November 22nd, 2013

Key part of HeathCare.gov was shelved

When the troubled federal health care website came online, the key "Anonymous Shopper" function was nowhere to be found - even though it passed a key test almost two weeks before HealthCare.gov launched.

That successful test, noted in documents obtained by CNN and confirmed by a source close to the project, contradicts testimony from an Obama administration official overseeing HealthCare.gov, who told lawmakers earlier this month the function was scrapped because it "failed miserably" before the October 1 launch.

Like much of the HealthCare.gov rollout, the subject has become political fodder for Republicans, who claim the decision to nix the anonymous shopper was made by administration officials worried it would produce rate estimates so high they would deter potential enrollees.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Barack Obama • Politics • U.S.
  1. saywhat

I think govt run single payer coverage for all was never seriously considered. It was perhaps thought the idea would never materialize. Focus remained on expanding private health insurance.

November 22, 2013 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. saywhat

response to@banasy was blocked.

November 22, 2013 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Hamsta

I was watching Hellboy II The Golden Army and when the part where Hellboy beat some info out of an ogre with a talking tumor I suddenly thought to myself that at least I will have prenatal care with Obamacare when my tumor starts talking!

November 22, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. The Hamsta

I was watching Hellboy 2 and a scene made me think about how wonderful Obacare is. When Hellboy beats some info out of an ogre at the troll market a talking tumor reminded me that when I get a tumor that starts talking obamacare will give it plenty of prenatal care.

November 22, 2013 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The Hamsta

Have you seen Hellboy 2 banasy? That scene from the movie is the only reason I can see why stupid liberals would require a forty year old single man to include prenatal care on his health insurance policy.

November 22, 2013 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. The Hamsta

So that's how liberals fix health insurance? I will die from a cancerous tumor because my insurancea policy covers prenatal care even though I am a MAN but not chemo therapy for a cancerous tumor? Maybe if you give my tumor enough prenatal care it will start talking to you just like in a comic book movie.

November 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The Hamsta

Did you hear Obama's comment "when one side of capitol hill is invested in failure...."? It seems the democrats have invested trillions of dollars into many failures: Obamacare, Cash For Clunkers, stimulus, shovel ready jobs that don't exist, Solyndra, etc....etc..... What a shame you liberal fools can't look in the mirror when you start bashing your political opponents!

November 22, 2013 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. The Hamsta

And yes banasy, before ObaMecare insurance policies could be custom built for each individual. Flo from Progressive insurance (yes they even did health insurance at one time) has made many commercials about just that, your own custom made insurance policy. Their not the only ones either, Afflack, Geico, etc...etc... I even have insurance for my $15,000 dollar fish tank.

November 22, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Although I am unsurprised that people don't know the difference between auto, property, and health insurance.

November 22, 2013 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Although I know a great many people who cannot differentiate between property, auto, and health insurance.

November 22, 2013 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

And nope, Progressive never offered anything but vehicle insurance. Their pet insurance covers your pet if it's in a car accident with you.

November 22, 2013 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The Hamsta

But when you hire incompetent fools who can't even provide a working website after giving them 3/4 of a BILLION dollars it's no wonder a man's dog was approved for Obamecare while he doesn't get approval. It seems Obama blew a bunch of smoke up that woman's rear end when he paraded her on TV as if she was one of Obama's success stories.... Three months later, Obamacare pulled the rug from under her feet and she now has a higher premium, higher deductible, less coverage and denied of the grants to make it all affordable.

November 22, 2013 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Many people don't know the difference between the different types of insurance. Shrug.

November 22, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

CNN won't let me point out the vast differences in insurance types.

November 22, 2013 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

For instance, property vs car vs health.

November 22, 2013 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Hamsta

Gee banasy seems strange to me that I was able to choose from many policies from the same insurance company, Cigna. I had choices of accident, optical, autical, dental, deductible, copay, prescription coverage, male or female(prostate exam versus mammogram), mental, etc...etc... Now I have a couple of one size fits all reduced benefit plans that cost considerably more than the 100% percent coverage including dental and optical that had before Obamacare. Now if I get a tumor they will treat it with mammograms and prenatal care.

November 22, 2013 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Mine didn't 't change one iota. Probably because I had fantastic coverage in the first place, and not a junk policy. Sorry for your troubles.

November 22, 2013 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. The Hamsta

But so goes it when they approve your dog for health care insurance but not you.

November 22, 2013 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

I was referring to Progressive, which YOU brought up.

"Now if I get a tumor they will treat it with mammograms and prenatal care. "
    This made me laugh, thanks.

I think you need to learn how insurance actually works, Hamsta.

I have neither the patience nor the inclination to explain it to you.

You have a wonderful evening.

November 22, 2013 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |