June 22nd, 2013

Kerry, key allies in Qatar for talks on Syrian rebels' support

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Qatar early Saturday for meetings with his Western and Mideast counterparts who support Syrian rebels struggling to topple President Bashar al-Assad.

The diplomatic group, known as the London Eleven, is meeting in Doha to help shift the balance of power on the Syrian battlefield away from al-Assad and into the hands of his enemies.

But they are up against support for his government by Russia, China, Iran and the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.

Full story

Filed under: John Kerry • Qatar • Syria • Uncategorized • World Update
  1. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

Outcome? ZERO.

June 22, 2013 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT ( D.M.I. ALLIANCE LOGISTICS OFFICER AND ROYALS FAN!!)

bigmoon is shaped like a big zero...

June 22, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

'Rebels boasts receiving ant tank anti aircraft missiles'.
    Undoubtedly the report that AlQaeda's Syria Cell is now the best equipped among all their cells is correct.

June 22, 2013 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. saywhat

Negotiations with Taliban are also slated in Qatar. But that is a necessity to get us out of Afghan disaster, no options there.

June 22, 2013 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

We are amassing troops & weapons in Jordan, so it stands to 'reason' that US boots on the ground is to come also.
    Well played Israel & S.Arabia.

June 22, 2013 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

I know saywhat, and good morning to you sir. I've got to say I was quite dismayed (why, I don't know) to read about the build up in Jordan. I mean, I knew we were sending troops and equipment there, I just didn't realize it was to this extent. And now the revelation that they will remain (big surprise there). How has the world been so easily duped into supplying al queda with such sophisticated weapons ? I mean just because they names like SFA, (or whatever) a pig is still a pig.

June 22, 2013 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)©

You've got nothing to say that I care to listen to. Please record you comment and put it on a loop. Results will be the same.

June 22, 2013 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

I can pretty much assure you saywhat, it would have been a waste of time. A one track mind doesn't leave room for compromise.

June 22, 2013 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

Thanks@Mary
    just heard the Irish parliamentarian Daly speak.
    As an American i felt embarrassed & hurt at what we have done to ourselves during the past 11 years and how the world has come to perceive us.

June 22, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Americans should be concerned at how things are being shaped in Syria , our folly would come to haunt us for decades.

June 22, 2013 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary

Yes, @ saywhat. 🙂 I ask this question to all. Who is the real terrorist? Seeing the events that have come to light from the FBI, NSA ... on down the line.

June 22, 2013 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

The other shoe is falling my friend ...

June 22, 2013 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

So true @ bobcat, saywhat and Mary! Guess some of those conspiracy theorys were right on the money!!

June 22, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. RUFFNUTT ( D.M.I. ALLIANCE LOGISTICS OFFICER AND ROYALS FAN!!)

Supermoons are super hot... 9 months from now i wonder if there will be a spike in new babies?

June 22, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

I have to admit, when we first began to hear about events in Syria, i was appalled that no one was doing anything to intervene in the senseless deaths. Mainly those of the children. And i couldnt understand how the US could sit idly by and allow it to happen, when we've been involved in wars for less important reasons! Now ive learned that not ONLY did the US allow it to happen, but were actively involved in MAKING it happen! It saddens me tremendously and makes me ashamed of our Officials that we have appointed. Mainly, because apparantly they have no shame of their own!

June 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Hey ruffie (if thats really you) welcome back! And how the hell have you been? We've wondered about you often and i have missed your distinct sense of humor!
    😉

June 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

@ Jacob, truer words were never spoken! We need to fire the whole lot of them and start over!

June 22, 2013 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |