April 15th, 2013

Monday's live events

Watch CNN.com Live for gavel-to-gavel coverage of the trial of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.

Today's programming highlights...

12:30 pm ET - Jodi Arias murder trial - Trial resumes in Phoenix in the case of Jodi Arias, who's accused of killing her ex-boyfriend in 2008.

2:00 pm ET - Senate back in session - Gun control and immigration will trop debate as senators return to Capitol Hill after their weekend recess.

2:00 pm ET - Family of suicide victim speak out - The family of a California high school student who killed herself after she was allegedly sexually assaulted will speak with reporters.

2:05 pm ET - 'Roll Tide' at the White House - Nick Saban is becoming quite the White House visitor.  The Alabama Crimson Tide football coach brings his team to Washington for the third time in four years to celebrate their BCS national title with the president.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Justice • On CNN.com today
  1. chrissy

Lol @ Rascal, please, please, please do! And this is the never endind trial isnt it? Its been going on since right after the election! And wiy do they think we give 2 hoots about it anyway?

April 15, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Lol bambi, the other day he said he was in his mothers basement eating cheetos and playing on the internet, same as always. Go down there and look.

April 15, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Hamsta

Today is officially Obama day!!!! Make sure you celebrate by not being late with your taxes while he celebrates by HOPING he can empty all the CHANGE from your pockets!!!!!

April 15, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hamsta

I recently saw a liscense plate from Washington D.C., it read TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. Then it struck me as to why the White House demonizes the Tea Party after I looked at my taxes and realized Washington D.C. doesn't represent you unless you are gay, on food stamps, black, an illegal immigrant or all of the above.

April 15, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

O.K@Hamsta , now we get it, you are none of those you mention.

April 15, 2013 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

As Hamsta mentioned, today is tax day. But did you ever notice that when you put together the words THE and IRS, they spell "THEIRS" ?

April 15, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

If a lawyer and an IRS agent were both drowning, and you could only save one of
    them, would you: (1) go to lunch or (2) read the paper?

April 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@bobcat, perfect timing, I just finished my taxes. Boo Hoo IRS!!! I would eat lunch on that joke.

April 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Lol @ bobcat. And @ hamsta, are you always gonna be a hater? April 15th has been tax day since before President Obama was born. GET OVER IT ALREADY dudley downer!

April 15, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Enclosed you will find my 2006 tax return showing that I owe
    $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note the attached article from the USA
    Today newspaper, dated 12 November, wherein you will see the
    Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying
    $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six
    (6) hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot,
    bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00. Please apply the
    overpayment of $22.00 to the “Presidential Election Fund,” as
    noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them
    one (1) 1.5″ Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from
    USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for
    1.5″ Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for your
    convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look
    forward to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,

A Satisfied Taxpayer

April 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

probably do both @bobcat.lol

April 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

And all those things you mentioned hamsta convinces me, you really are a bigoted racist. I can only imagine how you would be if we get a female prez. And god help her if shes black too!

April 15, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hamsta

Oh yeah I can't use the race card because i'm a white taxpaying man with a job. Who's the racist?

April 15, 2013 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

Income tax is Uncle Sam's version of "Truth or Consequences."

April 15, 2013 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

A man, called to testify at the IRS, asked his accountant for advice on what to wear. "Wear your shabbiest clothing. Let him think you are a pauper."
    Then he asked his lawyer the same question, but got the opposite advice. "Do not let them intimidate you. Wear your most elegant suit and tie.
    Confused, the man went to his rabbi, told him of the conflicting advice, and requested some resolution of the dilemma.
    "Let me tell you a story," replied the rabbi. "A woman, about to be married, asked her mother what to wear on her wedding night. 'Wear a heavy, long, flannel nightgown that goes right up to your neck.' But when she asked her best friend, she got conflicting advice: 'Wear your most se xy negligee, with a V neck right down to your navel.
    The man protested, "What does all this have to do with my problem with the IRS?"
    "No matter what you wear, you are going to get screwed."

April 15, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

Another winner from @bc! I delivered your message to Arizona and she was delighted. I am going there soon since her 21st birthday is coming up at the end of this month.

April 15, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |