September 13th, 2013

Al Qaeda message on 9/11

Americans commemorated this week the loss of those who died at the hands of al Qaeda terrorists on September 11, 2001. Their leader chimed in a day later with new threats against the United States.

Ayman al-Zawahiri called on his followers in an audio message posted on the Internet on Thursday to "land a large strike on it, even if it takes years of patience for this."

Full Story

Post by:
Filed under: Al Qaeda • Boston • Massachusetts • National security • Security • September 11 • Terrorism • World • World Update • Yemen
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini ©™

How are we fixed for drones?
    I'm really not concerned about the humans who shield al-Zawahiri and others like him.

September 13, 2013 at 6:29 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

The bobcats response to the al Qaeda threats "

A man and an ostrich walk into a restaurant. The waitress asks, "What will it be?"

The man replied "a burger and a coke." "And you?" "I'll have the same," the ostrich replies. They finish their meal and pay. "That will be $4.50," The man reached into his pocket and pulled out the exact amount. They do this every day till Fri.

"The usual?" she asked. "No, today is Friday. I'll have steak and a coke."

"Me too." says the ostrich. They finish and pay. "That will be $10.95"

The man reached in and pulls out the exact amount again just like all week.

The waitress was dumb-founded. "How is it that you always have the exact amount?"

"Well," says the man. "I was cleaning my attic and I found a dusty lamp. I rubbed it and a genie appeared." Wow!" said the waitress. "What did you wish for?"

"I asked that when I needed to pay for something, the exact amount would appear in my pocket." "Amazing! Most people would ask for a million dollars. But what's with the ostrich?" "Well," said the man. "I also asked for a chick with long legs."

They're not even worth staying on topic.

September 13, 2013 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Hmmm i doubt thats really Joey above but if it is shame on him!

September 13, 2013 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

CNN is on a roll today. I guess they don't want any comments except those they post themselves.
    If you don't want my or anyone else to comment, why even have this page here ?
    So in regards to the story and your refusal to leave comment posted, You can both kiss my lily white butt.

September 13, 2013 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

We have seen what our policies and actions during these 11 yrs have done to AlQaeda.
    They have expanded franchise and are the dominant force in activities in the M.East and Africa.
    Using drones that kill locals is what they want so they can trumpet their 'cause' and get the population to their side. A foolish pursuit by us.

September 13, 2013 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

This thug Zawahiri's message also says that with their actions US would engage more in wars and weaken itself economically.And those up on the Hill place us exactly where AlQaeda want us to be.

September 13, 2013 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

blocked

September 13, 2013 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

@chrissy
    You would have seen that some here are always thinking that solutions lie in killing as many as possible 'out there'. And that has worked so well?
    I can only lament on this thought process stemming out of ignorance and hatred.

September 13, 2013 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

can't get thru.

September 13, 2013 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

I see @bobcat is also being blocked. A pity, i as others always look forward to his input.

September 13, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. saywhat

@chrissy
    you would have seen that some here are always seeing solutions in killing as many as possible 'out there'. Well that has worked so well for us and our interests. God!

September 13, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. saywhat

This thug zawahri's message also says that with their actions US would engage more in wars and weaken itself economically and financially.
    And those up on the Hill place us exactly where AlQaeda want us.

September 13, 2013 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

C'mon CNN let go.

September 13, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

Yes @ saywhat i am aware that alot of people feel that way as disgusting as that is! And i agree about enjoying @ bobcats jokes! Someone at cnn must be jealous eh?

September 13, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

The name al Qaeda is becoming insignificant. In the past, the name seemed to instill fear anywhere and anytime it was mentioned. But the people of the world have seen them for what they are. Nothing but a bunch of schoolyard bullies. They are all so big and bad as long as they have the advantage of a crowd and weapons, but you get them cornered by themselves and they whimper like any other bully that has been shown up. It is beyond me why the citizens choose to let themselves be cowed by these animals. If they as a group would stand up and face them down, the problem would be solved. I'm sure that most of us would not allow a group of outsiders to come into our neighborhood and try to impose their ways on us without banding together against them. If they would follow this example, their problem would be solved too.

September 13, 2013 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |