October 24th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The debates are over, and the candidates are now criss-crossing the country, looking for votes.  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views on the presidential election.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Obama starts nationwide tour - President Obama launches a two-day nationwide campaign blitz in Davenport, Iowa.  He'll then travel to Denver for a campaign appearance at 4:55 pm ET.

12:45 pm ET - Biden goes to school - Vice President Biden continues stumping for votes in Ohio with a speech at a high school in Marion.

2:20 pm ET - Ryan talks economy - GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan is also going the "Ohio school route" today, discussing the economy on the campus of Cleveland State University.

2:30 pm ET - Romney on the campaign trail - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney begins his day in Reno, Nevada, with a campaign appearance.  He'll then address supporters in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, at 8:00 pm ET.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • On CNN.com today • Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Rolls Royce pulls up in front of a really expensive restaurant and a really rich sheik gets out from it followed by a harem of women, and a rooster. The "party" is escorted to a table and given a menu.

When time to order the sheik orders for himself and the harem, and also asks for a basket of apples for the rooster. The waiter thinks it a bit strange, but does as is asked, and brings the apples for the rooster. One by one, the rooster eats all of the apples. Having
    noticed this, the sheik orders another basket of apples for the rooster. Again the rooster eats all the apples.

When summoned again, the waiter asks the sheik about the voracious appeti te of the rooster.

The sheik explains:
    "I was in the desert one day and found a lamp.
    It was a bit dirty so I rubbed it to clean it.
    Just as I did, out came a Genie and granted me three wishes...

My first wish was to have an endless supply of money.
    My second wish was to have many beatiful women.
    And my third wish was to have an insatiable co ck!"

October 24, 2012 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

A farmer wanted to have his hens serviced, so he went to the market looking for a rooster. He was hoping he could get a special rooster – one that would service all of his many hens.

When he told this to the market vendor, the vendor replied, "I have just the rooster for you. Henry here is the horniest rooster you will ever see!"

So the farmer took Henry back to the farm. Before setting him loose in the hen house though, he gave Henry a little pep talk. "Henry", he said, "I'm counting on you to do your stuff." And without a word, Henry then strutted into the hen house.

Henry was as fast as he was furious, mounting each hen like a thunderbolt. There was much squawking and many feathers flying, till Henry had finished having his way with each hen. But Henry didn't stop there, he went in to the barn and mounted all the horses, one by one and still at the same frantic pace. Then he went to the pig house where he did the same.

The farmer, watching all of this with disbelief, cried out, "Stop, Henry, you'll kill yourself." But Henry continued, seeking out each farm animal in the same manner.

Well the next morning, the farmer looked out and saw Henry lying there on his lawn. His legs were up in the air, his eyes rolled back, and his long tongue hanging out. A buzzard was already circling above Henry.

The farmer walked up to Henry saying, "Oh you poor thing, look what you did, you've gone and killed yourself. I warned you big buddy."

"Shhhhh," Henry whispered, "The buzzard is getting closer."

October 24, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat)©

Three blondes were walking through the woods when they came upon a set of tracks.

"Looks like deer tracks", said one blonde.

"No, it looks like maybe a cow track," another blonde suggested.

"Actually, I think they are just dog tracks," the third blonde offered.

They were still arguing when the train hit them!

October 24, 2012 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. Hamsta

Here we have a president who doesn't know what a corp is, doesn't know that bayonets are a basic utility used daily by the everyday soldier, didn't know that Gitmo and waterboarding would get him the information he needed to kill Bin Laden, and thought that Al Qaeda was dead. So let me ask why you think he is so much better than Mitt Romney?

October 24, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol.
      Typical GOP talking point that I just saw on an Anti-Obama commercial.
      Apparently Bush didn't know about the Gitmo/waterboarding little secret either, or that the Taliban offered to hand over OBL multiple times either; but guess what, Hamsata?
      OBL is gone, and Al Quaida IS severly undermined.
      The POTUS DID THAT!

October 24, 2012 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Get it right Banasy, what the president did was brag to the world that the war was over because he got Bin Laden claiming Al Qaeda was on their heels, ignoring the people there that are saying Al Qaeda is regrouping then he lied to you when a preplanned terrorist attack was carried out on the United States Embassy. He ignored threats and warnings from Al qaeda and even from the embassatotor then blames a video and uses a parole violation as an excuse to prosecute a man for excersising his freedom of speech.

October 24, 2012 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol, Hamsta.
      What do you say about Romney stealing Obama's foreign policies, making them his own?
      Obama SAID, "Al Qaida's leadership has been severely curtailed", which is HAS.
      Please tell me when and where the POTUS has said they were dead.
      Day and date.
      Yes, he said that they got OBL, because they DID.
      Want to know why Obama is the better man?
      HE TELLS THE TRUTH, that's why.
      He takes a stance, and doesn't change it.
      Please watch and look at other sources for your news other than Fake News Network, which has freely admitted that they make up stuff because their format is entertainment, NOT news, and therefore doesn't have to be TRUE.

October 24, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Maybe you need to get out of that library a little more Banasy, Al Qaeda is stronger now than they ever were thanks to a president that wants to apoligize for everything that makes america great. Telling the truth? The truth is that the attack on that embassy was a preplanned celebatory attack on the 11th anniversary of 9/11. Why does Obama blame it on a video? That's a BIG LIE. As far as Romney lieing, I don't doubt it but Obama got bisted in a BIG LIE dealing with national security. What is it about booksmart people that they can't see past their nose? I know a nurse that can answer any medical question you ask but can't determine if she has enough gas in her tank to go somewhere or enough money in her purse to buy groceries with, whereas I can add it up in my head and have never been more than 1 mile or 1 dollar off on either situation.

October 24, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

1) He never "apologized" to anyone, Hamsta.
      The words "I apologize/I'm sorry" never were uttered by him.
      Those were wholly a made up thing by the extreme right pundits. Debunked.
      2) That was the early intel.
      As it was investigated, he did NOT blame it on the video; SOS Clinton explained that. Debunked.
      3) Just as I did not insult you, please do not insult me, and NEVER underestimate my intelligence/common sense.
      That would be a VERY stupid thing to do; and I have never thought you to be stupid.

Vote for Romney; I give two figs.
      I never thought you to be racist against *blacks*, either.

October 24, 2012 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

I can see Banasy likes the Obama flavored Kool-Aid, I have recieved several lame apoligies from people that have done messed up things to me, but not one of them actually said that they were sorry for what they did or said the words I apoligize.

October 24, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I gave done nothing to apologize to you, Hamsta; why would you think I would apologize for anything?
      If you have received lame apologies from people, talk to them; I have nothing to do with that.

October 24, 2012 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

See there you go again Banasy, you really can't see past your nose. I wasn't implying that you did anything to me or have any reason to apoligize to me, I was simply clarifying that apoligies can be made without using the words I'm sorry or I apoligize. But because you can't see past your nose you don't recognize a lame apoligy for what it is.

October 24, 2012 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

The wording of your post was not very clear, Hamsta, and that is what threw me.
      Clear and plain writing is a must if one wants to not be misunderstood; I realize after careful deciphering what it is you meant.
      I apologize for the misunderstanding.
      Unfortunately, the POTUS did not apologize for the US in any way, shape, or form; unclear or otherwise; and if one turns off Hannity, Beck, or Limbaugh, all ENTERTAINERS, one could see past HIS own nose.
      If you cannot have a conversation with me without undermining my intelligence, occupation, or person, this conversation is over.
      Have a pleasant evening, Hamsta.

October 24, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

The president never said that al queda is dead. He said we have seriously affected their abilities to attack on a world widw basis. There are still members that carry out small scale attacks, ie the consulate in Benghazi, but overall, they are a shadow their former selves.

October 24, 2012 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

good morning @bobcat and thanks for the much needed dose of some mirth.
    @Hamsta
    Sadly mistaken. It was not Gitmo or waterboarding that led us to OBL. It was both ISI & pakistani informant.
    Mitt Romney has no clue as to the basics of the current changing dynamics in foreign affairs. Bashing China or Iran is not the extent of it.

October 24, 2012 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

What was painfully clear from the debate tough folks was this.
    How far we have slid down in our role as the leaders of the free world due to our policies initiated by past admns.
    Israel was mentioned 36 times in the debate. Global crises, climate, poverty, AIDS other festering issues- no.
    Embarrassing to see to what extent we have let our 'global' role diminish.
    Protecting and protecting the interests of one country , not the US of A.
    Good day all.

October 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dazzle ©

Hello all, nice to see you and to have a three for from bobcat(in a hat). I did a mail in ballot today so I can wear the I Voted Sticker. Be careful on your state propositions, they are cleverly worded.

October 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello dazzle

How are you doing ? And how is our Tori ? I back from the wilderness and trying to get back in form. I'm so out of touch with you guys and don't have a clue what's going on. I'm assuming it's the same ole same ole.
      The elections are rapidly approaching, and I for one will be glad to see this get pass us. This has got to be "the" most divisive election cycle I've ever seen in my life.

October 24, 2012 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Hello, all.
      I loved joke #3.
      Less than two weeks, thankfully.
      I hate what our politics have become.

October 24, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Did you see that the extreme right wing are attacking Katherine Fenton, (who asked the question about equal pay in the second debate), calling her a "lady parts tool" (from a WOMAN yet!) and a "feminazi"?
    Oh, and she voted for McCain in 2008.
    All because it elicited the much-repeated "binders full of women" response from their chosen candidate.
    Way to sway this undecided registered independent.
    Wtg.
    I hate this.
    Twitter sux.

October 24, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

How do they expect to garner the female vote when they come out with statements like that. They say one thing that seems to drive the women towards them, then it's like they forget what they said that worked and come out with something else that alienates them again. It's crazy.
      Did you see where Richard Mourdock said that pregnancy through raype was gods will ? WTH ?

October 24, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

With any luck, Murdock will not be elected; Indiana has enough problems...in other news about Indiana, the state Supreme Court blocked Indiana defunding of Planned Parenthood. (True)
      Reportedly, Murdock's head exploded at the injustice of it all. (I jest.)

October 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Murdock also said that God was *responsible* for conception.
      Not just that it is God's will...that God is responsible for every conception, through ra pe or not.
      This man seriously needs to take a few biology lessons, as well.

October 24, 2012 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. dazzle ©

Once again, my comment disappeared.

October 24, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Don't feel bad it happens to me to, especially if I tell you why it happens. Good day to you.

October 24, 2012 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

People on thes blogs think I am a racist because I don't like Obama. A racist would have a tough time living where I do in the Ninth Ward, New Orleans. Those in my neighborhood that don't know me as Hamsta call me white chocolate. They accept me because I am not phony, I'm white and I don't try to be something I'm not.

October 24, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

Good day to you Hamsta. I have no clue why they did that as I was just responding to bobcat(iah). Hamsta, I don't get the impression that you are racist and I respect your willingness to exercise your rights under the US Cons ti tution. I know what the Ninth Ward is like. As a matter of fact, I will be passing through New Orleans in March for a speaking engagement.

October 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

It would seem that somebody is either a) visiting in another state or b)jacked.
    How utterly cute.

October 24, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

No dazzle he isn't dangerous, actions speak louder than words. I have put him in check, he won't be here much longer. He made the mistake of trying to run my house for me without paying his share. He ran his mouth and asked me what I am going to do about it. Well the lease with his name is expired, the new one I have coming won't have his name on it. There is alot I can do about it. When I get the new lease he will have to leave or he will sleep in a jail cell.

October 24, 2012 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Hamsta

Speaking of Cafe Du Monde, its easy to make beniegts. I kind of cheat, but it comes out the same. Take a can or two of breakfast biscuits, break the biscuits in half, fry them and pour powdered sugar on top. I make some really good stewed chicken, or I can make some cajun turkey necks. One thing that gets me though is that you have to go to picayune mississipi to get cajun boiled peanuts, they don't make those here. I could also bake pork chops and potatos or make an awesome meatloaf. I am currently learning how to make pralines for desert, they go really good over ice cream. Or I could just make some killer gumbo.

October 24, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Or how bout some crayfish? March is the perfect time.

October 24, 2012 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

@Hamsta, you sound like a really good cook. Everything sounds delicious. Yum, pralines, I never attempted that. I bet your cat eats well.

October 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. dazzle ©

@Hamsta, now your making my mouth water. It's been a long time since I've had crayfish.

October 24, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

To answer your question about my cat, he really doest like human food.if I use any kind of seosoning at all he won't eat it. He likes unseasoned chicken, he will eat ground meat and unseosoned turkey but not ground turkey. He loves when I make tuna salad though, I make sure to save him some tuna.. He mainly eats meow mix, and temptations cat treats. He won't eat pork even if its not seasoned, but he does like cheese and melted ice cream.

October 25, 2012 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |