August 23rd, 2013

WWII vet, 88, beaten to death by teens

An 88-year-old World War II veteran was brutally beaten and left for dead by two teens outside a lounge in Spokane, Washington, where he loved to go play pool.

The motive? Police don't have one. The teens appeared to have picked him at random, authorities say.

Delbert Belton, a retired aluminum company worker, served in the Pacific. There, friends say, he took a bullet in the leg during the Battle of Okinawa.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • U.S.
  1. dazzle ©

This disgusting story when it first aired had pictures of these punks, now one would be hard pressed to find any news source that shows them.

August 23, 2013 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Wow these boys were orphans too? I must've missed that part when i read the story.

August 23, 2013 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Agreed @ Marc1954! We need to concentrate more about whats happening in our own country, like the drugs being brought in that are causing harm to our kids, and let these other countries clean up their own messes! And let them finance it theirselves as well! Its not our obligation or responsibility!

August 23, 2013 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

This man survived a brutal war to die in a brutal way. My God, what is happening to our humanity?

August 23, 2013 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose Jimenez

It's going down the toilet as long as black men in America abandon there offsprings. FACT!

August 23, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Oh chirp yourself @ Jeffrey! You don't know if these boys fathers were in their lives or not, youre just assuming! And even if that were true its still no defense. Some fathers are worse than none and thats not a defense either! The fact is kids today just plain have no respect! And why is that? Because the government has been so busy getting involved in ppls personal lives instead of government issues, and now parents aren't allowed or are too afraid to correct their kids! This is the end result!

August 23, 2013 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Oh and just last night you called yourself the "child support VICTIM"! As if such a thing exists! You play you pay! And you need to make up your mind which side of the fence you wanta be on before you get hurt from playing both sides!

August 23, 2013 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Here's jay jay's answer Chrissy.

Cuzz animals abandon there kids. My dog did the same thing the other day

August 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Wow you felt the need to quote me. I'm honored. Thank you. Did you miss me babe? 🙂

August 23, 2013 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

I played and am paying babe. No doubt. My girls have an outstanding father And i love them more than anything in the world. I don't mind the mindless insults. I welcome them. :). U can't silence me as seventy five percent of blacks have no father to guide them thru life and this story goes right to the point u want to ignore just like obomba. Do you agree with me or do you just want to attack me for no ungodly reason?

August 23, 2013 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • The bigot changed his name again. AND is attacking other Americans.

August 23, 2013 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Im white and live in a black neighborhood and you know what i see? I see men many of them as single parents, raising their kids themselves! And in some cases raising other mens kids!!

August 23, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon

Cuzz animals abandon there kids. My dog did the same thing the other day

August 23, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • The bigot changed his name again.

August 23, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose

"At the end of the day does it really matter?" Call me jack or Jill. I dont know you 🙂

August 23, 2013 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

My freakin dumb cat did the same thing! Left her babies to rely on the govt. well I shot her dead as punishment for abandonment. Am I wrong? I did give her a proper burial tho. Yikes!

August 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Perhaps

You should shoot your kids since you don't want to support them.

August 23, 2013 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Wow! Amazing. I support them without the help of any govt entity. Can you say the same? I highly doubt it Chrissy. That's ok. Like I said. The Insults don't rattle me Cuzz I stand Own two feet. Proudly

August 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. The bigot always posts in blue and changes his name often.

August 23, 2013 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose

And the person who cries big got is the one who really is guilty. It's ok. I deal with it on a daily basis. No worries

August 23, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • You're projecting again, Jose.

August 23, 2013 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheniqua

Racist much???

August 23, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • FedUp

Imagine that? A post with no name?
      hmmmm... so much hate... so little time....
      instead of resorting to name calling and accusations... why not just defend your position with facts?

August 26, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jiminez

Obombo is my childrens father

August 23, 2013 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jose

Yes. Two girls. Had them when I was married. Ever heard of such a thing? FAIL Mandy. And r u being a racist trying to call out a Hispanic? We all actually like to work and support out offspring. No welfare t I t. U should be happy

August 23, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

And another thing while we are discussing this issue, i grew up in a totally white small town with the proverbial "archie bunker" father and moved to a predominantly black community several years ago. Its been my biggest observation that these children not only have their parents looking out for them but they also have aunts, uncles and neighbors as well! They all invest more TIME with these kids than most 10 white families together!

August 23, 2013 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lol @ Mandy, we all KNOW hes the same person. I just wonder when he changes his name does he change outfits to get into his new role? Whatever blows his skirt up i guess lol!

August 23, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sheniqua

Jack Jill banasy Chrissy bobcat jay jay who cares?! I dont know you! If I have to change my name to get posted then so be it!

August 23, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Can

A French-German-Israeli REALLY be termed "hispanic"?

August 23, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Now you try to determine my race?! Wow! This is America. We are Americans. Deal with it race baiter

August 23, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Lol. I'm not full of myself. I have opinions whether you,the rac ist, likes it or not. Now, what color am I again?

August 23, 2013 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hey, jay jay

French, German, Hispanic and Israeli aren't races. They're ethnicities. What are you talking about??

August 23, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Human Race, jay jay.

So where is all of your outrage for Simon, et al, and their remarks about black people? Yeah, that's what I thought.

August 23, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Ooohhh! Ethnicities! Gotcha. I call myself an American no matter how you try to muck it up.

August 23, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'll thank you to remember that

The next time you change your name again to slam other Americans.

August 23, 2013 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Lol @ Jay jay, see thats how i know you aren't the real Jay jay but Jeffrey pretending to be you! The real Jay jay doesn't flirt!

August 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jay jay

Now you contend my name is Jeffery? Your not even close miss Chrissy. Will I tell you my address ssn and birthdate? You first. NSA is watching smart azz. I love the banter tho. Hee Hee

August 23, 2013 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

That was one of the things i always respected about Jay jay even when we disagreed. He shot straight from the hip without alot of baloney!

August 23, 2013 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |