November 22nd, 2013

Speaking out against cell service on planes

Commercial air travel is already filled with annoyances like shrinking personal space, overpriced meals and frequent delays. For many people, there's one bright spot to flying: A forced break from making, receiving and hearing phone calls.

That could change with the Federal Communication Commissions new proposal to drop the ban on cellular connections and allow phone calls once a plane reaches 10,000 feet.

The FCC first pitched the idea in 2004, before the rise of the smartphone. The reaction from passengers and flight attendant unions at the time was loud and negative: phone calls on planes would be disruptive, annoying and a potential safety issue. The FCC decided against the proposal.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. saywhat

My well wishes on this day to my friends were blocked.Great.

November 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Rascal Rabble's Holiday Blues

ting-ting-ting (hitting water glass) around the turkey dinner table...if y'all think it's fightin' werds t'find out yaba blay isah frizzy hair black man...just wait tily'all see jesus at his second comin'...whoever knew a neo-nazi to be honest anyways...

November 28, 2013 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Too much egg nog?

November 29, 2013 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble's Holiday Blues

lol...meant craig cobb...jmaking "statistical noise" too...this segment of cnn states that 30% of white people are bi-racially black...and just wanderin' how many of the cnn regulars possesse the sub-saharan gene....iow 30% of the white people meet the one drop rule for definition of blackness...

November 29, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Ohhh! Thanks for the explanation.
      Me, don't know, but my beloved gorgeous granddaughter is 25% black.

November 29, 2013 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Oh! I see. Me, don't know, but my beautiful beloved granddaughter has 25% precious droplets.

November 29, 2013 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

They keep blocking me, but as for me , not to my knowledge, but I have family who is bi-racial.

November 29, 2013 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble's Holiday Blues

banasyboo we're not talking about the out of the closet bi-racial, mixed marriages/couples babies...this segment is DAMNING...it is referencing white folks on the downlow....who are really black!

November 29, 2013 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

Thank you @ saywhat and to you also! And @ banasy, my baby girl got to go home today finally!!! Im just so screamin happy! But still exhausted from all this mental stress, that i cant even begin to try and figure out what you mean by that post @ Rascal! Lol still wishing you all a blessed day though!

November 28, 2013 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble's Holiday Blues

my apologies chrissy babaaaay...I meant craig cobb a white supremacist found out he racially black from his genetic profile...the segment states least 30% of white people are genetically black...i taking this sh-t to watercoolers...

November 29, 2013 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Im afraid to ask who "yaba blay" is so i won't! And ty @ saywhat, to you also dear man! And happy turkey day to @ banasy and @ Rascal, and to all my other friends near and far!

November 28, 2013 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rascal Rabble's Holiday Blues

rightback atcha!

November 29, 2013 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Lol @ rupert, a future date covers a lot of time ya know! That sounds like Congress lingo! Lmao

November 29, 2013 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  6. dazzle ©

Wish you could get these blogs updated. This reader is going elsewhere. Thanks Rupert and no jacking.

November 29, 2013 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Lol @ dazzle wont happen in our lifetime!

November 29, 2013 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ¬©

@chrissy, I am sure you are right. It never ends. I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving. The rest of my crew went skiing today. I stayed home and enjoyed the quiet.

November 29, 2013 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Todays Quirkey News: Scientists found a new species of skeleton shrimp in Ca. They look like terrifying alien he!!~scorpians and we must drown them all in butter.

November 29, 2013 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Lol same as any other day @ dazzle but thank you. Text me if youre not busy.

November 29, 2013 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

And @ banasy she means the hoity toity ones whose ancestors co mingled with their slaves and like to pretend they didnt!

November 30, 2013 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat (in a hat)©

20 Ways To Mess Santa Claus

1. Instead of milk and cookies, leave him a salad, and a note explaining that you think he could stand to lose a few pounds.
    2. While he's in the house, go find his sleigh and write him a speeding ticket.
    3. Leave him a note, explaining that you've gone away for the holidays. Ask if he would mind watering your plants.
    4. While he's in the house, replace all his reindeer with exact replicas. Then wait and see what happens when he tries to get them to fly.
    5. Keep an angry bull in your living room. If you think a bull goes crazy when he sees a little red cape, wait until he sees that big, red Santa suit!

November 30, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

6.Build an army of mean-looking snowmen on the roof, holding signs that say "We hate Christmas," and "Go away Santa."
      7. Leave a note by the telephone, telling Santa that Mrs. Claus called and wanted to remind him to pick up some milk and a loaf of bread on his way home.
      8. Throw a surprise party for Santa when he comes down the chimney. Refuse to let him leave until the str ippers arrive.
      9. While he's in the house, find the sleigh and sit in it. As soon as he comes back and sees you, tell him that he shouldn't have missed that last payment, and take off.
      10. Leave a plate filled with cookies and a glass of milk out, with a note that says, "For The Tooth Fairy. :)" Leave another plate out with half a stale cookie and a few drops of skim milk in a dirty glass with a note that says, "For Santa. :("

November 30, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

11. Take everything out of your house as if it's just been robbed. When Santa arrives, show up dressed like a policeman and say, "Well, well. They always return to the scene of the crime."
      12. Leave out a copy of your Christmas list with last-minute changes and corrections.
      13. While he's in the house, cover the top of the chimney with barbed wire.
      14. Leave lots of hunting trophies and guns out where Santa's sure to see them. Go outside, yell, "Ooh! Look! A deer! And he's got a red nose!" and fire a gun.
      15. Leave Santa a note, explaining that you've moved. Include a map with unclear and hard-to-read directions to your new house.

November 30, 2013 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Sadly, I have to change that to 16 ways to Mess With Santa. You know how the powers that be are.

18. Paint "hoof-prints" all over your face and clothes. While he's in the house, go out on the roof. When he comes back up, act like you've been "trampled."

November 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

Lol @ banasy, i didnt say she was right or wrong. Just what i determined she meant. Of course i may have interpreted it wrong too. I have been wrong a time or two myself lol.

November 30, 2013 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

Now being blocked as well. Hello banasy and chrissy.

chrissy
    I was happy to hear that your little one finally got to come home. I hope this will put some light into your holidays.

November 30, 2013 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

MY last post was @ 3:48 and hey i d i o t, it was also MY not so little one that finally got to come home!!

November 30, 2013 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

Omg lol im sorry @ bobcat i clearly cant see so well, cuz it looked like i was jacked but now i see that was from you. Ty and again sorry, you know i would never call you an I d i o t.

November 30, 2013 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat)¬©

Whooooeeeee chrissy

I've got to say that made my jaw drop. I apologize for my misunderstanding about the little one. ( or as you explained, not so little one.) But I do hope some normalcy will come back into your life now so your holidays will be brighter.

November 30, 2013 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |