IRS leader ousted amid scandal
Obama said, "Americans have a right to be angry about it, and I'm angry about it,"
May 15th, 2013

IRS leader ousted amid scandal

President Barack Obama vowed Wednesday to hold accountable those at the Internal Revenue Service involved in the targeting of conservative groups applying for federal tax-exempt status, beginning with the resignation of the agency's acting commissioner who was aware of the practice.

In a brief statement delivered to reporters in the East Room of the White House, the president announced that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had requested - and accepted - the resignation of acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller.

The president said the "misconduct" detailed in the IRS Inspector General's report released Tuesday over the singling out of conservative groups is "inexcusable."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Politics • Tea Party
  1. Mary

@ Troll of saywhat, I dare you to come get a whiff my can of "Troll Spray" on my FB page ... lol 😉
    Mary Hecht Rochester NY

May 16, 2013 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hamsta

I don't need a troll to speak for me, I don't associate with liberals. Liberal double standards infuriate me, they want to talk about how the rich man doesn't pay their fair share and how rich people get unfair tax breaks while liberals get unfair tax breaks and don't pay their fair share every time they claim their kids. Giving the rich man a tax break kewps me with a job, a roof over my head and a meal on the table.. What does giving a liberal who has kids a tax break do for me? Answer? Take food from my plate, keeps me in a bad neighborhood for cheap rent, and makes me work harder. So who is being treated unfairly? Me and every other hard working American that has to pay for these BAD IDEAS liberal socialists come up with.

May 16, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

who cares what you think .the less traitors in this country that hate for hates sake and are sick racists. The better off this nation is.

May 17, 2013 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

@ s kel, I'm more interested in what Hamsta has to say in this marketplace of ideas than what you have to say. Well analyzed and supported by fact, Hamsta's opinions are persuasive. You, on the other hand, drivel endless talking points and resort to ad hominem defamation quickly which is quite characteristic of most of your political bent. I can easily imagine you wielding your bureaucratic authoritarian power trip working for the IRS persecuting others.

May 17, 2013 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. GW

Any one curious what he will get during his retirement now that Mr. President has made him accountable? What a joke.

May 16, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

The troll is running rampant today! @ Mary i would NEVER call any woman a broad, especially a friend!

May 16, 2013 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

Thanks for the heads up @ chrissy 🙂

May 16, 2013 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol i woulda hoped you wouldve guessed that.

May 16, 2013 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

But he is doing his level best to pit us against each other alot lately aint he?

May 16, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Hamsta

if not liking muslums because they wear towels on their heads in scarves on their face like a terrorist so you can identify them makes someone racist what about that black man who doesn't like people that wear white sheets? Is he a racist? Or is he the victim? Another fine example of liberal double standards ( hypocrisy ).

May 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Hamsta

First liberal say there's no jobs, but when confronted about their ignorant policies they say that there is a worker shortage. More liberal double standards ( hypocrisy ).

May 16, 2013 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

And yes, I know I'm not in blue.....but it's me. Text me, D.

May 16, 2013 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • s kel

hello all, except the right wingers on here, have a good day.

May 17, 2013 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

The troll is everywhere.

May 16, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Hamsta

I smell the repeal of Obamacare, better yet I smell the dem wits being kicked out of congress in 2014. Still better I smell impeachment. Best of all I smell criminal charges on hillary. If you smellllllll..... what Hamsta is cooking!

May 16, 2013 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. dazzle ©

What is cooking at Hamstas this evening?

May 16, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

I think hes cookin up crack and the fumes are gettin to him!

May 16, 2013 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Hamsta

When liberals start insulting and accusing that just means they are sore losers. All that hatred they threw at the Tea Party, republicans and conservatives was all a guilty conscience. It's obvious who the radical extremist criminals are now. Thomas Jefferson warned you about them.

May 16, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |