First on CNN: House investigators questioning IRS Cincinnati workers
May 30th, 2013

First on CNN: House investigators questioning IRS Cincinnati workers

House investigators are interviewing two front-line Internal Revenue Service employees from the Cincinnati tax exempt office this week in Washington, and plan to interview two others next week, two congressional sources familiar with the investigation tell CNN.

House investigators are hoping these IRS employees will shed light on exactly why tea party and other conservative groups were inappropriately targeted for excess scrutiny when applying for tax exempt status.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics
  1. chrissy

@ Jeff Frank, there have been times when JR has jacked your name. And as for the bloated government, i do agree BUT it has been bloated for a very, very long time. And many of the people in our government have gotten quite comfortable in their positions and believe they can just do whatever they wish because of that! Which is why we need term limits. They need to realise the work FOR the citizens not the reverse.

May 31, 2013 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Meant to say "they" work for

May 31, 2013 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

We could greatly reduce the national debt bu removing the tax-exempt status of churches.

May 31, 2013 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Yep that too @ Joey. But most people wouldnt agree to it im bettin.

May 31, 2013 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pete

Don't people realize any group with a name associated with tea is going to get questioned,remember the Boston Tea Party ,real Americans do!!IRS,have fun auditing them and go gettem Eric Holder,Issa ,republicans deserve it!!

May 31, 2013 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

So there was this female business executive who was late for a meeting.
    She is going 65 on a street where the speed limit is 40.
    A cop pulls her over and says “ma’am, can I please see your license?”
    She says “I’m sorry, officer, but I got it revoked two years ago for drunk driving.”
    His brow furrows and he straightens up. “Well, can I please see the registration of your car?”
    She says “I stole the car and I killed the driver; he’s in the trunk.”
    “Ma’am, DON’T MOVE, I’m calling for backup.”
    He mutters furiously into his walkie-talkie…
    Five minutes later, half the squad pulls up, the Chief of Police walks over to the woman’s window.
    “Ma’am, can I see your license?” he asks sternly.
    “Of course, officer,” she smiles demurely and pulls out a license from her purse.
    He squints warily at it. “This looks legitimate,” he mumbles.
    “Can I see the registration to this car?”
    She pulls it out of the glove compartment and hands it to him.
    “Ma’am, stand back!”
    He bangs open the trunk of the car and flinches: but it was completely empty…
    The woman brandishes a finger at the first cop and says accusingly, “And I’ll bet that liar told you I was speeding too!!”

May 31, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hamsta

This just proves liberals are treasonous traitors.

May 31, 2013 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@Hamsta,talk about treasonistic as well as racists,bigots in republicans,especially guys who date crocs in Louisiana...Hamsta go back to the swamp your girlfriends croking for yah,mating season ha!!

May 31, 2013 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

A new arrival, about to enter hospital, saw two white coated doctors searching through the flower beds.

"Excuse me," he said. "Have you lost something?"

"No," replied one of the doctors. "We're doing a heart transplant for an income-tax inspector and want to find a suitable stone."

May 31, 2013 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Under the Freedom of Information Act, a man with a small
    business sent a request to the IRS asking if they had a file
    on him. The IRS wrote back, "There is now."

May 31, 2013 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

Why is it that when the IRS loses a tax return, it is
    considered a mistake, but when you lose a receipt, it is
    considered tax evasion?

May 31, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

The door bell, rings, and a man answers it. Here stands this plain but well dressed kid, saying, "Trick or Treat!" The man asks the kids what he is dressed up like for Halloween. The kid replies, "I'm an IRS agent." Then he takes 40 percent of the man's candy, leaves, and doesn't say thank you.

May 31, 2013 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

The IRS decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to the IRS office.

The IRS auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his
    attorney.

The auditor said, 'Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, Which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I'm not sure the IRS finds that believable.'

I'm a great gambler, and I can prove it,' says Grandpa. 'How about a demonstration?'

The auditor thinks for a moment and said, 'Okay. Go
    ahead.'

Grandpa says, 'I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye.'

The auditor thinks a moment and says, 'It's a bet.'

Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor's jaw drops.
    Grandpa says, 'Now, I'll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye.'

Now the auditor can tell Grandpa isn't blind, so he
    takes the bet.

Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye.

The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa's attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous,
    'Want to go double or nothing?' Grandpa asks 'I'll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between.'

The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there's no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again.

Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his
    pants, but although he strains mightily, he can't make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he pretty much urinates all over the auditor's desk.
    The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win.

But Grandpa's own attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.

'Are you okay?' the auditor asks.

'Not really,' says the attorney. 'This morning, when Grandpa told me he'd been summoned for an
    audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you'd be happy about it!'

May 31, 2013 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

OMG! All thats been PROVED so far @ hamsta is that you are freakin crazy!!!

May 31, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

And how is it that everyone who doesnt agree with you is a "liberal?"

May 31, 2013 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Lol good evening @ Pete. Hes more like a child throwing a tantrum! I didnt have the patience for that with my own children and i have even less now lol.

May 31, 2013 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |