December 26th, 2013

Warren Weinstein feels abandoned, forgotten

Saying he feels "totally abandoned and forgotten," kidnapped U.S. government contractor Warren Weinstein called on President Barack Obama to negotiate for his freedom in a video released by al Qaeda on Christmas.

The 72-year-old Weinstein was abducted from his home in the Pakistani city of Lahore in August 2011.

In the 13-minute video provided to the Washington Post, Weinstein appeals to the President, Secretary of State John Kerry, the American media, the American public and finally his family.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S. • World
  1. 🐞

He shouldn't have been over there in the first place.

December 26, 2013 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff Frank (Ohio T-Party)"Right Wing Insanity"

Really can you depend on Obama or let alone Kerry for anything?

December 26, 2013 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. 🐞

I guess I may be something of an isolationist. I think we should leave other countries alone. Spread peace and not war.

December 26, 2013 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. saywhat

Yup@Jeff, the least they can do is send in marines or navy seals to rescue him or perhaps offer a multi-million dollar ransom to get him out.
    I'm sure Weinstein knew what he was getting into when he went there and for what, may one ask?

December 26, 2013 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

His HOME was in pakistan so there is no reason the POTUS or John Kerry should offer to pay ANY ransom. Obviously he CHOSE to live there.

December 26, 2013 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. saywhat

My attempt at sarcasm (ransom & all) was probably not good enough.
    good morning@chrissy.

December 26, 2013 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

blocked

December 26, 2013 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

My failed attempt at sarcasm.Sorry.

December 26, 2013 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Your sarcasm is well placed. Don't apologize.

December 26, 2013 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

Now that we have the hub bub of another commercialized Christmas behind us, it is time to look forward to year ahead. In that spirit I offer you

BOBCATS TOP 10 PREDICTIONS FOR 2014

10 – By the time the clock quits chiming at midnight on Dec. 31, 2013, the year will have changed to 2014.

9 – You will wake up each new day, or you won't.

8 – North Korean leader Kim Jong whatever will attempt to get a stranger haircut than he already has.

7 – Dennis Rodman will become so enamored with this new haircut that he will pull out his wedding dress and
    propose to him.

6 – The sun will shine unless it is totally overcast.

5 – If a tree falls in a forest it will still make a sound even if nobody is there to hear it. ( This was proven on an insurance commercial )

4 – Trolls and hijackers will continue to prowl these pages and try to entice a response to their nonsensical posts.

3 – It still will not be nice to fool Mother Nature.

2 – Confucius will continue to say " Man who lay woman on ground, have piece on earth "

1 – Bobcat will continue to attempt his posts and be stymied by the powers that be at CNN.

December 26, 2013 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

And my continued response in regards to the above story. American citizens, unless they are totally stupid, know the dangers they face when they decide to go to these countries. In most cases, it's the allure of those mega dollar signs dancing before their eyes that entice them to ignore the dangers and go anyway. In these cases they should be required sign a waiver releasing the US government of any responsibilities. If they are more interested in the big money than their own personal safety, then they are on their own. I know it sounds cold, but that's just the way it is.

The only exceptions I can make on the this is for the likes of DWOB. These are selfless individuals who have nothing but others interest in mind.

December 26, 2013 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

I couldn't agree more; especially your shout out to DWOB.

December 26, 2013 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

I believe the man is a Government contractor who was sent to Pakistan 9 yrs ago working for the American Government. Therefore, he should be considered the US Gov.'s responsibility.

December 26, 2013 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Negotiate for release, yes. Rewrite defense and foreign policy to satisfy a terrorist organization, no.

December 26, 2013 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary

Ah. Mr. Katman, how are you my friend?
    I'm kinda partial to "Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
    Also, I'm not quit sure who is worse, Cnn or the Trolls

December 26, 2013 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hello to you Mary. I've been doing well thank you. The last I saw you here you mentioned you were getting married. Well didja ? Hope all is well with you. and hoping for a great new year for all.

December 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

Good to here it 🙂 We'll be having the big day sometime in September; haven't set the date just yet tho.
    And I will second the kats well wishes for the new year to all here.

December 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

#6 made me spit out my coffee. Well done, dear man.

December 26, 2013 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |