June 17th, 2013

Russia, U.S. to square off over Syria

Not long after the United States said it will start arming Syrian rebels, Syria's longtime ally Russia fired back by saying the move supports those "who kill their enemies and eat their organs."

The latest dispute sets a riveting backdrop to the Group of Eight summit in Northern Ireland on Monday, where the Syrian civil war will likely top the agenda among eight of the world's most powerful countries.

On Monday, Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Barack Obama will meet one-on-one to discuss the war that has now killed more than 92,000 people - including thousands of children.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Politics • Russia • Syria • U.S. • Vladimir Putin • World
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

And awaaay we go

A man goes to a psychiatrist.
    He says, "Doc, I have a problem."
    The psychiatrist says, "Tell me about it."
    The man says, "I have been seeing this woman for two months now."
    The psychiatrist asks, "What's the problem?"
    The man says, "Well, doc, nobody else can see her."

June 17, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

A new business was opening and one of the owner”s friends wanted to send flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card; it said “Rest in Peace”. The owner was angry and called the florist to complain. After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist said. “Sir, I”m really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry you should imagine this: somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, “Congratulations on your new location!”

June 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. dazzle ©

A bobcat two fer today is a good day. #1 is my favorite. LOL

June 17, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

Thanks@bobcat
    And folks especially @bobcat@dazzle@Mary@chrissy@Rascal Rabble@Pete visit the prestigious military & foreign affairs journal Veterans Today for a perspective on Syria.
    Watch the two minute video of Brezenski speaking on US policy.

June 17, 2013 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Have a good one all.

June 17, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anonymous

Have a fine day, Eeyore.

June 17, 2013 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

Days inn.8:00 sharp. Be there or be square.

June 17, 2013 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Correct me if im wrong, but hasnt the US been sending arms to the syrian rebels for quite some time already?? And it hasnt made one iota of difference thus far. Time to STOP sending any aid to ALL foreign countries. We have our own problems that really need some serious attention. And these countries will always be at war cuz thats what they do!

June 17, 2013 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Thanks @ saywhat ill be sure and check it out.

June 17, 2013 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Anonymous

What have YOU done besides complain?

June 17, 2013 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Lol another set of bobsey twins @ JR? Are you having a gender issue or what? There are surgeries for that.

June 18, 2013 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

@ tweedledum and tweedledee, HOW have you corrected me? And @ anonymous, whose complainining? Other than you i mean.

June 18, 2013 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Pete

@chrissy,good mornin..A poet and don't even know it...Hamsta,just a legend in his own mind!!!

June 18, 2013 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

Hey@Hamsta
    inspire us & perhaps we would be doing something in the service of our country besides being there for the community we live in, doing in whatever capacity we can to support and lend a hand to those who are entrusted with our well being & protection, letting our reps know how we feel about where this country is headed, pointing out faults & those who deviate from their obligations to America & Americans.

June 18, 2013 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Hamsta

In response to your idiotic statement last night, let me as you , what have you "ever" done in service of your country ?
    All I;ve ever seen out of you is complaints about your countrys leaders. Yeah, that's real patriotism right there.
    Myself, I constantly give back to my country. I currently give back in the form of training our next generation of first responders, some of who may one day actually save your ungrateful self.
    Don't you dare ever question my patriotism. I was doing things for my country before you were even in school, or maybe even born. So KMA

June 18, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

@bobcat
    Well spoken my friend and from heart – an American & a patriot.

June 18, 2013 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

Please don't do me any favors.

June 18, 2013 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |