House OKs measure to end controller furloughs
April 26th, 2013

House OKs measure to end controller furloughs

[Updated at 12:58 p.m. ET] In rare bipartisan accord, normally quarrelsome U.S. lawmakers passed a measure designed to end budget-related air traffic controller furloughs blamed for widespread flight delays.

The House of Representatives approved the legislation, capping a major congressional initiative as delays snarled traffic at airports. The House vote comes a day after unanimous approval by the U.S. Senate.

The measure - which is expected to be signed into law by President Obama - gives the Transportation Department budget planners new flexibility for dealing with forced spending cuts.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Air travel • Aviation • Barack Obama • Budget • Congress • Consumer safety • District of Columbia • Economy • FAA • Jobs • Labor • Politics • Travel
  1. Opps

Lookit how tiny that plane is! That building must be a mile tall!. Wow!

April 26, 2013 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  2. rupert

To: the lawmakes of the united states of america in regards to flight delays:
    DUH!

@opps. Da plane! Da plane!

April 26, 2013 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. rupert

I dont wanna go to work today.think I will stay home and post all day.
    Watch tv & drink beer with hamsta.

April 26, 2013 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  4. Pete

It's funny how this sequester deal is not panning out with everyone closing house and republicans the ones responsible almost unanimously voting in both houses on it now being mum...Hey guys it was your idiot in Reagan ,a union card holding expresident of the actors union who fired all these union air traffic controllers back in the 80s,what arrogence,what hypocracy,those republicans the ignorent party of NO!!Can't wait till 2014,come on midterms!!!

April 26, 2013 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Cut backs in essential services, education & health care should be outlawed. Its dole outs to other nations especially in military spending , unproductive global bases , spending on misadventures and failed interventions which need to stop.

April 26, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. stuart

Too much gov waste. I agree with saywhat

April 26, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Amen @ saywhat and @ Pete! Particularly the foreign aid part! That needs to stop immediately!

April 26, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jim

Hey CNN, why aren't you running anything about this story anywhere? "A jury in South Bend, Indiana has found that fraud put President Obama and Hillary Clinton on the presidential primary ballot in Indiana in the 2008 election." ?? What a big Suprise !

April 26, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Indiana didn't vote for Obama anyway...and ballot machinations happen all over...both paries are unsavory when it comes to this. Look at the recent elections.

April 26, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

Jim you dog, your party writes and publishes mannuals on how to cheat , lie, miscount, and totally use frauds on elections! Yes yourrrrr GOP party.

April 26, 2013 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Ah, the hijinks of our elected Congress. Fun stuff. Not.

April 26, 2013 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • rupert

@s kel & banasy. K. M. A. & do my errands
      Jeff frank, whom are u talking about,dude???

April 26, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Rupert, quit being a PITA and get off of your lazy duff and do your own.

April 26, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Moving to Fox soon"

Voted, the biggest welfare recipient in history, at a whoppin' $400, 000 a year. You know in his case, he doesn't file 1040EZ. QUALIFIED: Over 13 years old. Cannot read or write. No birth certificate (hatched). His Republican counterparts pay thier own mortgages. They also pay his mortgage. You need urgent care? He'll make sure you'll be seen 6 months. I'm gonna drop my $200/mo. cell carrier, so I can get my own free phone to make money under the table, sell my food stamps for liquor and dope. It's all there waiting for me.

April 26, 2013 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Zzzzzzz...wha? Huh? Oh, that TP garbage. Yeah, about that...lies.....here's a quote from one of our greatest..."Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."

April 26, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • ronvan

Jeff (moving to fox soon) NOT SOON ENOUGH!! But did go to fox and you should be happy to know that the same stupid comments are there also.

April 27, 2013 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Huh. 38? Did you tell us all you were in your late 50's? With an ailing wife and two kids who were having their share of problems, also? Will the real Jeff Frank please stand up?

April 27, 2013 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. ronvan

Hello.
    Im ronvan. I use to have a full set of hair. Then by age 32 I was bald. Then I started using Rogain. Now I have a full set of hair.
    Thanks Rogain. And remember, I'm not only the president, but I'm a client.

April 27, 2013 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

Why not the English eqivalent: John?

April 27, 2013 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I don't really know s kel. My guess? They start the new stories on Monday * if news is slow* . I guess it is slow for now.
      What's your guess?

April 27, 2013 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

My guess is that you imitate very poorly.

April 27, 2013 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

What's the difference between a Northern and a Southern Fairy Tale?

The Norther Fairy Tale begins with "Once upon a time..." The Southern Fairy Tale begins with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this sh it..."

April 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Yankee walks into a bar in Alabama and orders a cosmopolitan. The bartender looks at the man and says, "You're not from 'round here are ya?"

"No" replies the man, "I'm from New Hampshire." The bartender looks at him and says, "Well what do you do in New Hampshire?"

"I'm a taxidermist," says the man. The bartender looks bewildered, so the man explains, "I mount dead animals."

The bartender stands back and hollers to the whole bar, "It's OK, boys! He's one of us!"

April 27, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Redneck buys a ticket and wins the lottery. He goes to Austin to claim it where the man verifies his ticket number.

The Redneck says, "I want my $20 million."

To which the man replied, "No sir. It doesn't work that way. We give you a million today, and then you'll get the rest spread out for the next 19 years.

The Redneck said, "I want all my money RIGHT now! I won it, and I want it."

Again the man patiently explains that he would only get a million that day and the rest during the next 19 years.

The Redneck, furious with the man, screams out, "Look, I WANT MY MONEY!! If you're not going to give me my $20 million right now, THEN I WANT MY DOLLAR BACK!"

April 27, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |