Ex-girlfiend: Dorner was stressed out, bottled up
February 14th, 2013

Ex-girlfiend: Dorner was stressed out, bottled up

An ex-girlfriend of slain murder suspect Christopher Dorner said the former L.A. policeman worked in a pressure cooker and she was afraid he would target her after she heard he was the object of a manhunt.

"It was very scary, and, you know, I made a decision to speak out because if anything had happened to me, I'd want my family to at least have an idea about maybe who it was," Arianna Williams told CNN on Thursday.

Authorities say Dorner launched a guerrilla war against the Los Angeles Police Department over what he considered his unfair dismissal in 2009. He allegedly fatally shot four people and was killed in a fire at a cabin in Big Bear Lake, California, when he was cornered after a manhunt.

If she stayed silent, her family would never have known what happened to her, she said, though she noted that she wasn't singled out or named in the manifesto he wrote detailing his grievances.

Hearing that Dorner was a murder suspect shocked her, Williams said. But at the same time, she "sort of expected it" from the man she dated in 2006.

"When you have a profession where you worked your whole life to really obtain something, that level of success, and I think, when you go into that environment where everyone else is not, maybe, lined up with the way you believe and the way you think, after ... time ... the stress could probably wear on you," she said.

"I don't think it's in any way justifiable, someone going out and killing anyone because they're stressed out at work. There are ways and outlets of releasing stress. Chris, unfortunately, was one of those people, he bottled up a lot of his emotions and wasn't very good at expressing himself. "

Dorner is thought to have been proficient and comfortable with firearms.

"He would come over to my house and sometimes there would be firearms laying around. I just attribute that to him being a peace officer and protecting himself at that time, you know," she said. "There would just be, like, a firearm in the kitchen, there would be one by the bed. I guess just maybe for easier access in case something happened."

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. Live happy

Chris Dorner you will always be missed and remembered . Wish no killings were involved but I completely understand LAPD is corrupt and racist . Hopefully this will wake them up and change . You never been fired for what you did.

February 14, 2013 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
    • sharky

Oh that is nice. Killing 4 people that is all right they deserved it huh because poor poor Dorner.

February 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jesse James

I hope, that since LAPD reopened Dorners case, (lol) that they clear his name now.

February 14, 2013 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • sharky

He destroyed his own name now by killing people and targeting others.

February 16, 2013 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hawzer

Stressed out? Bottled up? You mean like everyone else? Gosh, what a big baby. You don't see me shooting people, do you?
    But so many of these people think they are above the law. Dorner fit right in by being an openly stupid brute who only went on a murderous rampage because he was no longer able to express his viciousness openly like the L.A.P.D. in beating poor people to death. Good times.

February 14, 2013 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bubba

I'm waiting to see if LAPD pays out the "One Million Dollar Reward" they promised. Or if that was just another government lie.

February 14, 2013 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • TTGR

They already declared the reward null and void because Dorner wasn't arrested or convicted. Guess where the money went? Yup.

February 14, 2013 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Oh? A MILLION reasons to burn the place down kill him and not take him alive..... hmmmm??... I think that's called motive...

They could have surrounded the house and negotiated with him for 5 days without burning the place down with a ""incendiary "" smoke grenades. Or just used non-incendiary smoke instead.... hmmmm makes you wonder doesn't it????

February 14, 2013 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And im waiting for proof solid proof of the whole damn mess.

February 14, 2013 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. Pete

Hearing that Dorner was a murder suspect shocked her, Williams said. But at the same time, she "sort of expected it"... This girl sounds like an idiot. Working with brutal racists and going out with bimbos is probably what ruined this man.

February 14, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

I am sure, that the Los Angeles Police Department as many fine black officers employed by them.so, I don't think they're in any rush to meet some sort of minority quota. Then, to stand back and call the Los Angeles Police Department racist? The way I look at it, they didn't even have to give Dorner a job in the first place.

February 14, 2013 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

I guess if you're not going postal, you are going to police-al.

February 14, 2013 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. ronvan

AMAZED & DUMBFOUNDED!! How anyone can show sympathy for a "MURDERER"!! YES, I can agree that the LAPD has ALOT of problems, actually a HISTORY of them. YES, I am interested in seeing IF the "reward" is paid out.
    YES, there are MANY questions that MUST be answered. NO, this cannot be a "we will investigate ourselves" Did you see the "briefing"? on TV? What a total joke and a complete waste of effort! Probably need to get their stories straight and organized?

February 14, 2013 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ray

i'm surprised nobody's mentioned "roid rage" (steroids) as a possible link to dorner's behavior!?every picture of his at least makes you wonder...

February 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Audie

She wanted her family to know, so she went to the press?? Okay, lady.

February 14, 2013 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bubba

They should make a law called: "Doroner's Law" the new whistle blowers law.

Cops can't investigate accusations made by other cops in their own department.

February 14, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • JAXEN

I'm so for "Doroner's Law"

April 1, 2013 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bazinga

And OJ, he be innocent, man!

February 14, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sly

Ho ho ho ... thank you police for saving me the taxpayer a whole lot of money feeding this fat confessed murderer for the next 50 years.

The dude jumped out the frying pan and into the fire ... pretty simple ... pretty common – suicide by cop.

Now, can we move on to an important newstory instead of just another story about a NRA and Tea Party anti-government cop?

February 14, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Chris Dorner Enterprises

Such a tender and considerate lover.

February 14, 2013 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |