October 21st, 2013

Same-sex marriages start in New Jersey

Marsha Shapiro and Louise Walpin married each other for the third time early Monday. But this time, it was especially memorable: They were among the first to tie the knot after same-sex marriage became legal in New Jersey.

A rabbi first "married" the couple in 1992 in a Jewish ceremony. They married a second time in New York in August 2012 after same-sex marriage became legal there.

The third time was just after midnight Thursday in the Garden State. The couple helped pave the way there through a 2011 lawsuit that brought about the change. New Jersey now becomes the 14th state to recognize gay marriages.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Politics • U.S.
  1. chrissy

Lol oh so just becausd it wasnt recorded means it didnt happen?? And im the uneducated one huh? Lmao sheesh! Youve been eating too much pepperoni i think!

October 23, 2013 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • rupert

Hi cutie patootie #1
      Facts are on my side

October 23, 2013 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. rupert

Sorry banasy. Not trying to show off but facts are in my side.
    I DONT MAKE THINGS UP as I go along
    Ty
    Cutie potootie #2

October 23, 2013 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I believe I stated that there have been gays throughout recorded history; you confirmed it, rupert. Thanks for that. Now, if a behavior is being recorded, it follows that the behavior existed prior to being recorded. Therefore, what facts have you brought up that were not brought up prior?

October 23, 2013 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

What exactly are you disputing that I said? I don't get what your point is; the previous conversation was about kings and such. I said that gay people have been around throughout recorded history. You seem to agree. And....?

October 23, 2013 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Oh, you don't? Welcome to the club. I have never posted anything I couldn't back up; you know that better than everyone, much to your chagrin. Nice innuendo, though.

October 23, 2013 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

What are you talking about? What are you disputing? I'm glad you don't make things up. As you know, I never have, either. Unlike some who like to revise history.

October 23, 2013 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I love when they release posts all at once. Yeesh.

October 23, 2013 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Lol omg! You DON'T make things up as you go along??? Seriously? Thats ALL YOU DO! Lolololol. Now thats the funniest thing ive heard today! Oh and really @ rupert, HOW would you know even? Were you there???

October 23, 2013 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. rupert

Ok. U agree with me. Which makes u smart

October 23, 2013 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I'm glad you agree that I don't post crap, unlike others that revise history. Everything I post is fact-based and linked.

October 23, 2013 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rupert

@ rr. If u try real hard with those two. U can get thru sometimes.

October 23, 2013 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I certainly never said you did; unlike your innuendo-filled post to me.

October 23, 2013 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lmao boy this thread has taken some very strange turns! And @ banasy we are almost at the 48 hour mark!! No change.

October 23, 2013 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Oops correction that should read 24 hour mark with no change!

October 23, 2013 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Mainly because of 41 hours of no sleep, sorry.

October 23, 2013 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

THAT is not what he decided at all! He felt the citizens of the US of A were being ripped off by big Pharma and Corporate Medical! And we are!

October 23, 2013 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Chrissy: no change doesn't mean getting worse. Strength, my dear.
      And as for the other post you're referencing: consider the source. Lies are his trademark.

October 23, 2013 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Thank you @ banasy, you are a very wise woman. And thats what i told my mom earlier. And then the Dr confirmed that a bit ago!

October 23, 2013 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

And agreed @ babalooixnay! But im quite sure americans have gotten much smarter over the past month especially! And the GOTP have pretty much sealed their future!

October 23, 2013 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan Jeffcoat of WUSA9 News in Washington, D.C..

Try asking Congress to repeal the state laws for a better society!

October 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  13. rupert

And then silence filled the air.
    Not even a mouse was stirring.

October 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

A guy joins a monastery and takes a vow of silence: he’s allowed to say two words every seven years.

After the first seven years, the elders bring him in and ask for his two words. "Cold floors," he says. They nod and send him away.

Seven more years pass. They bring him back in and ask for his two words. He clears his throats and says, "Bad food." They nod and send him away.

Seven more years pass. They bring him in for his two words. "I quit," he says. "That’s not surprising," the elders say. "You’ve done nothing but complain since you got here."

October 24, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

A haggard old lady is riding in a posh hotel's elevator. On the second floor, a beautiful woman steps on, smelling divine. She arrogantly says to the old lady, "Georgio, $100 an ounce."
    On the next floor, an equally beautiful women steps on, smelling lovely as well. She turns to the two other women and says, "Chanel, $150 an ounce."

The old lady's floor is approaching and as the doors open, she looks at the two young ladies, bends over, farts and says, "Broccoli, 49 cents a pound."

October 24, 2013 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |