April 5th, 2013

Friday's live events

Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage of the trial of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.  The trial is scheduled to resume on Monday, April 8.

Today's programming highlights...

9:15 am ET - Easter prayer breakfast - President Obama and Vice President Biden speak to faith leaders at an Easter prayer breakfast in Washington.

12:45 pm ET - White House briefing - The North Korea crisis and government spending will likely dominate discussion at the White House briefing in Washington.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Barack Obama • Crime • Joe Biden • Justice • Kim Jong Un • North Korea • On CNN.com today • Politics • World
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

A woman decided to have her portrait painted. She told the artist, "Paint me with diamond rings, a diamond necklace, emerald bracelets, a ruby broach, and gold Rolex."

"But you are not wearing any of those things," he replied.

"I know," she said. "It's in case I should die before my husband. I'm sure he will remarry right away, and I want his new wife to go crazy looking for the jewelry."

April 5, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Lol! Good morning, my dear Rawr!

April 5, 2013 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

Good Morning banasy

How are you this fine AM ?
    Just waiting on the next istallment of As Korea Turns.

April 5, 2013 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I'm fine, BC. And you?
      Yes, the shenanigans of The Chubby One, and the ensuing hysteria over the US "aggression", is holding me in thrall...as is the "school lunch" controversy, which has been taken completely wrong...

April 5, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. BOMBO

Wow, it didn't take long for the Monty Python "Funniest joke in the world" to get deleted. I guess the CNN mods didn't want anyone to die laughing.

April 5, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

What did I say wrong?

April 5, 2013 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Are you over the CNN every-changing word count? The one we have to keep guessing at?

April 5, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

I posted the "funniest joke ever" from Monty Python. It stayed there for maybe two minutes before it got deleted.

I see the Hitler response is still there though.

April 5, 2013 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

I posted the fatal WWII joke from Monty Python. It got deleted.

April 5, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

Perhaps CNN was concerned about the harm it would do.

April 5, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

LOL! Love me some Python. CNN probably didn't want this blog to further lose posters...

April 5, 2013 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO

Hitler: My dog's got no nose.
    Crowd: How does he smell?
    Hitler: Terrible.

April 5, 2013 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Ba Da Bhoomp Chinnnngggg

April 5, 2013 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. BOMBO

I will not buy this record, it is scratched.

April 5, 2013 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Good morning folks.
    lol@Bombo@ bobcat

April 5, 2013 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

Three elderly ladies were at the doctor for a cognitive reasoning test.The doctor says to the first gal, "What is three times three?" "297," was her prompt reply. "Ummm humm," says the doc.The doctor says to the second lady, "It's your turn now. What is three times three?" "Friday," replies the second lady. "Ummm humm..."Then the doc says to the third, "Okay, mam, your turn. What's three times three?""Nine," she says. "That's wonderful!" says the doc. "Tell me, how did you get that?""Simple," she says, beaming... "I subtracted 297 from Friday!"

April 5, 2013 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

"As Korea Turns" is now deemed not the soap it has always been.
    US moves Chemical Battalion to S.Korea as North moves its missiles.

April 5, 2013 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

Good afternoon saywhat

The movement of the chemical battalion in S. Korea would fall under the category of contingency planning. Given the tensions that are present on the penninsula at this time, it is very wise that any scenario is planned for. Hostilities may or may not erupt, but it is better to be prepared than caught with your pants down.

April 5, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

While leading the Friday evening services, the Rabbi noticed a member of the congregation, Bernie, walk in with a St. Bernard dog. The Rabbi, horrified, asked the Cantor to continue the service and went to talk to Bernie. Rabbi: "What are doing here with a dog?" Bernie: "The dog came here to pray." "Oh, come on." says the Rabbi. "YES!" says Bernie. Rabbi: "I don't believe you. You are just fooling around; that's not a proper thing to do in temple." Bernie: "Its true!".. "Ok", says the Rabbi, "then show me what the dog can do." "OK" says Bernie nodding to the dog...The dog proceeds to open up the barrel under his neck and removes a yarmulke, a tallis (puts them on his head) and prayer book and actually starts saying prayers in Hebrew! The Rabbi is so shocked he listens for a full 15 minutes. When the Rabbi regains his composure, he is so impressed with the quality of the praying he says to Bernie. "Do you think your dog would consider going to Rabbinical school????" Bernie, throwing up his hands in disgust says, "YOU TALK TO HIM! He wants to be a doctor!"

April 5, 2013 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. saywhat

As you would @bobcat "boom boom la de da" & so forth.
    lol

April 5, 2013 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lol, turn around @ bambi and you will find him im sure. And ty @ bobcat, lmao.

April 5, 2013 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

good afternoon to you too@bobcat &hi@chrissy.
    News coming in"N.Korea loads two missiles into launchers".

April 5, 2013 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

Why have things been allowed to come to this?
    Could Un have been engaged & tackled differently when new leadership emerged in the North?

April 5, 2013 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

Did world powers fail somehow in getting a concerted effort going to get the North act differently?

April 5, 2013 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Isn't US intervention being frowned upon right now? This was the vibe I got from commenters.

April 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

But then, I agree that the US isn't the only world power.

April 5, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |