August 5th, 2013

Horrific Florida school bus beating

The windmilling fists and stomping feet rain down blows on the 13-year-old boy.

Trapped on the floor between the bus seats, he cries out as he receives fierce punch after vicious kick from the three bigger, older youths.

As the relentless assault unfolds, the driver of the Florida school bus alerts the dispatcher, pleading for aid.

Post by:
Filed under: Florida • U.S.
  1. dcapettini

The bus driver is 64 years old and is probably paid minimum wage. If he had taken these three boys on, he probably would have been beaten up too. And, to cap it off, they would have been back out within a week, perhaps looking for the same type of revenge they took out on the 13 YO. I am 67 and I wouldn't take on three 15 YOs unless they were attacking my kid. I do find it interesting that the media has not widely reported that the aggressors are Black and the boy beaten up is White. I guess it is like a "Dog bites Man" story. Not really news.

August 5, 2013 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • karen

all school buses should have an adult that is a monitor hired by the district, they should have with a camcorder and can record events! with school taxes being as high as they are and going up one would think this would be helpful in stopping this crap, what is happening to our country? is it all the violence in movies, video games, racial bs, lack of parenting what? can't blame it on religion as they took God out of schools.

August 31, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dazzle ©

The very first SOP you learn when working with children is do not get into the middle of a fight. Your first instinct is to do so and happily the bus driver did the right thing..Why is the story so late in coming out? They should send these punks up to Raiford with the lifers.

August 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Not dazzle above.

August 5, 2013 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. mlondeaux

I am appalled by the lack of coverage on this story. Shame, shame, shame on the mainstream media for using "selective journalism" because it doesn't fit into their liberal narrative. Even this CNN article is offensive because it is blatantly under-reported. Here... I'll help them. THREE BLACK KIDS BEAT UP ONE WHITE KID. If the situation was reversed, and it was three white kids on a black kid, it would be ALL over the news. Al Sharpton and the NAACP would be organizing protests across the country and even OBAMA would be giving his unnecessary opinion on the matter. In my opinion, blacks are far more racist than whites, and they conveniently use racism as an excuse for their own failures.

August 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Well said !!

August 5, 2013 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • jbones

Second that. You are seeing the true face of racism in the United States, reverse racism and it makes me sick.

August 29, 2013 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

@ mlondeaux, agreed. As a rule blacks are more racist than whites. However, that doesnt make it right.

August 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. juju

The censorship in this story has really diminished my trust in cnn and the rest of the mainstream media. I am finding it increasingly more difficult to rely on cnn's reporting with respect to any story that has the potential to challenge the general assumptions of the political correctness movement. The media is supposed to be the watchdog of democracy, but often seem to serve as the watchdog of political correctness. Thank goodness for the Internet!

August 5, 2013 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Anna Denbeigh

Why am I just now hearing about this story today? What's up CNN? Sounds to me like CNN is racist!!! Why in God's name would you not report such an atrocity?

August 5, 2013 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. rupert

What about Megan Boken

August 5, 2013 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Guy

As long as it was black kids beating a white kid, it will never be front page news with the mainstream media

August 5, 2013 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. justice

Can someone please explain why CNN is almost "hiding" this story? There is 0 doubt that 3 black kids viciously attacked a white kid. Why aren't people outraged? Where is Al Sharpton to protect this child's civil rights to ride public school bus without the fear of death?

August 5, 2013 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Guy

Where is the outrage? No Sharpton....no Jackson.....no Obama? Oh yeah...I forgot. The Caucasian kid was on the receiving end of the beating

August 5, 2013 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. fordham

Does anyone know when Obama is scheduled to provide comments on this tragic situation?

August 5, 2013 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

White is the new minority but tragically its our own fault because there should've been NO minority to begin with!

August 5, 2013 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. dazzle ©

@chrisssy it is really me. Technical phone difficulties you understand.

August 5, 2013 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Hmm funny @ dazzle did you get my text?

August 5, 2013 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

I did but service in my neck of the woods has been affected since yesterday. At least we have a house land line for now.

August 5, 2013 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |