote for that politician who proves to me he can bring home the bacon…MY BACON.

October 22, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • go washington

amen i hear you.

October 22, 2012 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • areuserious

Are you sure you gave to a church?

October 23, 2012 at 3:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. Sue

Obama is repeating his campaign speech over and over. The truth is in the pudding- has Obama kept his promises – no.

October 22, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • go washington

hudini could not have gotten us out of the trouble we were in after 8 years of george w bush. and definatley not in 4 years. quit whining.

October 22, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Could he have done more in the DC political climate? -no Will Mitt be able to do what he says he'll do? -no

October 24, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Zymra

Your comment makes me wonder, if Romney keeps promising to do all these things his first day as president (won't happen) will he president for four years or just one day. I'm afraid he'll have everything done on the first day. No need for him to stick around. I guess Obama can have the rest of the term anyway.

October 24, 2012 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • dissatisfied

That's not entirely true. He did say "that under his plan energy prices would necessarily skyrocket". He kept that one.

@go washington and Bill. Problem is that Obama said he would and could. He lied..surprise!! He said that he would cut the deficit in half his first year in office. Which I'll admit, is hard to do when he doesn't bother with even having a budget. Bottom line, trillion dollar plus deficits each year totaling nearly 6 trillion in just 4 years. Now suddenly he has a plan for the deficit..sorry buddy, too late.

"Could he have done more in the DC political climate? -no" Why not? He had a super majority in both the House and Senate, if you can't have better political climate than that to accomplish something.

October 24, 2012 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Petra

Yes, he did! Could you read-then check out this fact for your self. The economy is growing and it will continue to grow. Have you not heard that Mit and his friend has blocked legislation has placed a "red-line" on business economical growth plans.
      You said that Obama is repeating himself-have you heard Mit. He continued to say that Obama is attacking him. Have you not listened and hear that Mit is continually attacking Obama. Afterwards, he plays the victim. I have never seen a man who lies like Mit. I forgot that the Mormon is a cult and how dear me to think that such a Mormon like Mit should be decent!!

Yes, Obama records prove that he is doing a good job! Let's help not falsely criticized!!!!

October 24, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • tom field

how come we aint seen romney in his mormon clothes.
      im sure that will give us a laugh, after all he is no doubt a clown\
      tom

October 24, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • concernedcitz

equal pay for women is unfair for hard working men. women should stay home and cook for their families. women do not need birthcontrol, abortion is a sin. GO ROMNEY/RYAN

October 30, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. go washington

how can anyone trust old mittens with our country when he constantly touts his business success this is a country not a company, not one of his shady business deals..how can you trust someone who isnt transparent enough to put his tax returns out there so we can all see how long he really was in bed with bain. its rather refreshing to see a republican reveal what a big fat liar he is even before the election is over. way to go fence rider romney..

October 22, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • diane Hagen

You must be one of the people who's job is still there. Many people who had never been jobless before Obamma took office, have been pounding the pavement for over two years and many others have just given up. The Obama's are taking vacations all over the world, flying the dog on a separate plane while millions are on food stamps and still looking for some kind of work. This is not the America I believe in. We need a different president. Obama failed the people of this country. I will not over look the facts. Diane Hagen

October 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • dissatisfied

We put our Country in the hands of a community organizer (look where that's got us), so why not a successful businessman.
      "how can you trust someone who isnt transparent"...exactly! Another campaign promise broken by Obama. His definition of transparency is Nixon-like. As demonstrated as recently as our Ambassader being killed in Libya. Everyone in the world knew it was a terrorist attack and he tries to convince us that it was just a protest to video clip that got out of hand. Why? Because Obama wants us to believe that he has defeated the jihadists with the death of Bin Laden. He's so transparent that his college transcripts are sealed. Why?

October 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dude

You guys keep bringing up his low tax rate, but you never mention his contribution to charity. It was really low of the President, low among many other things this election, to bring that up, knowing that Mitt would not mention the charity aspect. If you talk about your own charitable contributions, it's not really charity at all, it's self-ish. Mitt took the high road on that one.
      He gives more to charity than Biden or Obama.
      I would much rather he give his money to something useful, like humanitarian efforts of his church, than to see it flushed down the toilet with the rest of our tax-paying dollars.
      There's a cliche that goes, "What Mitt Romney does with his money doesn't concern me as much as what President Obama does with mine." It's cliche, because it gets repeated, but it's true!

October 24, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • concernedcitz

This is for DIANE HAGEN- Don't blame the president for your lost job- blame Bush thats a fact. I'm sure there are jobs out there for everyone. This is for DISSATISFIED The president is doing a great job and the country is headed in the right direction ( FORWARD ) thats also a fact. This is for DUDE- Romney manipulated his taxes to show he paid more in taxes why would anyone do something so stupid, unless he is trying to hide something. Romney is an amature and he has no plan!!!!! Really, think about it..

October 30, 2012 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. shirley

Men need to stop killing each other stop the wars men

October 22, 2012 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. shirley

All these men in power talk about killing each other enough stop for the love of god and your children stop the escalation

October 22, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • areuserious

Hey Shirly, If you were my wife and you were being attacked by a serial killer would you have me
      a) give him a starbucks gift card
      b) buy some extra cleaner to wash the blood from the floor before the kids come home or...
      c) kill him?

October 23, 2012 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. areuserious

I think the question is how much does O'B hate America? When do you think we will be so weak O'Bs deal with Putin, Iran, the Muslim Brotherhood, or the Chicago mob (i mean unions) will have their way with us.

October 23, 2012 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • concernedcitz

We are moving forward!!!!! Romney has no plan only lies.

October 30, 2012 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. RobinR

Romney will do more damage...he is another Bush....Romney wants to go back to war....The problems in Libya and Syria are not our problem...so what they are killing each other....let them....they not killing our ppl...Romney wants to get into office and spend more money....money we don't have....Romney made 20 million dollars last year and only paid 14% taxes....really....i can't see how anyone in their right mind would think that is fair....me as someone who makes $30,000 a year and has children pays a lot more than he does....I really don't see that as being fair....i could see incomes like mine, less than mine and maybe up to $100,000 paying that 14% tax rate....but he should be paying more....especially on 20 million dollars....we talk about needing more jobs...what about the jobs that were sent over seas....how bout bringing them back to the states where are they belong and our ppl can get back to work...I'm one that i was laid off b/c my job was outsourced to India....Romney will send more jobs over seas....what about China....Romney is in bed w/ China...lets face it ppl....Romney is not the right pick for our country....Obama might not have been able to do everything he said but you can't completely blame him....he submits it to congress and congress blocks it...so if you need someone to blame blame congress for bill blocking him....

October 23, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • dissatisfied

Too much nonsense in your post to comment on lol. But I'll mention one thing. I would bet my house that if you earned 30 k and have children you got a very fat refund and your net tax was zero. People like to mention Romney's effective tax rate, what they don't like to mention is that he regularly gives nearly 20-25% to charity. I guess that's a sign of greed to Dems.

October 24, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

Too much truth in your post no comment needed!!!

October 24, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Nelson

I studied at the University of Toledo. Toledo, Detroit and their respective States of Ohio and Michigan are alive and kicking because President Obama saved our auto industry. Romney's 'let them go bankrupt plan" would have devastated Toledo's & Detroit's economy as well as that of Ohio and Michigan. So much for the car guy Romney!

October 24, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. kesha

Who cares about that old coot Billy and Franklin views - Mormanism is a cult. 4 more years for Obama

October 24, 2012 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. GRACE

God will give Obama the favour to win again for the sake of the poor and the midlle class in JESUS NAME–AMEN

October 24, 2012 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. Demfounded

Just in from the Propaganda Office. Dear Leader has just reduced the unemployment rate below 8% after 44 months and just 30 days before the most important election in U.S history.
    Praise be to Barry!

Obama is still in the lead with 40%, Romney 60%.

October 24, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kevin

that new Romney super pack ad is offensive, the one with china in 2030 speaking in there language about how they own obama.

October 24, 2012 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Wally-T

Behind every Poll is a PollKat, trying to make his side smell better and the other side stink. Polls should be outlawed 2 weeks before an election. When was it, 1934?, that Dewey supposedly had a Landslide over Rooseveldt? They already had the Newspapers Printed. Rooseveldt won and they had to print a retraction.

October 24, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |