CNN poll: Obama, Romney neck and neck in Ohio
Obama campaigns Friday in Springfield, Ohio, one of three stops he'd planned that day in the battleground state.
November 2nd, 2012

CNN poll: Obama, Romney neck and neck in Ohio

President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney remain engaged in a tight contest in Ohio, according to a CNN poll from that key battleground state released four days before the election.

With 50% support from likely voters, Obama narrowly outpaces Romney's 47% backing in the CNN/ORC International survey, which was conducted between Tuesday and Thursday. But that difference is within the poll's 3.5% sampling error. Ohio has 18 electoral votes.

Read more about the poll, and the race, on CNN's Political Ticker.

Post by:
Filed under: 2012 Election • Ohio • Politics
  1. gary berman

why doesn't the media try to totally discredit Romney? They love all the drivel that Obama has spouted over the last 4 years. The media is unfair and attempts to influence people by showing clear favoritism to Democrats in general and Barak Hussein in particular Grow up and act responsible- people should make their own minds up based on OBJECTIVE information, not left wing propaganda

November 2, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Why are you here?
      Fox is calling you.
      What's your middle name, gary?
      I would so like to refer to you by putting the emphasis on a middle name you had no hand in choosing.
      See you on Fox! 🙂

November 2, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • harold spencer

The media doesn't discredit Romney because his fascism is corporate politics. And at any rate most of the people who reject Obama are just hillbilly racists. The army should be recalled to kill the 150 million stupid americans before the American Taliban imposes its version of Shiria law around the world.

November 2, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I am anxiously hopeful that President Obama will win this election.
    Especially for this time in our nation's social development, neither Romney nor Ryan offers the balance and honesty that attracted me to the Republican Party decades ago.

November 2, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I am much more content than I was when Obama was elected, and I voted for every Bush presidency.

November 2, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Your Grace, but of course: a Dutchess would be a Duchess at a Tea Party.

November 2, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ha!
      Well done, JIF!

November 2, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hank

Word! I've always gotten food stamps, but used to have to work to make ends meet. Since the President was elected I've become eligible for disability, and get more food stamps plus medicaid for my depression and pain. I no longer have to work. Romney is a mean capitalist who requires personal responsibility and accountability. Vote Obama!

November 3, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol.
      Yeah, okay.
      Like *you* vote at all.

November 3, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Actually Hanky, Bush deregulated food stamp eligibility before he left office, the President just kept it in place because the republicans ruined the country with all the bad policy making. Romney offers nothing for the american working middle class. When you strip the people of jobs and homes they needed more food stamps. Doh.

November 3, 2012 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah, why waste your breath, Scottish, on a person that has never cast a vote in his life?
      Can you giess who this person realy is?
      Hint: name starts and end with "P".

November 3, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jena

Too funny! This is why everyone should vote Romney! My gosh, this country needs saving from this mentality.

November 6, 2012 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Payingtaxesforyourwelfare

Seriously Hank? I hope you are just joking. I'm glad you get food stamps and sit your ass on the couch and collect money from the goverment every day. I'm out trying to support my family working 60-70 hours a week, and you are sitting around getting a check every month. You are the perfect example of why Obama should lose this election.

November 6, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Nancy

Hank, you're a lying phony!

November 6, 2012 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • yasniger

The cards turn out pretty well for you then, but a whole lot more of the others just didn't

November 3, 2012 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

You tell him JIF! 😉

November 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Hi, chrissy.

November 2, 2012 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 1608

MSNBC look NOW it is for sandy

November 2, 2012 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. 1608

For fox fans well you i don;t know to say.

November 2, 2012 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helen

A coherent English-language sentence would be a great start.

November 3, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I never did look to the POTUS for my contentment; I don't know why anyone would.

November 2, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • yasniger

You do be surprised just how many do.

It is now a down right American Pastime

November 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Hello Joey, are things getting better where you live?

November 2, 2012 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

Your Grace, what is a Dutchess?

November 2, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Must be a Holland thing.

November 2, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

I mean, it's not in Debrett's.
    Anywhere.

November 2, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SKYNEWSandFOX-Sticker SHOCK :)

And in a sign of just how much they want multi-millionaire Mr Romney in the highest office in the land, some are making multiple trips to different states and paying their own way with flights, car journeys, hotels and meals.

Self-funding volunteers have been organised into groups and have been convening at hotels to form their campaigning plan. It is not clear how much direction they are given by Republican party officials.

November 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • FOX-Sticker SHOCK :)

I wonder IF they lose- is that all tax deductable... just normal "business as usual trips, right" ? 🙂

November 2, 2012 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

Miss Baldridge has never heard of it either, may she rest in peace.

November 2, 2012 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

Probably too late to catch all my friends here, but hello to everyone anyway. You know what the best news is ? The election is now only 4 days away. I will be so happy to see this get pass. Maybe we'll get some normalcy back on here. What ? Did I just say that ? What the hell have I been smoking ?

November 2, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. fernace

Word to you, harold spencer! So true! Hey blog buds; JIF glad to read you're ok! Wish y'all a speedy & safe recovery from Sandy!!

November 3, 2012 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |