Feds won't do new business with BP
Fire boats battle a fire at the offshore oil rig Deepwater Horizon April 21, 2010, in the Gulf of Mexico.
November 28th, 2012

Feds won't do new business with BP

The U.S. government will block oil giant BP from new government contracts over its "lack of business integrity" stemming from the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the Environmental Protection Agency said Wednesday.

The decision follows the London-based company's agreement November 15 to plead guilty to criminal charges including manslaughter, obstruction of Congress and environmental violations related to the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig and subsequent release of about 205 million gallons of oil into the Gulf.

FULL STORY
  1. saywhat

well,well! where is this gutsy attitude coming from? Would the wooers of Big Business – GOP come on board?

November 28, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

@ JF, now you KNOW the job of POTUS does NOT come with a crystal ball! Obama would have no way in knowing that Sylondra would later file bankruptsy unless he could see into the future. Get over that already.

November 28, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

I am, quite frankly, shocked and, to be honest, quite proud of our government right now.

Hi, Jeff Frank.
    I think that is called "comparing apples to oranges", and I don't know what that has to do with the decision not to continue doing business with a company that employs shady business practices that directly impact the environment.
    Solyndra was an attempt to find an alternative to using fossil fuels, and though it failed, he is on a quest to find new and effective ways to power our lives.

November 28, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

And, as has become the norm, my post has been blocked.

November 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Awww @ banasy, im sorry youve become the *flavor of the week* on that blocking thing. 😦 and it looks like you might not be alone, i havent seen any further posts from bobcat either.

November 28, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I saw him on the shooting in FL blog.
      I hope to be here later, but for now, I'll not being playing this game.
      Look at the blogs.
      There's nobody here.
      TJI ownes that; I hope they're happy.

November 28, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

shAme on cnn. they Shouldn't treat banaSy that way. deleting Her pOsts that way. someone wiLL pay Either way Someday.
    just put the capital letters together to see just how I feel!!!

November 28, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lmao yup i got ya JF, ive felt that way quite often bout this issue.

November 28, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

And thank goodness her and i can text each other because i do enjoy talking to her.

November 28, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well I'm going to throw my two cents in, if they'll let me.

CNN, I do not understand why you have taken the notion to block all of our posts lately. But I do understand you had a great number of faithful posters here. Ones who were clean talking, (granted it wasn't "always" on topic, but that's a converstion for another day) and tried their best to stay within your TOS. But forever reason, you have now chosen to honor the posts of the trolls and hijackers, while deleting the ones who made you a success in the past. Have you "not" noticed that the blogging space being used now is just a fraction of what it used to be ?
    I'm truly hoping you realize the error of you ways an once again honor the ones who have made you what you were and hoping you will be again.

Sincerely,
    bobcat (in a hat)©

November 28, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I agree with you 100%, Rawr.
      Sadly, I don't think it will make any difference.
      TJI has jumped the shark; all we need is Ted McGinley to make an appearance.

Jeff Frank: lol.
      I agree with your opinion!

November 28, 2012 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

They have deleted my comments...again.
    Please show me anywhere my comment about BP was inappropriate in any way, shape, or form.

November 29, 2012 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

How weird is this and yet the pizza post stands? Same thing on the previous thread. Time to dump this place or just bail like everyone else i guess @ banasy.

November 29, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

@ banasy, ALL the threads are like this. 50% of the posts are gone and it the remaining just sound dumb without the ones up that are being replied too. Looks like cherry pickin time.

November 29, 2012 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  13. James

sure not under the Bp name. under a different name they will.
    geeeeezz get real cnn.

November 29, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Guest

Gas prices for this holiday season are..... $5.... $6.... heck it is the season of giving why not make it $7 a gallon?

November 30, 2012 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. Steelbanaid

It seems as if were playing a game of "Wack-a-mo" with corp-greed ,the names and faces change but the game stays the same.

November 30, 2012 at 6:16 am | Report abuse |