FBI releases video showing bombing suspects
April 18th, 2013

FBI releases video showing bombing suspects

A short video released by the FBI on Thursday shows two suspects in Monday's Boston Marathon attack walking single file on a sidewalk along the race route.

The video was released Thursday as investigators asked for the public's help in identifying the two men.

One of the two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings left a bag believed to contain one of the explosives outside the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street in the city, FBI Special Agent in Charge Richard DesLauriers said. The bag was dropped there "within minutes" of the explosions, he added.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: FBI • Justice
  1. s kel

Two persons huh? Look at them closely.

April 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jersey Joe

Oh right... photo shop...lol

April 18, 2013 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • VM

It would appear as though there is a 3rd personn in yellow following them as well.

April 18, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@s kel,FBI better gettem before Bostons finest does or they may be 50lbs heavier with lead in their butts in body bags and that's being polite ...Boston will screw with them and some cops don't like it when local people they know have been injured,killed especially if its by these two guys they're looking for are foriegners than its anything goes..

April 18, 2013 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shawn presnall

they seem to have the same jacket on.

April 18, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sina

Dress shoes ..... European

April 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

I thought the same thing when I saw the dress shoes.

April 18, 2013 at 8:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Shawn presnall

Seen that to the bag also looked big.

April 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. crusty grundle

Why would someone with a supposedly heavy backpack carry it only on one shoulder?

April 18, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shawn presnall

There was a fox zipper melted in one of the photos with the BB's & Nails Fox as in the Fox racing the bag looks like a fox bag.

April 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Vital lead.

April 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Hope these are indeed the perps.They can't hide now.

April 18, 2013 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. linda

What about the girl in yellow?

April 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. SW

My comment is just an observation. While everyone is probably thinking that these terrorists are either Middle Eastern or homegrown American, I took a good look at terrorist #1 hiding under his hat. I think this guy looks like he could be a North Korean. His nose and features look Asian to me. What does everyone else think? The 2nd guy looks of a mixed race and that's probably why he's not afraid to show his face. Don't forget, North Korea was threatening to make good on their threats this week...

April 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • DC

I agree with SW. The person called suspect #1 in the black hat definitely looks of Asian descent to me as well. Also is probably why he wears sunglasses to cover the obvious. I would be very surprised if this observation in incorrect.

April 18, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jeff

Girl in yellow seems to be following them...with backpack

April 18, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pacific23

Agreed, why is she not part of the story?

April 18, 2013 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kiwi

I agree a few others have mentioned the girl in the yellow top, I suspect there maybe other footage ruling her out in some way. Also the guy in white shoes in the doorway appears to watch the 2 suspects then clearly puts earpiece in his left air and makes a call or comment?

April 18, 2013 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tiffany

I wouldn't be surprised if there are other individuals involved that are somewhere in the audience. Wondering if they had the white hat and black hat so other people in their clan could identify them. Just a thought. Although, a lot of people had hats on that day. Ya never know. My gut feeing tells me that there has to be more involved.

April 18, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ronvan

Right now who knows? Still they are making progress. I actually hope there is no NK connection as it would result is a war! Other than that if they catch them, and they are the ones, just make them dissapear and be done with it!

April 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tom

Seriously, a wounded Saudi national with burns on hands was tackled by a person immediately after bomb went off. The Saudi national was taken to a hospital and under heavy protection. He was not labelled a suspect, yet his apartment in Revere was searched and investigators left home with three large bags of belongings. Not one journalist has reported about the hero/villain who tackled the Saudi national. Who was this person? Did he witness something that caused him to react in such a heroic manner? Did he jump to conclusions that caused him to attack an innocent wounded survivor? Why don't you or me know anything about this hero/villain? Does CNN investigate and report the news free of governmental influence? I demand free press! Maybe we should be supporting Wikileaks.

April 18, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. s kel

They look Irish to me., IRA?

April 18, 2013 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |