April 28th, 2013

Gotta Watch: Best White House Correspondents' Dinner zingers

All presidents have to put up with a daily barrage of jokes at their expense, but it's not too often that they get to turn the tables. The White House Correspondents' Dinner, unofficially dubbed "nerd prom," offers one of those rare opportunities. President Obama finally got to let loose and make some jabs at a captive room of reporters, politicians, and celebrities. Check out some of our favorite zingers from the president and host Conan O'Brien.

Obama rips on GOP

President Obama looked like he enjoyed bringing up last year's election to his right-wing opponents. See his jab at the GOP, and watch Newt Gingrich's reaction.

Obama lets his hair down

First lady Michelle Obama's bangs seemed to get more publicity than the president got when she debuted her look in January. See the president hop on the bandwagon.

Hollywood Look-alikes

Conan O'Brien describes Washington's movie doppelgangers. See which D.C. power players he says look like Grandpa Munster, tan mom, and Ralphie from "A Christmas Story."

Obama roasts himself

President Obama turns his jokes on himself, saying he's not "the strapping young Muslim socialist" that he used to be. Hear him descibe his "rookie mistakes."

Conan checks CNN

Correspondents' Dinner Host Conan O'Brien rips into CNN and its ratings. See Piers Morgan react when he's called out by name.

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch
  1. Bubba

No surprise....he's a joker.

April 28, 2013 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

George W. Bush walks into a bar and says, "Hey, friend, can I have a beer?"
    The bartender replies, "Nope."
    Angered, Bush finds the bar's manager and complains.
    The manager takes the bartender into the back for a talk, then returns after a minute.
    "Sorry, Mr. President," the manager states, "but there's nothing I can do. You addressed him as 'friend.'"
    Shocked, Bush cries, "What does that have to do with anything?"
    The manager replies, "Everybody knows that friends of yours don't have to serve."

April 28, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Todays Quirky News: New research shows the earths core is hotter than previously expected. But not as hot as George Clooney! 😉

April 28, 2013 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

President Barack Obama, the son of a goat herder from Kenya and a white woman from Kansas, is wrapping up a wildly successful tour of his father's homeland.
    Said Obama, "I want to show Kenyans that, in America, you can be successful even if your mother was born in Kansas."

April 28, 2013 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

A Republican, a Libertarian, and a Democrat are seated separately in a restaurant when a poor man walks in; unbeknownst to any of them, it is Jesus.

The Republican summons the waiter and asks him to serve the poor man the best food in the house and put it on his tab; the waiter does so. The Libertarian asks the waiter to please serve the poor man iced tea and to put it on his tab. The waiter does so. The Democrat then asks the waiter to bring the poor man pecan pie with ice cream and to put it on his tab.

When Jesus is finished eating, He goes over to the Republican and says, "I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat. Thank you. I see you are blind." and He touches the man's eye, and it is healed.

Jesus then goes over to the Libertarian and says, "I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink. Thank you. I see you have a bad arm." and He touches the man's arm, and it is healed.

Then Jesus walks over to the Democrat. The Democrat moves far back from Jesus and exclaims, "Don't touch me!! I'm on 100% disability!!"

April 28, 2013 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

A teacher in California asked her class, "How many of you are Republicans?"
    Everyone in the class raised their hands except for one girl. "Mary," the teacher inquired, "Why didn't you raise your hand?"
    "Because I'm not a Republican," she replied. "I'm a Democrat."
    The teacher asked her, "Why are you a Democrat?"
    And Mary said, "Well, my mother and my father are both Democrats, so I'm a Democrat, too."
    "Well," said the teacher in an annoyed tone, "That's no reason why you have to be a Democrat. You don't always have to be like your parents. What if your parents were both criminals?"
    "Then," Mary said, "We'd be Republicans."

April 28, 2013 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

Is this the for real Victoria ? It's been so long and so many hijackers, it's hard to tell.

April 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Hey@bobcat.You are on a roll today my friend.
    @chrissy.lol

April 28, 2013 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

I'll be convinced if you can tell me about the two test tickles.

April 28, 2013 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

There is a lot of ruckus on the suspicion that small amount of sarin may have been used in Syria.By whom? Is hard to ascertain.
    And a lot of noise on Syria "crossing the red line".

April 28, 2013 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello saywhar
    How are you doing my friend ? I thought I would add some of my own political humor. Just so I would be on topic, you know.

April 28, 2013 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

Israeli military announced on Friday that they will not use White Phosphorous banned under Int.law on population any more. They have been using this chemical in their weaponry on populated areas of Gaza for years.

April 28, 2013 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

more than three lines and red flags go up.

April 28, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

Outstanding. It is so good to hear from you. How have you been doing ?

April 28, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

I'm a tad confused folks.

April 28, 2013 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |