May 6th, 2013

Bride-to-be, 4 friends die in limo fire

The white stretch Lincoln was headed across San Francisco Bay, carrying the bride-to-be and eight of her friends for a bachelorette party.

Five of them, including the bride, never made it across.

Somewhere on the seven-mile San Mateo-Hayward bridge, the limousine caught fire. The driver and four members of the bachelorette party got out, but the bride - identified by a relative as 31-year-old Neriza Fojas - and four others died in the burning limo Saturday night, the California Highway Patrol said.

"The flames were gigantic," said Roxanne Guzman, who was crossing the bridge with her husband and brother about 10 p.m. Saturday (1 a.m. Sunday ET). "The flames were so big and radiating so much heat that I could feel the heat off of my face, and I was in my car the entire time."

FULL STORY

Filed under: California
  1. chrissy

Wow! Burns are the most painful thing in the world, second to nothing! These poor people to be burned alive while conscious, unimaginable! My heart goes out to the families. And especially to those that survived and witnessed this! May God give them peace!!!!

May 6, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. Portland tony

Most limo(s) are after market products with a. Welded center section put in by God knows who? They pass no safety check, crash tests, and are lucky if they even have seat belts, let alone air bags! Jeez good luck!

May 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Trollin again jeffrey?

May 6, 2013 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

I just sent the Cnn tech a heads up on the blogs visuals folks. Not sure what's going on here ;(

May 6, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

tragedy in its acutest form Happiest day of her life & friends ending this horribly.

May 6, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

Not sure what the deal is with my office screen but the print appears in pink on the blog site.

May 6, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

This is such a sad thing. My condolences to all of the families of the victims.

May 6, 2013 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

You are disgusting @ Tort Lawyer aka jeffrey! KNOCK IT OFF and show some respect!

May 6, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Thank you to whoever got the trash removed.

May 6, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sandy

My condolences to the family but the interview with the limo driver was the worst! When you close your eyes what is the most horrible thing you remember? What type of nonsense reporting is that, the limo driver was willing to speak and once again CNN milked it for nothing. Brooke I cannot believe you kept that man on asking questions that offered no insight into accident . Of course the man is obviously shaken after the horrific experience maybe CNN should stop trying to play law enforcement and stick to reporting the facts!!!!!!

May 6, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Rascal Rabble

dang...dang...dang! need to seriously look at that limosine company, driver policy and practice...seem like the victims could not opened the door from the inside...driver may have had the children safety aka drunk passengers lock-on...mmmm, so only the skinny people got out??? dry them tears...time to sue...driver not shaken playin stupid...

May 6, 2013 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Monty Python

Stretch limos are death traps. Get a mini bus – you can actually walk around in those. Or just a super large (not stretch) SUV, for your party groups. Crawling out of a stretch limo in an emergency situation, is almost impossible folks. Comfort is over rated too.

May 6, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. that guy

I hear those chicks were hot.

May 7, 2013 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Hey that guy, how are you going to feel if one of the family members read your post? Or what if it were one of YOUR family members and some idiot said that. Be respectful ok.

May 7, 2013 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  15. lusuryfastride

Remember to explain to me that you're heading to hold this up! Its so good and so crucial. I cant wait around to read far more from you. I just feel like you know so much and know how to make men and women listen to what you have to say. This site is just also amazing to be missed. Excellent things, genuinely. You should, Please hold it up!

May 7, 2013 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |