April 22nd, 2013

Monday's live events

Watch CNN.com Live for continuing coverage of the investigation and fallout from the fatal bombings at the Boston Marathon.

Today's programming highlights...

The Jodi Arias trial resumes on Tuesday, April 23

12:00 pm ET - White House briefing - The Boston Marathon bombings, gun control and immigration will likely dominate discussion at today's briefing in Washington.

2:25 pm ET - White House Science Fair - Student winners of science, technology, engineering and math competitions from across the nation gather at the White House for an event hosted by President Obama.

2:50 pm ET - Boston observes moment of silence - Bells across Boston will ring as the city pauses to remember the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Post by:
Filed under: Boston • Crime • Justice • Massachusetts • On CNN.com today • Politics • Terrorism • U.S.
  1. Mary

@ all, consider NOT instantaneously accepting what is presented in front of you by our Government and or the FBI... The following is from a person I ran across on FB this morning

April 22, 2013 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

Author of this post will remain private as I would not want to respect her privacy.
    "When I woke up this morning and rushed to the television, I saw the name of “suspect #2.” Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. I recognized the name. I looked at the blurry picture. Couldn’t be him. Couldn’t be that little boy that I taught ten years ago.

April 22, 2013 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Yes, @Mary, ten years ago he would have been 9. This is a common reaction from people, re: "The Stranger Beside Me."

April 22, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

There was a lot more to the post @ banasy, Yet Cnn chooses to block me.

April 22, 2013 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

@ Cnn 🙁 Why am I even trying ... Good day all

April 22, 2013 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving to Fox soon"

I for one have first hand experienced the underhanded, kiniving, back-stabbing, identity-stealing, blog erasing, ethnic based deletions, political based deletions, and partial or total loss of Freedom of Speech here on CNN blogs. It's hate mongering completely defies thier own community guidlines, which aren't followed except by very good bloggers. And even very good bloggers, no matter what side of the issue thier on get violated in every sense of the word. I could go on and on, but I know in a positive way I can bide my time other ways.

April 22, 2013 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

How did you get that all posted, Jeff Frank? I can't even get more than three sentences to post.

April 22, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@banasy,sorry for you as well if you mistook my posts today..I don't remember saying or pointing to you or anyone in the gang as stated earlier..My apologies if I offended you or chrissy,s kel or you my friend,take care and have a great day...

April 22, 2013 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@banasy,sorry they deleted my correction..Sorry to you I meant and I mean it!!

April 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving to Fox soon"

Funny you should ask that my dear. I don't really know the answer to your question. But what I do know, is that I didn"t see my above comment appear for almost one hour after I depressed the "post" button. As if someone stopped to read it first, then decided to let it pass.

April 22, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Righ Wing Insanity" NO COMMENT

"This Just Deleted"

April 22, 2013 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving To Foxnews" NO COMMENT

"This Just Deleted Too"

April 22, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

yes@Jeff
    Its getting to the point of absurdity.It doesn't happen on other blogs.

April 22, 2013 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@saywhat,mine was deleted I think as well..Maybe they're looking here for terrorists as well with all these hateful,radical consrvatives,right like Bubba,freedom and others including ole Donna the sicko!!!

April 22, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Pete

Said on another site that the big brother might have led the younger brother into this and yes it happens all the time...Younger brothers always look up to their older ones for guidence,affection and just being buds you can turn to at a moments notice knowing most times they're there without reservations...This older brother as time went by had changed and after investigating it seems to have grown radical and coached his brother knowing he'd follow him anywhere,that's normal because its trust whether its ethical or not basicly the blind leading the blind so to speak...A real shame when he was questions even as close as a couple of months ago by the authorities and nothing there showed any thing positive for terrorist ties or aspirations of being one with a group or a lone wolf of sorts..I'd like to know if Russia knew more about this than they want to say and why wasn't he detained in Russia when he went overseas on one of his trips, maybe with the attitude of Putin saying better them as America than us in Russia right!!

April 22, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Wth are you talking about @ Pe te???

April 22, 2013 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Surely you are NOT talking about banasy? Or rather you better not be!

April 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Chrissy I thought the same thing.

April 22, 2013 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@chrissy,I'm sorry if you misread my post and no nothing about any of you all.Just the ones you, s kel,banasy and myself run into on these sites who disagree with us..Sorry if you read it that way ,my apologies if you did,I'll write more correctly next time..Take care,thanks..

April 22, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

And, as usual, I cannot get a reply to saywhat posted. These games are freaking tedious.

April 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

CNN: making sure nobody wants to view/visit.

April 22, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

Tedious is being too nice!

April 22, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

Dzhokhar has been charged with using WMDs.

April 22, 2013 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |