- President heads list of dignitaries and local clergy members offering comfort to the people of Newtown, Connecticut
- 20 children, six adults and the shooter are dead after shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Friday morning
- Police: Nancy Lanza, mother of gunman, died from multiple gunshot wounds
- Gunman Adam Lanza had assault rifle magazines that held 30 bullets each, police said
- Victims' names released Saturday; all of the slain children were either 6 or 7 years old
- Complete coverage: Connecticut school shooting
- Soledad O'Brien will be live from Newtown, Connecticut, with advice and insight from Deepak Chopra and from people who have been through other shootings. Watch Starting Point, live at 6 a.m. ET Monday.
[Update 10:27 p.m. ET] Christina Hassinger, 30, the daughter of slain Sandy Hook Elementary Principal Dawn Hochsprung, sent out this tweet after meeting with President Obama before the prayer vigil.
[Updated 9:39 p.m.] A long silence followed the conclusion of President Obama's remarks before the audience began to applaud. The president walked off the stage to return to the floor, but a woman stopped him, turned him around and sent him back up the stairs to the stage. He stopped and waved briefly to the still-applauding crowd before exiting backstage.