February 23rd, 2013

Obama urges GOP to act on spending cuts

In another plea for congressional action, President Barack Obama on Saturday warned of the pitfalls should a series of automatic, across-the-board spending cuts go into effect late next week.

The president faulted Republicans for not acting and urged lawmakers to avert the crisis by drawing up a deficit-reduction plan that has both spending cuts and revenue.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama
  1. little mister©

Give me a ...B
    Give me an..A
    Give me an..R
    Give me an .A
    Give me a ...C
    Give me a ....k
    What does it spell?
    Say it again
    Barack! Go go. Fight fight win!!!!!!
    Yahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

February 23, 2013 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  2. little mister©

Dont mess with this lawyer.
    He will have U for breakfast

February 23, 2013 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. 1608

The GOP r still mad about the keystone pipeline. The many out weigh the needs of the few. Please screw your heads on, not us. I found that fact out on the pol-tic side.

February 23, 2013 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobdog93

Good luck with that President Obama. The GOP from day one have been intent on making you look bad, this seems like another oppurtunity. The GOP does not seem to care how they effect the economy or normal people.

February 23, 2013 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. little mister©

Thank u 1608 & bobdog93. Yes. The GOP & their supporters are baaaaad

February 23, 2013 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. Benn

Vodka + orange juice =scr.ew/driver

February 23, 2013 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • 1608®

Is that a new way of spelling Republican?

February 23, 2013 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. little mister©

Benn puhleeez. Not so early

February 23, 2013 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • little mister©

Yes 1608. I guess it is. Lol

February 23, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Did you hear that Congressmen would (according to them) take a pay cut, but they can't, because it's against the law?

February 23, 2013 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • 1608®

WOW just. WOW. I music be on Elm st, because this hour just became a nightmare. WOW.

February 23, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1608®

Offend, not a chance L that could happen. I was just a WOW moment coming from you.

February 23, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol. Well, I never claimed to be a saint, 1608. I don't usually resort to that kind of thing, but being nice to it didn't seem to have any affect.

February 23, 2013 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronvan

YEP! I wonder how many of our "elected children" passed that law? Must be soooo nice to protect yourself and screw everyone else!

February 24, 2013 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. 1608®

I MUST b on elm

February 23, 2013 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lol holy crap! @ banasy, wild the things you CAN post yet you cant post cons ti tution on here??

February 23, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I can post Constitution. It helps to know a little html.

February 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  11. 1608®

banasy© you do have the luck of the Irish. I can't even repeat cmn's own words.

February 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  12. 1608

CNN) – Washington firefighters who stood with President Barack Obama at a public appearance Tuesday are now under investigation by their department.

The firefighters joined the president at a news conference to illustrate the impact forced spending cuts would have on police officers, firefighters and other emergency responders.

What will they do next?

February 23, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Lol @ 1608, the GOP has no shame! And @ banasy, how come its against the law for them to take a paycut, but not for the rest of the whole free nation? Do they just make this stuff up as they go or what? Sheesh! And for the amount of work they DONT do i think a refund is in order! Meaning they should pay back all the wages theyve recieved thus far!

February 23, 2013 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronvan

chrissy: Absolutly right! HOW many business's allow themselves and their employees to work a week and take 3 off?
      Sure wish I could join this "nut house", I am already crazy so they wouldn't even notice me!

February 24, 2013 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. 1608

community organizer and President, let us not forget that very important point.

February 23, 2013 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Lol banasy i hope you were being sarcastic to me?

February 23, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |