November 1st, 2012

Initial jobless claims fall

The number of people filing for initial jobless claims fell by 9,000 in the latest week to 363,000, the U.S. government just announced.

U.S. private-sector employers added 158,000 jobs in October, payroll-processor ADP says.

For details, follow CNNMoney.

Post by: ,
Filed under: Economy • Jobs • U.S.
  1. Scottish Mama

Adding jobs is always a plus.

November 1, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  2. Scottish Mama

If you are independently wealthy there really is no need.

November 1, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I was, because it was ignorant as all get out.

November 1, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sinfully Yours

I have no qualms with that. If you are independently wealthy it means you worked hard to get said weath, unless you inherited it which means your relatives/family worked hard, unless you won it on the lottery, in which case you still worked hard to get the money to play the lottery, unless you got lucky and found a dollar in the street and played and won the lottery off that dollar, in which case you are still a bum, but a wealthy bum who still needs to get a job. 😉

November 1, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

OMG @ bigwillie, how ARE you??? Weve missed you here, its so good to see you! 😉 And YES he is isnt he? lol

November 1, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

No, I am wealthy just not with money. I have what I need, I want no more. Money does not drive me, love, respect, home ownership, successful children, a husband who loves me, many friends, stability, and free thinking is my riches. I have what I need and all I could ever want. There are people who strive to be wealthy and in striving to be wealthy they miss the most important of things family, health, and love. I have all of those and more.
    We don't get stuck in the grind, we have fun, just not on a yacht.
    Yeah I said Independently wealthy to draw you in. I still work hard, I inherited truth, love, and a wonderful loving family, so I did win the lottery.

November 1, 2012 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

What an absolutely beautiful post, Scottish; we have both won the lottery!
      I am blessed in more ways than I can count; I am thankful for that each and every day!

November 1, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Name s kel

Awww Scottish Mama how sweet thats why your friends care about you.

November 1, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

hello @ mama, YES i did ty for asking. 😉 i talked to her @ 7 last nite. All is good, they got their power back about 6:30 last nite and had a little wind damage thats about it. And im with you on that ll:4l post! Material things dont matter so much!

November 1, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  7. Scottish Mama

Glad to hear your daughter is okay. I hope they have heaters. Wind damage fixable. I hope it is still structually sound. Good for you chrissy, rest easy.

November 1, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Name s kel

Hello Bigwilliestyle ,yep you got that right.

November 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hide Behind

The world is of many Islands, some will say lets move to that atol or idyl, but the real islands are within the hearts and minds, not dirt or concrete.
    It and they, can only exist within those who have found that place where no matter the buffeting their shores may take they find a higher place than the rest of mankind.
    Those places are found not by exploiting or trampling upon others dreams, although you must resist their nightmares, for the majority of world do not seek to elevate others without being elevated hemselves.
    To give and reciev in return peace of heart and mind you have to have it inside of you in the first place.
    Walk the streets of your nations mind and then contemplate upon what you find, For. It is mostly a sea or barren wasting lands. All except for a very few peacefull Islands.
    If you are upon one, now extend its borders do not try and hide behind a wall; or too soon the walls will extend above your ground. And that is no more than a pit.

November 1, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

@s kel – did you get your bros trees cleaned up?

November 1, 2012 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

@ Hide Behind, EXACTLY! Ive never understood the mentality of doing something for someone ONLY on the pretense of *whats in it for me?* I do know ppl like that, and i do my best to avoid those types at all costs!

November 1, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Nevada brothel won approval for the 1st guy prost itute to start working. In related news, state officials project that within a week they’ll have the lowest male unemployment rate in the U.S.

November 1, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Hide Behind

How many live within a pyramid?
    Can one sit comfortably at its apex?
    They while built by man are meant to exhalt a man or placate a god unseen or if but a man a poor example of what creation has wrought.
    Oh we do build pyramids, atop our buildings that mimic religious spires; and within their hollow shells we fill it with. The slave labor beneath those on top.The pyraminds of old exist because they were not hollow but the ones who built and ordered the build if they found godhood it now lies beneath barren sands or stuck under glass to be gawked at.
    What good be they today except to entice tourist and like the men of old. To toil and then worship a creation without human habitation , as a Wonder?

November 1, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

If it wasn’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.

November 1, 2012 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Scottish Mama

@bobcat(iah) I do work well under pressure. lol

November 1, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |