Carbon monoxide killed 'Buckwild' star
Shain Gandee, a cast member of MTV's reality show 'Buckwild,' was found dead Monday in West Virginia.
April 2nd, 2013
04:34 PM ET

Carbon monoxide killed 'Buckwild' star

Shain Gandee, one of the stars of the MTV reality show "Buckwild," and two other people died of carbon monoxide poisoning, the sheriff's office in Kanawha County, West Virginia, said Tuesday.

The deaths, discovered Monday, were labeled as accidental, according to preliminary findings from an autopsy report.

Gandee, 21, was found dead in a vehicle along with his uncle, David Dwight Gandee, 48, and Donald Robert Myers, 27, authorities said. The vehicle was stuck in mud that covered its tailpipe, investigators said.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Showbiz • TV • U.S. • West Virginia
soundoff (4 Responses)
  1. banasy©

    Well, that's perfectly awful...

    April 2, 2013 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bt

    Isn't that a common danger that would be discussed before mudding?

    April 4, 2013 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. @@

    Why do you ask rhetorical questions?

    April 4, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cee

    I want to know what his blood alcohol level was! I don't know why the media has put such a positive spin on this story. I mean yes its tragic these 3 people lost there lives but come on they were all drinking till 3AM when this guy decides to get behind the wheel and drive them into a mud ditch and now not just himself but two other souls are lost and it seems like the media wants us to all feel sorry for him. If he was driving drunk than their should be a whole lot more outrage than their is.

    April 8, 2013 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |