August 22nd, 2013

Hannah Anderson: 'My mom raised me to be strong'

In her first television interview since she was freed following an alleged kidnapping this month, Hannah Anderson described herself as a survivor, and thanked those who have supported her.
"In the beginning I was a victim, but now knowing everyone out there is helping me, I consider myself a survivor instead," she told NBC News. "My mom raised me to be strong."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: U.S.
  1. chrissy

Hmmm someones brains must've already been sold eh @ muddyblog? And you go @ Hannah. Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful woman!

August 22, 2013 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. www.mudpgi.blog.com

Hi cutie patootie. rupert says to tell u hi.

August 22, 2013 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lolol now how did i know you were mudiblog also?

August 22, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Abraham

The modern definition of "racist" is someone whos winning a discussion with a liberal. Or just look at our president

August 22, 2013 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

You should look up what liberal really means; the GOP qualifies. The TP does not. When members of their own party start cannibalizing each other, the situation is out of control. Fix your own party before you slander others.

August 22, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

A Department of Homeland Security manager in charge of buying weapons and ammunition for the government is, on the side, running an inflammatory website that throws around gay slurs and advocates the mass murder of "whites" and the "ethnic cleansing" of "Uncle Tom race traitors," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
      Copy/paste. Lol
      This your obomba govt running amuck people. Hope and change huh? Racism and bigotry should have been his slogan

August 22, 2013 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

He should be termintated, then, along with anyone who would serve to be divisive to Americans. What wingsite did you c/p that from? Such illuminating sites such as infowars, Daily Caller, Drudge? The far right is out of control. Time to reign them in.

August 22, 2013 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Thats the spirit Hannah.
    Good afternoon@chrissy
    @Abraham
    Racism today in this land of ours is embodied in POTUS or 'unjustifiably' pinned on someone who is winning in a discussion with a liberal. lol
    That is one unbiased statement . Very wise indeed.lol

August 22, 2013 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

But then perhaps you are right unwittingly. As we saw during Pr.Obama's election, midterms and his reelection.
    His person did bring out racism simmering just under the surface of folks who couldn't reconcile with the idea of a person of color in the White House.

August 22, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

The crazy TP is rendering the mainstream GOP largely irrelevant. No amount of Obama bashing is going to get the TP crazies ever elected to the WH. They appeal to their gerrymandered constituents only.

August 22, 2013 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

And WT F does this have to do with the tea party. Are you obsessed with them while they representing two percent of America. Mo Ron

August 22, 2013 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

Where are obo mbas great investig ative teams on the ra. Cists in O K who gunned down a man while jogging. Nowhere while they send a team to AZ to investigate a kid who wore a con federate flag bandana to school. You have nothing but TP to say on that. Typical L I b nonsense

August 22, 2013 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

And I give you a typical rabid right response. All bilious rhetoric, no actual substance. Is it any wonder that conservatives are now called RINOs by the PeaTardy?

August 22, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

Touch a nerve, Abby? Did you recognize yourself in my analysis?

August 22, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Good afternoon also @ saywhat! And i totally agree @ Jennifer Rubin!

August 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

The same thing it has to do with Obama @ Abby! Not a damn thing! Nor does this have anything to do with racism but some people use any excuse to bash the prez no matter how irrelevant!

August 22, 2013 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

The Facts are bashing the POTUS. I can't make this stuff up Chrissy. Wish I was full of s#%t Cuzz then I could wake in the morning and not have to read this daily nonsense. Now we got the prez sueing Texas over a simple law that says you need to provide an ID to vote. Just nonsense from the regime

August 22, 2013 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

And dont get me started on this whole obomba care debacle. What a complete mess

August 22, 2013 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

Please present the alternative that the right has been touting. Repeal without replacing isn't a strategy.
      In Wisc, one needs a birth certificate to obtain an ID. To obtain a BC, one needs a BC. What is wrong with this picture?

August 22, 2013 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

That should read, "to obtain a BC, one needs a ID."

August 22, 2013 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

Um they can use their Obama phone to get a BC. I used my phone that I didn't obtain thru the govt to get my DD214(record of military service) for all of you that have never served our country. It's a total farce that people can't get an ID. isn't it a wonder that people can jump thru hoops to get on the govt dole but complain about how hard it is getting an ID? More L I B nonsense. Not buying it chica

August 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer Rubin

You are aware that the Lifeline plan was a Reagan program and not an Obama program, correct? And that Bush is the one who expanded it to cell phones?
      I believe I also stated I was not a liberal. Do you have problems understanding simple statements?

August 22, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff

You didn't serve, Abby, unless you consider your father's work with Mossad to be "serving".

August 22, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jennifer Rubin

On topic, I saw the interview with Hannah. She exemplifies grace and strength. I wish her well.

August 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jennifer Rubin

"Now we got the prez sueing Texas over a simple law that says you need to provide an ID to vote. Just nonsense from the regime."
    Wrong The U.S. Justice Department is challenging Texas’s Voter ID law, saying it violates the Voting Rights Act, as well as the Constitution’s 14th and 15th Amendments.
    If it is unconstitutional, it must be struck down. After all, the Constitution is the spreme law of the land. And the DOJ isn't Obama. Please try to keep up.

August 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. rupert

I eat pork rinds and beer

August 22, 2013 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  12. rupert

@ jennifer ruben. What color are your pa nties?

August 22, 2013 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. rupert

I hope they are red. Are they?

August 22, 2013 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. rupert

Tap beer has the best flavor. Especually an old tavern.

August 22, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

endorsement of what @Jennifer Rubin has to say was blocked.

August 22, 2013 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |