December 13th, 2013

Man planned suicide attack at Wichita, Kansas, airport, feds say

An airport worker was arrested Friday attempting to detonate a vehicle packed with explosives that he thought were real in a planned suicide attack at a Wichita Mid-Continent Airport terminal in Kansas, federal officials said.

Authorities are calling him "a lone wolf."

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Justice
  1. Rascal Rabble

okay! okay! very detailed timeline ...buttaahhh, howdiddah fbi guy just so happpened tobeethere when he first sounded off...the airport guy seems to work in a restricted area...reeks of entrapment and eggin' this guy on...who seems more like a basket case...who need to be treated with medications...

December 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

@ Rascal because thats what they do to scare the general public and to justify all that money being used for homeland security! They find the likliest victim they can manipulate and there you have it! A suicide bomber deterred and homeland security is still needed. End of story! Cuz ya know most joe public are gullible!

December 13, 2013 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

9:06am is so obviously not chrissy; I wonder why it is allowed to remain?

December 15, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. The Hamsta

If a man with a "cheewee" haircut commits mass murder you would expect police to profile people who wear dreadlocks as suspects, so why is it so wrong to profile muslims? Only muslims wage "jihad" after all.

December 14, 2013 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Posting this again: Hamsta, look up what Terry Lee Loewan looks like, and tell me how you would profile him.

December 15, 2013 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rascal Rabble

if you really must know JIHAD is a CHRISTAIN TERM stolen by the finactical muslim...

December 14, 2013 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. Pat

I agree

December 14, 2013 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

Lol Rascal, see what i mean about the average joe public being so gullible? As if Al Quaeda gives one fig about Wichita Kansas sheesh!

December 14, 2013 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. rupert

its beginning to look a lot like xmas
    Everywherrre u go
    Take a look in the 5 & 10

December 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

WHAT does someones haircut or lack of hair have to do with ANYTHING???

December 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

Hey@Hamsta
    What should happen when a shaved head white Christianist commits mass murder or one with blonde locks? Which section of the public should be profiled?
    There are hundreds of 'minor' terror attempts in this country with home made explosives like pipe bombs according to FBI by those who do not possess a M.Eastern physiognomy, who should FBI profile?

December 14, 2013 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

As for this sting operation @Rascal Rabble is not that off the mark.

December 14, 2013 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Ty @ saywhat i will check it out.

December 14, 2013 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

You sure don't govern.

December 14, 2013 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

Did you hear about the dyslexic devil worshipper? He sold his soul to Santa.

December 15, 2013 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

A taxi passenger tapped the driver on the shoulder to ask him a question. The driver screamed, lost control of the car, nearly hit a bus, went up on the footpath, and stopped centimeters from a shop window.

For a second everything went quiet in the cab, then the driver said, "Look mate, don't ever do that again. You scared the daylights out of me!" The passenger apologized and said, "I didn't realize that a little tap would scare you so much.

"The driver replied, "Sorry, it's not really your fault. Today is my first day as a cab driver. I've been driving a funeral van for the last 25 years."

December 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

Fresh out of business school, the young man answered a want ad for an accountant. Now, he was being interviewed by a very nervous man who ran a small business that he had started himself.

"I need someone with an accounting degree," the man said. "But mainly, I'm looking for someone to do my worrying for me."

"Excuse me?" the accountant said.

"I worry about a lot of things," the man said. "But I don't want to have to worry about money. Your job will be to take all the money worries off my back."

"I see," the accountant said. "And how much does the job pay?"

"I'll start you at eighty thousand."

"Eighty thousand dollars!" the accountant exclaimed. "How can such a small business afford a sum like that?"

"That," the owner said, "is your first worry."

December 15, 2013 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |