February 10th, 2013

LAPD chief: 'I do this not to appease a murderer'

The Los Angeles Police Department will reopen its investigation into the firing of a officer that prompted alleged revenge attacks as the hunt for the man accused of killing three people widened in Southern California's San Bernardino Mountains.

Christopher Jordan Dorner declared war on police in a manifesto after being fired by the LAPD and losing appeals to be reinstated, claiming that racism in the police department was behind him losing his job.

"I feel we need to publicly address Dorner's allegations regarding his termination," LAPD Chief Charlie Beck said in a statement released Saturday.

"...I do this not appease a murderer. I do it to reassure the public that their police department is transparent and fair in all things we do."

FULL STORY
  1. chrissy

Lmao @ bobcat, actually i heard it on the nwew state farm commercial!

February 10, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Yeah, gotta the love that French model she met on the internet. Uh, Bone Joor.

February 10, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Oops meant *new* not nwew

February 10, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 1608

So Ham Sta who's the nazi here the prez, Dornor, or the L.A.p.d.? How did you get to this nazi thing.

February 10, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

The word 'Social' tends to make some see red...no pun intended.

February 10, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Omg lol @ bobcat, now THAT was as good as any of your jokes!

February 10, 2013 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. 1608

Hello everyone I missed you yesterday, I hope everything is okay.

February 10, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Hello to you also @ 1608, i posted to you yesterday dear. You mustve missed it.

February 10, 2013 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1608

@ Chrissy: Yes I did get it but I HAD to walk around in the snow, like a child. In my mind, you don't know what you have until you get older.

February 10, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. 1608

Because no one is hurt, this is funny to me. Traffic light stuck on green in one direction so a car blows the red in the other hits a suv, that's when the lights started working. What bad luck for someone.

February 10, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Daniel

This is sad 4 the family that lost loved one I'm sorry I have been there GOD bless you

February 12, 2013 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

@ Hamsta:
    I wrote you a long reply that was not published. Either it was too long, or it contained too many German phrases that do not translate well into English.
    I addressed you with respect, as I have always done. At times, I have agreed with you when others in this forum did not.
    If your response is that I fail to comprehend what I read, then you and I have no more conversation.

February 10, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

February 10, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Huh. The plus sign doesn't display.
    I wonder why.

February 10, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

Well thank you CNN. You screwed that one up.

February 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Oh, good, it's not me then...

February 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

Okay, it's time for a bobcat ewwww moment

Submitted by Dr. Leonard Kransdorf, Detroit, MI
    I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking up on a woman I asked, 'So how's your breakfast this morning?' It's very good, except for the Kentucky Jelly. I can't seem to get used to the taste,' the patient replied. I then asked to see the jelly and the woman produced a foil packet labeled 'KY Jelly.'

February 10, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

These by the way are in response to chrissys "Todays wierd news"

Submitted by Dr. Mark MacDonald, San Francisco
      A man comes into the ER and yells, 'My wife's going to have her babyin the cab!' I grabbed my stuff, rushed out to the cab, lifted the lady's dress, and began to take off her underwear. Suddenly I noticed that there were several cabs, and I was in the wrong one.

February 10, 2013 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Basil Fawlty

This is exactly how NAZI Germany started. A bunch of layabouts with nothing better to do but complain.

February 10, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. BOMBO

I don't want to start a firestorm, but the complaints of the average German layabout during that period were quite valid. Too bad they elected a psycho in their frustration.

February 10, 2013 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

MANY of the complaints. Certainly not ALL.

February 10, 2013 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |