November 28th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

11:00 am ET - Amtrak reorganization hearing - What does the future hold for America's national rail service?  Amtrak officials will testify before the House Transportation Committee.

11:35 am ET - Obama pushes for tax cuts - If a deal is reached to avert the fiscal cliff, what will be included in such an agreement?  President Obama will encourage Congress not to get rid of middle class tax cuts in a White House event.

12:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The fiscal cliff crisis, as well as the situations in Egypt and Gaza, will likely dominate Press Secretary Jay Carney's daily briefing.

1:30 pm ET - Military families honored at White House - First lady Michelle Obama welcomes military families for a tour of the White House.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Economy • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes
  1. Hide Behind

There is no way to stop the approaching fiscal crash only delay it, and the ones who will suffer the most are they who merrily go about their lives in ignorance, some deliberately so, and think the mass of
    populace will be saved by those now in and power.
    Not an end of world grab your guns and run but more a drop em and bend happening.
    LOOK to your own situation,solvency not property assets or pension funds as they will fall even more and hard.
    Nation will survive amd so too will those entititys and personalities ehp are now kockyong for tjeir place during revovery period.

November 28, 2012 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hide Behind

BI-Patisan division of the spoils as both houses of congress try to keep those houses relevent and their fat paychecks as well.
    There is no power there all they can do is either rubber stamp or play obstructionist to get something for who they represent.and that is not the public at large.
    There are very many interest now jockying for after the crash each trying to insure

they will be of those wjo survive.

November 28, 2012 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

@ HIDE BEHIND, to EVERY problem there is a solution! It just all depends on willingness 2 look for it or 2 sit around & whine about it. And occasionally ya just gotta bend a little. Its time for Congress 2 show the citizens they merits that whoppin pay!

November 28, 2012 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Oops meant *merit* singular.

November 28, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Hide Behind

They are working out a solution, how are you helping them find one?
    The most likely one will be run the presses, set up a new tax structure, not just for top corporate and individuals whose main source of income today comes from overseas, 70 to 80% of gdp, and of hundreds of billions by government contracts.
    30 States now say their pension finds insolvent and are looking for more revenue.

IF they keep interest rates as low as at present all the newmoneys will be borrowed for overseas investments or more multi billion dollar fed and city programs(bond).
    MAJORITY CREDIT for populace on credit cards variable to increase by feds and they are due about a 10 to15% increase.
    No interest will mean higher and higher insurance rates or almost all face bankruptcy.
    HOME mortgage rates will hit up to 7 or8 % minimum.
    STOCK market has gone up in dolars true but the follar had fell almost 20 relative to world othet devalued currencys and this drop has been under the messiah now in office.
    Unless you are among the. 5000 Actual movers now in executive branch no one knows what President wants or is planning., and they are not talking.
    There are already programs put in motion that darn few know about for the new economy.
    YES they will be for srlected individuals and they range from education and retrai.ingto an ever increasing security of state.

November 28, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

OMG! Bobcat! Youre back woohoo! Weve missed you terribly around here. Ive posted todays quircky news to you every nite. And LM, cashews are fattening cutie patootie.

November 28, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

Yes I'm back, by gawd. I trying to get past my anger with CNN and how they've been doing us lately. But I just can't stay away from my friends here.

November 28, 2012 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I have missed you, Rawr.
    The inability to post here has taken it's toll, as it has on many!

Great joke, my friend!

November 28, 2012 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dazzle ©

Hello to all and man it's good to see a bobcat(iah) joke. Well done sir. I hope this posts!

November 28, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

How the heck are you doing ? It seems like forever since I've talked to you. How is your new life treating you ?

November 28, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

@ dazzle

It is so good to see you. Yes, I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And how about yourself ? I'm so happy to hear things are working for you. I'm one of your biggest supporters and will always be in your corner.

November 28, 2012 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hide Behind

For over 6 years obamatrons have beeen putting words into Obamas appearances not a darn one of their bs other than protection of females and gay crotches has improved the overall condition of nations economy or decreased the powers of the executive branch or increased the transparency of actiond of those around
    him.
    Instead bandaids were put inplace to try and hide just how badly the nation both of federal finances and those of the populace was wounded.
    If they were to stop worshipping those in DC and start picking apart their Papal Bulls they would find thousands of special dispensations have gone more to increase the power of executive. And insulate itself from the public far more than any powers before them.
    The reality is that a massive financial failure has been and cannot be stopped without the people as a whole suffering from failure.
    ALL that is now at hand is deciding who will best survive that fall.
    Talk all you want but all you can do is react to their reality,and those who think they are immune from many drastic changes are only once again putting out wishfull hot air and hoping they have enough to float the bubbles they surronded themselves with from bursting.

November 28, 2012 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello banasy

How are you doing my friend ? I've just been so aggravated with CNN that I've chosen not to even try. But I miss you guys, and I just have to try to keep in touch.

November 28, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Yea understood. Its like bein in blogging rehab aint it. Soon the uncontrollable urge to post will subside. Lmao. I posted that to you the other day too.

November 28, 2012 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

Well I hope you know I have to blame my blogging addiction on you and banasy. Once you guys accepted me and my style of writing, that was all she wrote. I love all my posting friends here to death.

November 28, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

You have become world known for your *blogging style* my dear friend, plz dont change because of the act of one? slightly unbalanced, poser ok?

November 28, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ chrissy

Not going to happen. One a bobcat always a bobcat.

November 28, 2012 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

To bobcat. Todays Quirky News: A NY plastic surgeon is offering *Pokertox.* Botox shots to help poker players keep a straight face. Its like getting dealt a forehead-of-a-kind.

November 28, 2012 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |