December 28th, 2012

Friday's live events

The talk in Washington is all about the "fiscal cliff" and what the president and Congress need to do to avoid it.  Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the fiscal cliff debate.

Today's programming highlights...

11:30 am ET (est.) - Senate Democrats briefing on fiscal cliff - Sen. Tom Harkin and others will call on Congressional Republicans to help resolve the fiscal cliff crisis at a Capitol Hill briefing.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Budget • Economy • Finance • On CNN.com today • Politics • Taxes
  1. chrissy

They REALLY need to up the dosage on your meds foolio, or maybe electric shock therapy. If that dont work, time for that good old slice and dice system. I believe its called a L O B O T O M Y!

December 30, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. the prophet

@ Benasy things you don't do to friends is humble noble and sensitive, your a true being wholly in body and spirit

December 30, 2012 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol @ the Prophet, i only meant banasy is female, silly man!

December 30, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

And you are so very right @ the Prophet. Banasy is one of the nicest people i know and her friendship has helped me more than i can ever put into mere words. And it upsets me greatly when 2 certain people on these blogs continually attack her, for no gond reason accept to stroke their egos!

December 30, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. the prophet

My followers, remember Jesus faith is in each and everyone of us, you have the power not the Empire, you have the answer to humanity not the Governments and people with money, you can empower and you can take away powers. Jesus was a man but his faith made him a supreme being a wholly man, the world needs to change man need to change.

December 30, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the prophet

@ Benasy pray for me , as I pay for you and others like you may GOD be always by your side to protect you

December 30, 2012 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  7. the prophet

My followers as you go to sleep tonight, am sure the question has come up many times, what is happening around me and the world? You have a purpose, trust me let Jesus enter your heart and you feel the strength and power to clearly see the purpose, and tomorrow you will not feel and walk alone no more.

December 30, 2012 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Well, thank you, prophet; what a lovely sentiment.
    Happy New Year to you, also.

@chrissy:
    Many thanks, and the feeling is mutual.

December 30, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

It was a good apology too, chrissy. I see and have seen so-much of what's going on in the world and for so many decades...I get overwhelmed sometimes and lash-out at those who seeem to be acting as if nothing unusual is going on in our world today.
    I wish you folks would understand how hard it is to deal with bi-polarism without either being medicated or medicating one's self. (especially this time of year when suicide rates among depressed people quadruple)
    I wish we could just snap our fingers and the more heinous of those who make this world more miserable would all be gone or in prison.

December 30, 2012 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

@the prophet. Actually, all that you need to see God's purpose is a set of eyeballs that can read. (or, just good old-fashioned common sense)
    God's purpose for this earth hasn't changed...certain men among world leaders simply have a different purpose in mind than God does.
    From day one, God's purpose for His children has been that of a loving Father...to provide for His children a warm and happy home in which to live. It are the men distorting this purpose of God in order to mislead you away from God and to themselves for protection who are the ones telling you that you are special, unique...that your purpose is different tan God's. It's the oldest trick in the book of nations, "Divide and Conquer".

December 30, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the prophet

@philip my brother sorry to hear that, FYI internet is monitored !! what did you say? But don't worry I feel ur faith Jesus is strong and he heard your message

December 30, 2012 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. the prophet

@philip sorry my post got answer got blocked

December 30, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Blocked again? @ Philip you are wrong i DO understand and you already knew that and why!

December 30, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. the prophet

@philip yes agree

December 30, 2012 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Well i suppose sometime in the future my posts, all of them, reworded many times will all magicly appear and of course look dumb, cuz it will look like im just repeating myself! Get it together cnn!

December 30, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |